What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

Kiss of the dragon is right, this a poor effort of the military industrial complex. PLA needs to upgrade the Ground forces Avation capability. No Chinese equavilant to UH-60, CH-47 or even a AH-64

I don't think an equivalent to a Chinook is really needed at the moment as we have AC313 for troop transportation. Alternative choppers for UH-60 and Apache is desirable, even the Russians have an awesome attack helicopter Mi-28

It most probably is for scouting purposes. Just like what the Kiowa platform does in the US Army.

For the purpose of scouting Z-11WA/J Variants are used.

Let me add for forum members, I found this Chinese unidentified Helicopter, an interesting find.

kt2ft.jpg

For the purpose of scouting Z-11WA/J Variants are used.

Let me add for forum members, I found this Chinese unidentified Helicopter, an interesting find.

kt2ft.jpg

Z-11 is the current platform, which is basically a transport platform changed into an armed one as stop gap measure.

Future platform are gonna be WZ-10 (dedicated armed helicopter) & WZ-19 (light armed scout helicopter)

And the pic you are referring to is a photo shopped picture of a during testing AC 313 transport helicopter. Nothing original.

Z-11 is the current platform, which is basically a transport platform changed into an armed one as stop gap measure.

Future platform are gonna be WZ-10 (dedicated armed helicopter) & WZ-19 (light armed scout helicopter)

And the pic you are referring to is a photo shopped picture of a during testing AC 313 transport helicopter. Nothing original.

I did mention Z-11 Variant is being used as scout. China is operating multiple Variants of Z-9/Z-11 in certain different roles. In Future Z-10/Z-19 with have their own dedicated Role obviously.

Z-11 will run side by side in variants from scout platform to surveillance recon ground attack. Since Z-11 are less Expensive to deploy with certain functions-capabilities, Z-11s are more expendable fleet and less expensive to operate/deploy. Highly doubt if the platform would be replaced it would run side by side with other Fleet of Gunships like Z-10/Z-19. Perhaps the replacement could be Z-9 variant but would still be more expensive that is $2-3M Z-11 against $10-12M.

Did not say it's original said interesting find an unidentified helo which obviously I didn't know is PS.

So you want to dismantle your entire military infrastructure meant for AH-1s just on the probability that you may be sanctioned?

Your Army is used to the AH-1s for years.

How will Zardari justify the cost to dismantle the maintenance, supply, spares infrastructure, the cost to re-setup everything of a new gunship, train those already experienced pilots afresh in a new platform etc?

If he says that there MAY be a sanction possible, then your opposition will murder him for just that word "may".

Why not?

I remember a while back i was watching a English interview of Musharraf in which he mentioned that pre-2001 American arms embargo up upliftment, PA only had one attack chopper in operable condition, most probably because the rest were cannibalized.

If we can operate JF-17 along with F-16 then why does it not make sense that we can operate another platform alongside the AH-1's? Who said we are going to ditch the AH-1's all together and replace them with a new system?

Just for my information, is there any plan from Pak MoD to get a bigger ship for force projection use, like the new 20000t class LHD dedicated for exportation?

After the 8th Army Aviation Brigade,the 2nd also gets the Z-19::coffee:

26_199197_b08d84450261699.jpg

Why not?

I remember a while back i was watching a English interview of Musharraf in which he mentioned that pre-2001 American arms embargo up upliftment, PA only had one attack chopper in operable condition, most probably because the rest were cannibalized.

The geo-politics since Musharaf's era has long changed. If you're thinking that in today's condition US will sanction you, then you're wrong. Let's say you've got 5-6 years of time till a possible hypothetical sanction. I am sure that your engineers at PAC by now are enough aware to develop spares for the aircraft. I may be wrong of course.

If we can operate JF-17 along with F-16 then why does it not make sense that we can operate another platform alongside the AH-1's? Who said we are going to ditch the AH-1's all together and replace them with a new system?

The requirement of fixed wing assets in any air force is much higher than that of rotary wing. Operating multiple platforms costs a bomb even if individually these platforms may be cost effective. I tell this from our country's experience.

The AH-1s you use are ancient similar to the Hinds that we use. Even with upgrading them, you'll only have a few years at your hands. Which means that you have to look out for new batches of AH-1Z Vipers which are the latest editions of the gunship.

Back
Top Bottom