What's new

Within six years India will become third largest carmaker: PwC

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, whats the use of being biggest manufacturer if all you do is manufacture and not sell. Take example of Tata Nano which was much hyped and anticipated product and yet it failed in its impact. I am only commenting after reading what Ratan Tata has said recently

Man, whoever wants to buy a car, wont go for Nano. :lol: MOST of the time.

I guess we should replace our auto rickshaws with nanos :D Would make for better looking stuff on roads XD. And maybe then TATA can reduce prices a bit too ;)

Man, whoever wants to buy a car, wont go for Nano. :lol: MOST of the time.

I guess we should replace our auto rickshaws with nanos :D Would make for better looking stuff on roads XD. And maybe then TATA can reduce prices a bit too ;)

Would be good to get those 3-wheelers off the road-they are dangerous,noisy and ugly as f***. India can do better.

Would be good to get those 3-wheelers off the road-they are dangerous,noisy and ugly as f***. India can do better.

I don't think they are gonna remove 'em any time soon. Too many guys depend on those for their livelihood. We can only get rid of 'em when they realise that taxi > rickshaw. :rolleyes:

EzioAltaïr;3426072 said:
I don't think they are gonna remove 'em any time soon. Too many guys depend on those for their livelihood. We can only get rid of 'em when they realise that taxi > rickshaw. :rolleyes:
Why can't these guys transition onto Nanos and other cheap cars?

Good for you guys!

However, whats the use of being biggest manufacturer if all you do is manufacture and not sell. Take example of Tata Nano which was much hyped and anticipated product and yet it failed in its impact. I am only commenting after reading what Ratan Tata has said recently

Nano needs another push, says Ratan Tata

Manufacturing only happens when there is demand in the market. This is capitalism and this is how India works. I don't know how Pakistan works. :blink:

Why can't these guys transition onto Nanos and other cheap cars?

I don't know. Maybe because it looks to good to be useful? :rofl:

Our Government's philosophy has always been , "use the fugliest of devices, and convince yourself of their use."

EzioAltaïr;3426108 said:
I don't know. Maybe because it looks to good to be useful? :rofl:

Our Government's philosophy has always been , "use the fugliest of devices, and convince yourself of their use."

Maybe cost is an issue, idk how cheap 3-wheelers are. I had heard on UK news some time back that there had been huge oppostion by these taxi drivers to legislation forcing them to get electronic metres- idk how it played out but there seemed to be a lot of disgruntlment by the taxi drivers and unions because they were to cost ~£40-80.

+ as per capita income increases these things will change for sure.

with the population of India, if it doesnt become the 3rd largest then there is something wrong with it

with the population of India, if it doesnt become the 3rd largest then there is something wrong with it

Really that imples that there is terribly wrong with Pakistan :rofl:
South korea with 50 million people is the 4th largest. India by 2016 will be 3rd and by 2020 2nd.

Pakistan with 200million + growing at record pace, produce only 1/35 the amount of cars as India. Soo bad ehh, something terribly wrong in Pakistan.

Yes we have poor than many countries. but Indian auto sector today employs more than 20 lac people producing 6 million vehicles a year. This is now going to grow exponentially, from here to the top. Pakistan produces 30000 cars a year, with most companies closing factories last year. Indian poor can hope for a job in Indian auto sector. Pakistani poor will just :cry: when they see imported cars of corrupt politicians. joke Pakistani inndustry, learn to build a 200cc bike first.

The world is moving away from oil dependent cars and decades old 'american dream'. Welcome to the century of 'eco-friendly'. Go and check out which country uses most alternatives and which country is pollution free. Hint: Pakistan is ranked much much healthier than India :)

The world is moving away from oil dependent cars and decades old 'american dream'. Welcome to the century of 'eco-friendly'. Go and check out which country uses most alternatives and which country is pollution free. Hint: Pakistan is ranked much much healthier than India :)
Just for your kind information, India is the 3rd largest producer of electric car. Mahindra's new reva plant is the largest plant for production of electric cars in the world. Recently our govt approved 4 billion$ for research in Eco friendly cars.

We are here talking about car production, not healthy nation, don't change topic when you are getting humiliated.

I would give you another advice learn to build a battery operated cycle first then talk about eco friendly. Don't you guys feel ashanmed when Pakistan imports from small countries like sk???

Btw this 6 years thing is stupid, India in 2015-2016 will over take to be at 3rd. By 2018 it will hit 2nd. Car sales in europe are down, and this year has not been good for india either, but the way factories are being lined up by mahindra, tata and foreign companies. Nxt 2 yrs prices can fall and sales will hit record.

I highly doubt Pakistan is- India is in the top 3 for alternatiVe energy capacity added every year and is the 1/2 in spending on alternative energy in the world for the coming decade. I really don't see where India is behind Pakistan, I'm open to being proved wrong.

Btw this 6 years thing is stupid, India in 2015-2016 will over take to be at 3rd. By 2018 it will hit 2nd. Car sales in europe are down, and this year has not been good for india either, but the way factories are being lined up by mahindra, tata and foreign companies. Nxt 2 yrs prices can fall and sales will hit record.

Quite possible.....as every Automobile Manufacturer worth his salt wants a piece of India's "Automobile" cake... :)
I have read news of companies already gearing up to set up their 2nd and 3rd factories here in India. Hyundai has two factories in India. Toyota has 2 and is vying for 3. Ford is building it's 2nd factory. Renault is looking to build another factory exclusively for it's small car unit besides it's mega-factory here. The list goes on. Besides domestic consumption, India is also poised to be the numero uno Export hub for Automobiles in the entire "Third World", primarily due to it's strategic location In the East. An example at Hand is down south where the Port city of Chennai has turned to be a major hub of exports for cars to the South-Asian, African and the East-asian markets.Same is the case with Mumbai too :) which exports from the Pune and the northern hubs As for cleaner energy, i dont think in the present scenario any developing country which is aspiring to be a "net producer" can escape the "vicious cycle of energy use"..meaning one has to gradually progress from Non-Renewable to renewable/sustainable resources otherwise it will dampen the overall productivity .It's nothing to be ashamed of. Every developed country ( US, Germany,Japan,France ) had to go through this period at one point of time in their history.This probably explains why one cant possibly expect countries like India or China ( or Brazil or Russia or for that matter even Pakistan) to follow Kyoto Protocal guidelines for greenhouse emissions. This is also one of the main reasons why renewable/sustainable sources of energy will only play the role of an adjunct to the non renewable resources like coal, petrol at least for the visible future. However, what the industrializing countries need are massive investments in renewable technology so that they can be prepared to brace for the future. Renewable energy production efficiency needs to be increased, so that the transition becomes smooth. I think India is in the right track considering the fact that Atomic, Wind and solar energy production is already very robust and can only increase in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom