What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

WS-18, clone of Russia D30KP2 with higher spec like thrust and lifespan but the thrust will still be lower than WS-20.

Any source for this ??

As far as I know testing for the WS-18 was just begun on the former KJ-2000 prototype on 29. October 2014 ... so I can't think that testing is already finished or even full production is initiated.

Deino

Any source for this ??

As far as I know testing for the WS-18 was just begun on the former KJ-2000 prototype on 29. October 2014 ... so I can't think that testing is already finished or even full production is initiated.

Deino
You do not know Chinese that is why you do not know lots of things. A lot of sources come from Chinese side or pictures with banner describing what is happening.

But if you do not believe, end of year you will see what operational Y-20 flies with. Definitely not WS-20.

You do not know Chinese that is why you do not know lots of things. A lot of sources come from Chinese side or pictures with banner describing what is happening.

But if you do not believe, end of year you will see what operational Y-20 flies with. Definitely not WS-20.

Once again a typical beast-answer ! Instead of simply giving me my answer or a source You again blame me not to know or understand China , blablabla ...

Well done.

Deino

Once again a typical beast-answer ! Instead of simply giving me my answer or a source You again blame me not to know or understand China , blablabla ...

Well done.

Deino

I will mark this quote and you will eat your bl-adding at end of this year. You white man can never grasp what Chinese is doing.

photo-of-all-those-involved-in-new-engine-test (1).png

I will never translate what those Chinese words talking about for you. Only for Chinese :D

And I will give You a warning due to trolling instead of discussing !

So either You change or arrogance or I will ban You ... any more questions ?

Deino

And I will give You a warning due to trolling instead of discussing !

So either You change or arrogance or I will ban You ... any more questions ?

Deino
You are abusing power for this thread. You yourself admit the test is held at oct 2014. That is almost 1 year ago. Why not WS-18 not be ready by end of these year for operation? From the Chinese forum talk, WS-18 is going very smoothly. It is not surprising since its design is utilizing a very mature DK30 origin. Why would you believe it needs extensive testing?

The recent launch of 6th Y-20 pt more or less shows Y-20 is going very well and operation can be expected end of year.

1. If I or anyone else asks You a question and if don't have an answer: shut up ... but do not provoke & troll around to know it better, to tell others stupid since they are not Chinese, period !

2. this reported 6. Y-20 is - at least following several reports (I know for You these are not sources but simply stupid non-Chinese foreigners) - most likely a false-report of only another flight of aircraft no. 5 ... also there are - again following several reports I have - probably not really 5 aircraft but only 4 since - similar to J-20 no. 2014 the number 20004 was omitted due to linguistic reasons. Otherwise, YES, these are rumours, but as likely rumours of havain in fact 6 aircraft flying, since they were also mentioned without an official or even semi-official report.

Have a nice day,
Deino

Agreed.

Talk with figures and facts, not "I guess that..." or "I suppose that..." or "Why not...", in which case it is not a discussion, but purely assumption.

I have only 2 official news that I guested are around WS-18

An article from AVIC by January 9th 2015, showing a picture with mention that "First flight sucessful"

nyB6KXE.jpg

And an article from CANews by April 7th 2015, detailing an on-ground engine test for engine n°1, 2 et 4 in Xi'an.

eNHewCI.jpg

I'm not refusing information coming from insiders, some of them are relevant and proven. But this should be completed by official release, and on this particular point, I agree with Beast that it is not easy for non chinese speaker. However this should not be the reason to say "you do not know lots of thing". If you have solid source, share it, otherwise, let's discuss together.

Henri K.

I will mark this quote and you will eat your bl-adding at end of this year. You white man can never grasp what Chinese is doing.

View attachment 239935

I will never translate what those Chinese words talking about for you. Only for Chinese :D
WS-20 engine for Y-20, that looks testing success. The left engine is domestic WS-20 in the pic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom