What's new

World's Advanced Ever F-16IN offer to IAF

Have a take look at your PAF's F-16, since decades of its induction date it hasn't find itself armed with BVR and very badly hit by the sanctions. It is now that US has supplied some improved F-16 that has got BVR.

That is not true. You see just look at the time when F-16s were inducted in PAF. At that time both india and pakistan did not had a BVR capability. It was not until the late 90( correct me if i'm wrong) that india inducted a BVR capability as was shown during the conflict of kargil and since then pakistan is looking for a BVR capability. And by the way not only F-16s will have BVR but also the JF-17 and J-10 if pakistan decides to induct them as well. By 2015 PAF will have a true BVR capability fully operational in its front line fighter jets under the umbrella of AWACS.

But wont the composition of next generation air craftt's bodies be of better synthtic materials giving them an edge in many aspects? Do enlighten me on this...

Better synthetic material does not mean that it cannot be detected. There are ways that are being explored even now which would allow stealth platforms to be detected. What is the guarantee that this sort of capability may not become available in a 4th gen platform like the F-16?

Better synthetic material does not mean that it cannot be detected. There are ways that are being explored even now which would allow stealth platforms to be detected. What is the guarantee that this sort of capability may not become available in a 4th gen platform like the F-16?

But when US worked to develop stealth jets like F22 with a pain and the F 35 why would it try and utilize a decade ot two old F-16 fitted with new tech. Also wouldnt it be better if they sell F-22's and original stealth technology to India etc! If not why did they bother developing it and making it fight with an older F-16 bird! Please answer!

But when US worked to develop stealth jets like F22 with a pain and the F 35 why would it try and utilize a decade ot two old F-16 fitted with new tech. Also wouldnt it be better if they sell F-22's and original stealth technology to India etc! If not why did they bother developing it and making it fight with an older F-16 bird! Please answer!

Keep one thing in mind i.e F-22 are not meant for sale. They will only serve in the USAF. Even Japan was refused on this issue. For india they would still prefer india to buy the F-16s with added features some of which also includes from the JSF.

Keep one thing in mind i.e F-22 are not meant for sale. They will only serve in the USAF. Even Japan was refused on this issue. For india they would still prefer india to buy the F-16s with added features some of which also includes from the JSF.

I was just referring to the technology....F-35 is open to India in the future as if it buys the F-18 so...

How do you think the F/A-22 or JSF would detect another adversary that has stealth technology integrated? If the ability to detect such adversary lacks then various aerospace companies will find a reason and also the customers for this type of capability who would be willing to invest in their existing 4 and 4.5 gen. aircraft to be able to remain current even when engaging 5th gen aircraft.

Also as far as I am aware, at this time, the F/A-22's selling point is not the stealth features alone. There are very many other technologies that simply have no equal. So the chance of F/A-22 being sold off to countries like India does not even exist when the JASDF has been denied the aircraft.

That is not true. You see just look at the time when F-16s were inducted in PAF. At that time both india and pakistan did not had a BVR capability. It was not until the late 90( correct me if i'm wrong) that india inducted a BVR capability as was shown during the conflict of kargil and since then pakistan is looking for a BVR capability.And by the way not only F-16s will have BVR but also the JF-17 and J-10 if pakistan decides to induct them as well. By 2015 PAF will have a true BVR capability fully operational in its front line fighter jets under the umbrella of AWACS.

Man I don't contesting the inferiority of PAF F-16 and its BVR capability. I had wisely replied to previous poster who needlessly trying to cling mud on the face of IAF by critising MIG-21s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom