What's new

Yamaha investment in Pakistan in jeopardy

really sad news for bike lovers in pakistan. yamaha really has very good bikes like R1, fazer, fz to offer. and if locally produced this bikes will definately cost less than when imported.

Pakistan should welcome this investment. It will bring cut throat competition... Before even India didn't have local bikes, but now after facing competition from foreign technology and partnering wit them many locals have started good bike business..

really sad news for bike lovers in pakistan. yamaha really has very good bikes like R1, fazer, fz to offer. and if locally produced this bikes will definately cost less than when imported.

The bikes you mentioned would be a bit more expensive for Pakistani market, for Honda already has a big market share for the smaller 70cc and 125 cc bikes.

But YAMAHA is nonetheless a great name!

The bikes you mentioned would be a bit more expensive for Pakistani market, for Honda already has a big market share for the smaller 70cc and 125 cc bikes.

But YAMAHA is nonetheless a great name!

i mentioned those bikes maybe because i see mostly this bikes in INDIA.
but still logic remains the same that locally produced same bike would cost less than imported one.
and if yamaha already has production unit in pakistan then why is it having any prob according this news?

its the expansion that is having some stumbling blocks.

I love yamaha
and the company will business a lot moe if it introduces bike having less fuel consumption
i.e
their 100 cc 4 stroke bike is giving about 40 - 45 km per litr
if they manage to increase that millage
their product will market a lot

which bike in Pakistan has maximum millage in 125cc and 150cc category ?(i.e what all brand u have in this category)

I love yamaha
and the company will business a lot moe if it introduces bike having less fuel consumption
i.e
their 100 cc 4 stroke bike is giving about 40 - 45 km per litr
if they manage to increase that millage
their product will market a lot

In India, the 125 segment caters to the commuter class who are interested in comfort, mileage, and cost. Hero Honda Splendor is one of the most popular bikes in this category, it gives around 70 kmpl in daily city usage. More powerful motorcycles like Bajaj Pulsar 135, which is like a hybrid between the 125 and 150 cc segments, gives a performance of 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and fuel efficiency of 60 KMPL.

The 150 cc bikes which are even better on performance and looks give an average of 45-60 KMPL and the 220 cc Pulsar which is currently the fastest Indian made bike gives 40 kmpl (which is the same as what you're claiming Yamaha's 100cc to give.)

Some Yamaha made Indian bikes :

yamaha-fazer-150.jpg

Yamaha FZ16 (150 cc)

3698415747_fee1a45f9b.jpg

Yamaha Fazer (150 cc)

yamahayzf-r15_site_011.jpg

Yamaha R15 (150 cc)

FZ16 and Fazer both fall in between INR 60,000 - 80,000, and other bikes like the 125 cc Yamaha Gladiator and 150 cc Yamaha SZ-R costs downwards of 50,000. I think the costs could be brought further down with subsidies and local manufacture in Pakistan. To my knowledge Yamaha is one of the best companies in India when it comes to quality.

Back
Top Bottom