What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

We are living in 21st century dude, news travels faster than light, we all know how china oppressive towards Uyghurs, how can you restrict officials or students btw? Who the hell you are telling people what they should do or not about belief all you should do is to respect it. But hell no, great china can decide when and how people should worship. When they do what their belief says then it gives you enough reason to label people "terrorists against regime", kill'em away... There is one thing will never change is that no economic growth or no military might will stop china to follow the civilized world from a couple of milleniums back.

So you decide who is rational and who is not? Not everybody will tell what you want to hear. This is just an example that chinese education system produces more people as just same mentality as their regime. I will keep telling truth like it or not, all you can do is to ban me here as you guys restricted fasting for students and officials..
The civilized world has any thing to do with Turkey? Regardless of education or the economy,we have a far better record to treate thnic minorities than your Turkey when you use gas to deal with the Kurds.

Incidentally,any Forum has its own rules,it is not a good excuse to cover up your Turkey the hypocritical and ridiculous.Put your crocodile tears.To you,Uighurs just one available tool,you have no real knowledge and understanding for the Uighurs.In this forum,I confirm it.

Mixing doesnt prove someone is an invader.......
Also Turkic people are nearer to each other because most have the same religion and can understand each other to some degree.
So it isnt a fantasy that Turks and Uyghurs see each others as brothers.
And at last Turkic empires always fought against each other (I think you Han will remember how many Civil wars you guys had) so it really doesnt matter that they at the time didnt consider themselves as Turks (just like the Avars/Khazars and Pecheneg who are still Turkic)
"Mixing doesnt prove someone is an invader.........."?
So,you support We mixing uighurs,Just like the Uighur mixing Tokharians?

Then why do you "turkic" say we are the invaders?

You stand in the "Turks" side, have you stood in the Greek Kurdish Tocharian position issue?

Civil war? The Turks, civil war?
You as a modern Turkic people, not representative of the ancient Turks and the Uighurs to answer questions. Because you have inherited Turkic origin, not even higher than some of our local people.
The key is what kind of nation is Turkic people? The Turks are white or yellow, you make it clear then to discuss.
In your eyes, almost all of Eurasia nomads are Turks.

again,, according to your opinion, the South African Indian New Zealand people should be brother.。。。。

http://www.economist.com/news/china...will-not-bring-stability-xinjiang-tongue-tied

Education in Xinjiang
Tongue-tied
Teaching Uighur children in Mandarin will not bring stability to Xinjiang
Jun 27th 2015 | SHUFU COUNTY, KASHGAR | From the print edition
20150627_CNP001_0.jpg

“I CAN speak Chinese, I’m so awesome!” reads a sign on the wall of the Mingde primary school in Shufu, a town near the oasis city of Kashgar in the far western province of Xinjiang. Nearby, children’s artworks hang beneath another banner which proclaims: “The motherland is in my heart.” Though every pupil at the school is Uighur, one of China’s ethnic minority peoples, most lessons here are taught in Mandarin—a very different language from their Turkic one. It is the same at ever more schools across the region. Educating young Uighurs in Mandarin may one day help them find work—but it is also a means by which the government hopes to subdue Xinjiang and its many inhabitants who chafe at rule from Beijing.

Xinjiang began to fall under China’s control in the mid-18th century. It was then mainly populated by ethnic Uighurs, whose culture and Muslim faith set them apart from much of the rest of China; Kashgar is far closer to Kabul and Islamabad than it is to Beijing. Despite the migration into Xinjiang of Hans, China’s ethnic majority, minorities (mainly Uighurs) still make up 60% of its residents, compared with less than 10% in China overall.

For decades the region has been racked by a low-level insurgency by Uighurs against growing Han influence. In 2009 around 200 people died in ethnic clashes in Urumqi, the region’s capital. Security has since been ramped up—the police and army are ever-present—but last July tensions flared again when an estimated 100 people were killed near Kashgar following attacks on government buildings. Violence has spread beyond Xinjiang’s borders too, into China’s interior. In 2013 five people were killed when a car driven by Uighurs ploughed into pedestrians in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square and burst into flames. Last year 31 people died in a knife attack by Uighurs in the south-western city of Kunming, an incident described by state media as the country’s “9/11”. Eighteen people were reportedly killed on June 22nd in an attack by Uighurs armed with knives and bombs on a checkpoint in Kashgar.

As well as bulldozing dissent, the government has tried pouring in cash to boost Xinjiang’s economy. Yet Hans have disproportionately benefited from the resulting boom; minorities’ feelings of alienation and inequality have worsened. Hans and non-Hans in Xinjiang are growing further apart—some Hans are nervous about entering Uighur districts; Uighurs complain of harassment by the police. Officials are beginning to recognise that there is a social problem, as well as a security-related one. There is a renewed focus on breaking down ethnic barriers and promoting a shared national identity.

Mandarin-teaching for Uighurs is seen as a tool to achieve these goals. Since 2011 officials in the region have been promoting what they call “bilingual education”. By this they mean that most instruction is to be in Mandarin. Ever more schools are moving towards using Chinese only, with the exception of a few hours of classes each week in Uighur literature. President Xi Jinping emphasises this policy as a way to fight terrorism. Last year he described better education as “essential” to the region’s long-term stability. Schools such as Mingde, with its troops of Uighur children wearing the red ties of the Young Pioneers, a junior branch of the Communist Party, embody the government’s great hope.

The government’s desire to boost Mandarin-speaking ability is reasonable: few Uighurs speak fluent, or even passable, Chinese. Mastering the language should open up opportunities for Uighur children and improve their job prospects (in 2010, 83% of all Uighurs were farmers). Bringing Han and Uighur children into the same classroom, as some urban schools are at last trying to do, should help too.

But the authorities risk arousing complaints that Uighur culture is being marginalised. Even before Xinjiang’s ethnic troubles intensified in 2009, schools conformed to Han norms. Recently bans have been made stricter on the observance of fasting rituals during the month of Ramadan. Few Han children in Xinjiang are taught minority languages.

Our culture, not yours

The Xinjiang curriculum is about learning to be Chinese. Schools prize “patriotic education” even more than others in China. At Mingde the Chinese flag hangs at the front of each classroom between laminated photos of the late leaders Mao Zedong and Deng Xiaoping. A kindergarten in Kasghar features a wall poster declaring: “I am Chinese. Beijing is my country’s capital, I love China. I love the motherland, I love the Great Wall. I love my father, mother, teacher, classmates, but most of all I love my motherland.”

Around two-thirds of minority children now receive Mandarin-language instruction. But educational quality is suffering. Not enough Uighurs speak sufficient Mandarin to teach in it; those who do want better-paid jobs than teaching. It is hard to attract Han teachers to a poor, volatile region. The government is pumping money into the recruitment effort, but it says Xinjiang still needs 30,000 more teachers who can speak both Mandarin and a local language. Uighur-speaking parents can rarely help their children with school work and many pupils have no chance to practise the Mandarin they acquire. Even in a model school like Mingde, staff admit that children speak only Uighur outside class. Many six-year-olds cannot understand basic questions in Chinese. Other skills suffer, too: children typically learn English via Mandarin, for example, even though English and Uighur—unlike Chinese—both use alphabetical scripts.

Some older Uighurs view such instruction as an erosion of their culture. Reza Hasmath of Oxford University says they may therefore either fail to support their children’s education or actively resist it (some send their children to illegal religious schools). Despite this—and unlike in Tibet—there have been few reports of public protests against Mandarin-medium teaching. This is probably because other issues, such as the banning of Muslim veils, have raised more hackles, and possibly because some incidents go unreported.

In other parts of China, such as Hong Kong and Shanghai, where Mandarin is not the native tongue, learning the national language does indeed open doors. But in Xinjiang even many Uighurs who speak fluent Mandarin find it hard to get ahead, partly because of racial prejudice. Highly educated Uighurs tend to earn less than their Han equivalents, says Mr Hasmath. Attempts by the Chinese government to promote knowledge of Mandarin and Chinese culture in Xinjiang may generate more problems than they solve.
LOL U TEACH urdu to all ethnicities !

Man you are amazing.. I wish I knew you before but I think a lilbit retarded no offence :laughcry:
That's all you have found? One jewish blog and E-Kurd kurdish website?

Now I could provide you dozens of article, news, links about chinese oppression against Uyghurs from more reliable sources but no need, you already will call it false western news etc and will not waste my time for obvious things.

Now Kurds are being represented by the 60 from Kurdish party in the Parliament. They have more rights than anyone else if not equal. We had Kurdish president, high-ranked generals and officials, diplomats etc. We talk againg when you reach that level of democracy and an advice for you... don't talk about things that you have no clue.. ;)

Man you are amazing.. I wish I knew you before but I think a lilbit retarded no offence :laughcry:
That's all you have found? One jewish blog and E-Kurd kurdish website?

Now I could provide you dozens of article, news, links about chinese oppression against Uyghurs from more reliable sources but no need, you already will call it false western news etc and will not waste my time for obvious things.

Now Kurds are being represented by the 60 from Kurdish party in the Parliament. They have more rights than anyone else if not equal. We had Kurdish president, high-ranked generals and officials, diplomats etc. We talk againg when you reach that level of democracy and an advice for you... don't talk about things that you have no clue.. ;)
Well, if there is no misunderstanding, you mean you don't believe in any Western media about China oppression Uygur, right? Although,your change is faster , but I still have to say,it was a good place to start.

1, like a previous post, the Kurds can be educated in their ownlanguage for the first,like the Uighurs learn their own language first, then to learn Mandarin?

2, the Kurds can get the privileges of education,such as a huge plus in the higher test, like China?

3,poor Kurdish people get lots offinancial subsidies, like the Chinese Government to offer the Uighurs?

Can you answer these questions above , please?

Last edited:
1, like a previous post, the Kurds can be educated in their ownlanguage for the first,like the Uighurs learn their own language first and to learn Mandarin?

2, the Kurds can get the privileges of education,such as a huge plus in the highertest,like China?

3,poor Kurdish people get lots offinancial subsidies, like the Chinese Government to offer the Uighurs?

Can you answer these three questions, please?

1- They learn Kurdish ofcourse from family, in state schools lessons are taught Turkish since its the official language. Last year some schools are opened with whole Kurdish education, also there are university departments are opened which anybody can learn Kurdish.

2- Education right is equal for any citizen of Turkey be it Laz, Kurd, Türk or any other minorities.. That's how it should be. Because every citizen in Turkey have EQUAL rights.

3- More than you can imagine...

As you see china is from stone age when it comes to minority rights. I could ask plenty of questions to you which I already know the answers. But take this simple one.

Can any Uyghur fast in Ramadan?

1- They learn Kurdish ofcourse from family, in state schools lessons are taught Turkish since its the official language. Last year some schools are opened with whole Kurdish education, also there are university departments are opened which anybody can learn Kurdish.

2- Education right is equal for any citizen of Turkey be it Laz, Kurd, Türk or any other minorities.. That's how it should be. Because every citizen in Turkey have EQUAL rights.

As you see china is from stone age when it comes to minority rights. I could ask plenty of questions to you which I already know the answers. But take this simple one.

Dont waste you time bro,they are all progammed to repeat the same thing again and again.

"Mixing doesnt prove someone is an invader.........."?
So,you support We mixing uighurs,Just like the Uighur mixing Tokharians?

Then why do you "turkic" say we are the invaders?

You stand in the "Turks" side, have you stood in the Greek Kurdish Tocharian position issue?

Civil war? The Turks, civil war?
You as a modern Turkic people, not representative of the ancient Turks and the Uighurs to answer questions. Because you have inherited Turkic origin, not even higher than some of our local people.
The key is what kind of nation is Turkic people? The Turks are white or yellow, you make it clear then to discuss.
In your eyes, almost all of Eurasia nomads are Turks.

again,, according to your opinion, the South African Indian New Zealand people should be brother.。。。。
Everyone who speaks a Turkic language and identifies as a Turkic is Turkic.
The Turkic people were always a mix between Caucasoid and Mongoloid.
There is not a single proof that shows that Turkics were genetically the same as for example Mongolians(who are neihbours and also steppe people)

So our brothers and sisters could got more jobs, it's good. Actually, the north of Xinjiang is more developed than south. I expect more projects can be built in the south. The development of infrastructures of south Xinjiang will also contribute to CPEC.

Come on, our fellow countrymen, you face the opportunity and you should grasp it and bent down and work hard now!

When you say that the stone age,at least you need more advanced than they, otherwise, you just proved yourTurkey was far more conservative than the stone age, right?

1,if it's not a lie, please explain what content from the connection. BTW, Uighurs have to learn their own language in the basic curriculum,rather than any specific course, since 1949.

Turkey rules out education in Kurdish at schools - People's Daily Online

Politics strain Turkey's first Kurdish-language institute - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East#

2,Then,China's education system is more advantageous to minorities,because we provide special resources for ethnic minorities,including the Uighurs.Your so-calledequality in nameonly, in fact,because the minority disadvantage is usually at a disadvantage,if it does not have a preferential measures.

3, can you be more detailed,or do you give a few examples?

Answer your question,any Uighurs to participate in religious activities,only a few people in certain religious activities are restricted,if he were party members,civil servants,as well as 16 years of age.

It conforms to China's national conditions , and it is a good measure to prevent externalrisks. In today's society,as far as I know,even in some Muslim countries,they also have some limitations, there is no absolute freedom.

Last edited:
We are living in 21st century dude, news travels faster than light, we all know how china oppressive towards Uyghurs, how can you restrict officials or students btw? Who the hell you are telling people what they should do or not about belief all you should do is to respect it. But hell no, great china can decide when and how people should worship. When they do what their belief says then it gives you enough reason to label people "terrorists against regime", kill'em away... There is one thing will never change is that no economic growth or no military might will stop china to follow the civilized world from a couple of milleniums back.

So you decide who is rational and who is not? Not everybody will tell what you want to hear. This is just an example that chinese education system produces more people as just same mentality as their regime. I will keep telling truth like it or not, all you can do is to ban me here as you guys restricted fasting for students and officials..

Indeed we are in the 21st century.

Read up a little on Chinese History from say, 1840 - 1949 and see why China will not let ANY people fcuk around inside CHINESE territory. Never again.

Give an inch and the barbarians will take a mile. You dont like the rule in China? Too bad. Wolves howling at a dragon.

Your audacity to lecture China on being civilized only reveals your ignorance and foolish dumb arsery. Do you expect Ughyurs who break the law in China be subject to Turkish law and kebab protocols?

Back
Top Bottom