What's new

World Exclusive: F-16 Block-52 Flying With J-10C

Exactly, by virtue of the JF-17’s small size but powerful AESA radar (and prodded IRST) it may get a first detection advantage over the Su-30MKI (especially if RAM coating is applied in key places and a good EW suite is added in)

What I hope the PAF works on is sortie generation; landing the JF-17 on motorway bases and refueling/rearming and send the plane up 5-6 times a day, to make up for any numerical disadvantage. With the right standoff weapons, PAF maybe able to hold out for a long time, and with a lend/lease option it could replenish its numbers for any attrition in war time.

With the F-16 I hope the PAF gets the Turkish upgrade so it can put Turkish missiles on our planes and have unrestricted resupply in times of war and afterwards. The Turks have a Ramjet powered BVR missile, called the Gokhan, in development and it would probably be the most capable missile we could see on our F-16s because I doubt we could get anything better then the current Aim-120C5 in the future. Also, with the use of a modern Turkish EW suite the plane will be able to hold its own against the Rafale and an upgraded Su-30MKI for the foreseeable future.

Only with this kind of upgrade could the F-16 even hope to come close to the capabilities the J-10 currently give the PAF.

Reduction of RCS in the B3 and J10C have been confirmed. More than likely theyd def have a first shot advantage over the Sukhois. We have seen how these Sukhois even fared against older Mig29s in ukraine.

With dedicated pilots/tech advantage the PAF will be taking out large amounts of Sukhois. The Rafales are the only major threat.

Reduction of RCS in the B3 and J10C have been confirmed. More than likely theyd def have a first shot advantage over the Sukhois. We have seen how these Sukhois even fared against older Mig29s in ukraine.

With dedicated pilots/tech advantage the PAF will be taking out large amounts of Sukhois. The Rafales are the only major threat.
Their Sukhois will be receiving upgrades, so they will become an increased threat.

The future Indian Air Force will be a major threat as it becomes modernised. Especially as they move away from Russian aircraft...

Nope, no one is getting ahead of themselves here.

Upgraded Su-30MKI would get DESTROYED by the JF-17 Block 3 as the Chinese fighter would have better electronics/radar and missile. Russia has nothing that can compete with the PL-15, which is a Meteor class missile.

Well,India having 36 Rafales is not much more than 25 that PAF will be getting.

Like I say the IAF dominance of the skies over S Asia is well and truly gone for decades to come now.
I wish things were as simple as that!!. Remember the 2002 impasse between India and Pak. We did not have any BVR, mostly 3rd generation missiles, and F16 hampered by lack of spares and armaments. it still did not deter us from getting ready for our defence. IAF is a professional force and not considering them to be so would be a fatal mistake. So let us keep the jingoism down and concentrate our energies on getting better in all spheres.
A

Their Sukhois will be receiving upgrades, so they will become an increased threat.

The future Indian Air Force will be a major threat as it becomes modernised. Especially as they move away from Russian aircraft...

Chacha do these sukhois have upgrades better than papa putin gave his own air force? I dont think so the Russians sell export quality junk while prefering to keep their top tech to themselves. The Russian SU-30s downed dozens of times in Ukraine are better maintained and newer the IAF sukhoies.

No matter how much they upgrade their sukhois they will always be limited in many aspects. Key being the large RCS of the su-30 which allows even a mig-29 to lock onto it before it can be locked on. Another key being its very limited/narrow radar band. In fact so far even the Russian Mig-29s have performed better than their sukhois. I am not underestimating our enemy I am simply stating a major lessons learned from the ukraine war that no one here has ever pointed out (due to quality of idiots)

Russian jets are junk.

I wish things were as simple as that!!. Remember the 2002 impasse between India and Pak. We did not have any BVR, mostly 3rd generation missiles, and F16 hampered by lack of spares and armaments. it still did not deter us from getting ready for our defence. IAF is a professional force and not considering them to be so would be a fatal mistake. So let us keep the jingoism down and concentrate our energies on getting better in all spheres.
A

What jingoism?

Are you saying that PAF pilots are any worse than IAF pilots?

The overall technical capabililities of the PAF fighters is now better than the IAF and so if anything PAF is the better airforce as I think the technical superiority will make up for lesser numbers.

SU-30MKI with their inferior Russian missiles, electronics and AESA radars would get shot down in droves by Jf-17 Block 3, let alone if they dare face off against the J-10CP. Russian aerospace technology is junk and that is a fact.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1647370945313.jpg

I just don't get J10's cylindrical body design with wings stuck to it reminiscent of 50s and 60s design with very little wing/fuselage blending, unlike the Rafale or even the F16s. They could've added more wing blending and increased internal volume.

Plus the ginormous vertical stabilizer looks unsightly as well.

J10s look optimized for a air superiority role not so much as a multi role fighter.
Blended wing don't always generate lift or provide structural rigidity, sometimes it is just space for fuel etc. Fighter Design is very complex business, I would not comment on designer's choice without complete understanding of their perspective.

Will Turkish upgrade forfeit any further support from American for F-16 upgrade? I dont think US approved any unapproved modification to F-16. That move will result cutting off further supply of AIM-120.
They dont even approve of Iraq selling off its entire fleet of F-16 which is in total disrepair

Unless there is huge change in US politics I really doubt they will approve of an upgrade even in Turkey

You never know when PLAAF can replicate this photo.
They have already crashed multiple jets in fear

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom