What's new

History of Sindhis

Bhuttos are locals and Baloch settled in sindh for centuries, forming dynasties and are proud Sindhis.
Bheels kohlis etc are not Sindhis but rajhisthani migrants who settled in Sindh.
Kia kahy banda. Khush raho jahan raho.

You don't consider Tharis as Sindhis? So if that is so, then by that you mean anyone who doesn't speak Sindhi is not a Sindhi, even if his ancestors were here before your ancestors?
Says a dude claiming Baloch and other Sindhis are not Sindhi despite ruling, living and dying for Sindh for centuries and living and trade with Sindh for thousands of years. But rajhistahani dalits who speak thar are Sindhi for him. Simply because he is an indian origin person with insecurities.

Language
Customs/traditions
Costume
Etc make an ethnic group.
Rajhisthani bheels kohlis etc dont follow any of the Sindhi traditions, language or even clothes.

Thari/Rajhisthani bheels etc
images.jpeg-59.jpg
images.jpeg-58.jpg

Sindhi
images.jpeg-60.jpg

Says a dude claiming Baloch and other Sindhis are not Sindhi despite ruling, living and dying for Sindh for centuries and living and trade with Sindh for thousands of years. But rajhistahani dalits who speak thar are Sindhi for him. Simply because he is an indian origin person with insecurities.

Language
Customs/traditions
Costume
Etc make an ethnic group.
Rajhisthani bheels kohlis etc dont follow any of the Sindhi traditions, language or even clothes.

Thari/Rajhisthani bheels etc
View attachment 817018View attachment 817019

Sindhi
View attachment 817017
I bet these non-sindhi kohlis have more ancient "Sindhi" DNA than the so called Sindhis. But as we strickly follow might is right rule in Pakistan and specially in Sindh, so yeah you are right.

I bet these non-sindhi kohlis have more ancient "Sindhi" DNA than the so called Sindhis. But as we strickly follow might is right rule in Pakistan and specially in Sindh, so yeah you are right.
Yeah everything runs on your bets and not actual DNA research, culture, anthropology, language or traditions.
Lmao rajhisthani dalits have more sindhi in them than actual Sindhis and you are the queen of england.

I have already refuted your attempt at disconnecting local populations with their ancient counterparts.

Bheels are a nomadic people native to the southern Aravalli range in West Central Indian. Some have migrated as far East as Bengal while some have migrated West into Gujarat and Eastern Sindh. They are genetically nothing alike the ancient populations of modern-day Pakistan.

Afghani niggas even claiming Sindhi topi as "kandhari cap".
After appropriating the Chitrali cap as pakool.
It's weird cause I always see them bitching about Pakistan "stealing" Afghan culture

Bhuttos are locals and Baloch settled in sindh for centuries, forming dynasties and are proud Sindhis.
Bheels kohlis etc are not Sindhis but rajhisthani migrants who settled in Sindh.

No they were nomads they used to come from Marwar and other regions as shepherds. And till date they speak distint thari language or dialect.

The ironic part of his "claims" is the fact that our friend @fitpOsitive is not even an urdu speaker but originally from haryana region.
Haryanvis are cross between Punjab and Hindustani culture
They can assimilate into both cultures easily
For example Inzamam is from haryana but no one would know if he doesn't tell you who he is, same with if he settles in Hindustani culture
He'll easily assimilate into that culture

I have already refuted your attempt at disconnecting local populations with their ancient counterparts.

Bheels are a nomadic people native to the southern Aravalli range in West Central Indian. Some have migrated as far East as Bengal while some have migrated West into Gujarat and Eastern Sindh. They are genetically nothing alike the ancient populations of modern-day Pakistan.
Mubarak hujjay. Hey TV tanwanh jo theo.... :lol:

Initial descriptions of Sindh by British diplomats and travelers from the 1800's when Sindh was still independent.

1645488143262.png

1645489060986.png

Physical description of Sindhi and Baloch locals during the early British occupation.

1645490231814.png

1645490670070.png

The Story of Sorath Rai Diyach

Sorath Rai Diyach (Sindhi: سورٺ راءِ ڏياچ) is one of the historical romantic tales from Sindh, Pakistan. The story also appears in Shah Jo Risalo and forms part of seven popular tragic romances from Sindh, Pakistan. The other six tales are Umar Marvi, Sassui Punnhun, Sohni Mehar, Lilan Chanesar, Noori Jam Tamachi and Momal Rano commonly known as the Seven Queens of Sindh, or the Seven heroines of Shah Abdul Latif Bhittai.

King Rai Diyach, ruler of Junagadh, had a childless sister. After many prayers, one saint finally blessed her and said she would have a son; however, this son was destined to kill her illustrious brother. “What use is a son if he is to cause the death of my brother?” thought the disappointed lady, but eventually, she did give birth. The saint reminded her of the prophecy, and steeling herself, she put the child in a basket and set it afloat in the river. The basket reached the kingdom of King Annirai, where a shepherd named Damo found it. Damo and his wife, who were childless, brought up the baby as their own, naming him Beejal (Water’s gift). Beejal grew up and became adept as grazing the family’s animals; he was also a master of musical instruments.

Meanwhile, a baby girl was also born to the ruler Annirai, who already had sixty daughters. So this unwanted child was put into a basket and set afloat, where she reached Rai Diyach’s kingdom. A potter named Ratno found the child, and brought her up, naming the girl Sorath.

Annirai heard of Sorath’s unmatched beauty, and approached the potter for the girl’s hand in marriage. The potter readily agreed. As the marriage procession made its way to Annirai, the ruler (Rai Diyach) learned of this and felt insulted that his subject, the potter, was marrying the girl to Annirai; instead, he forcibly married Sorath himself.

A humiliated Annirai attacked Junagadh, and while he was repulsed by the armies of Rai-Diyach, he issued a proclamation with a plateful of jewels – “Whoever brings me the head of Rai Diyach will be entitled to these gems”. Beejal’s wife was confident that her husband would succeed in this mission, but Beejal, a musician, refused to demean his art through such an ignoble deed. He had no option, however, because if he refused to do Annirai’s bidding, his whole family would be wiped off. So with a heavy heart he went to Junagadh and played his instrument through the night.

The entranced Rai Diyach was so enamoured that he granted him a wish, only to be told that Beejal would be satisfied only if he had the king’s head in a bag. The courtiers, and his own tearful Sorath, pleaded with him but Beejal was unmoved and the king kept his word. Before giving his head, he said:

“If I had millions of heads on my shoulder,
I would behead myself millions of times over,
That also be not measure to the ecstasy of your string!”

As Beejal took Rai Diyach’s head to Annirai, the king was horrified and banished him from the kingdom with the words: “For your avarice, if you could do this to Rai Diyach, what fate awaits me in your hands!” Beejal, filled with remorse, rushed back to Junagadh and flung himself into the pyre where Sorath was committing sati, thus paying with his life.

Rai Diyach, Sorath and Beejal had all perished; Beejal’s wife, who had been attracted by the jewels, was widowed and gave up everything to lead the life of a beggar.

This story tells of the generosity of Rai Diyach, the power of Beejal’s art, Sorath’s sacrifice and the avarice of a woman who wanted jewels without considering the price to be paid. It also speaks of the popularity of Rai Diyach and the love that the people of Junagadh showered upon him.

1646024699942.png

@sainthood101 @PakNationalist @PakSarZameen47 @Bleek @MultaniGuy @Talwar e Pakistan @DESERT FIGHTER @Desert Fox 1 @Muhammad Saftain Anjum @Mujahid Memon @CatSultan @fitpOsitive

Last edited:
The Story of Sorath Rai Diyach

Sorath Rai Diyach (Sindhi: سورٺ راءِ ڏياچ) is one of the historical romantic tales from Sindh, Pakistan. The story also appears in Shah Jo Risalo and forms part of seven popular tragic romances from Sindh, Pakistan. The other six tales are Umar Marvi, Sassui Punnhun, Sohni Mehar, Lilan Chanesar, Noori Jam Tamachi and Momal Rano commonly known as the Seven Queens of Sindh, or the Seven heroines of Shah Abdul Latif Bhittai.

King Rai Diyach, ruler of Junagadh, had a childless sister. After many prayers, one saint finally blessed her and said she would have a son; however, this son was destined to kill her illustrious brother. “What use is a son if he is to cause the death of my brother?” thought the disappointed lady, but eventually, she did give birth. The saint reminded her of the prophecy, and steeling herself, she put the child in a basket and set it afloat in the river. The basket reached the kingdom of King Annirai, where a shepherd named Damo found it. Damo and his wife, who were childless, brought up the baby as their own, naming him Beejal (Water’s gift). Beejal grew up and became adept as grazing the family’s animals; he was also a master of musical instruments.

Meanwhile, a baby girl was also born to the ruler Annirai, who already had sixty daughters. So this unwanted child was put into a basket and set afloat, where she reached Rai Diyach’s kingdom. A potter named Ratno found the child, and brought her up, naming the girl Sorath.

Annirai heard of Sorath’s unmatched beauty, and approached the potter for the girl’s hand in marriage. The potter readily agreed. As the marriage procession made its way to Annirai, the ruler (Rai Diyach) learned of this and felt insulted that his subject, the potter, was marrying the girl to Annirai; instead, he forcibly married Sorath himself.

A humiliated Annirai attacked Junagadh, and while he was repulsed by the armies of Rai-Diyach, he issued a proclamation with a plateful of jewels – “Whoever brings me the head of Rai Diyach will be entitled to these gems”. Beejal’s wife was confident that her husband would succeed in this mission, but Beejal, a musician, refused to demean his art through such an ignoble deed. He had no option, however, because if he refused to do Annirai’s bidding, his whole family would be wiped off. So with a heavy heart he went to Junagadh and played his instrument through the night.

The entranced Rai Diyach was so enamoured that he granted him a wish, only to be told that Beejal would be satisfied only if he had the king’s head in a bag. The courtiers, and his own tearful Sorath, pleaded with him but Beejal was unmoved and the king kept his word. Before giving his head, he said:

“If I had millions of heads on my shoulder,
I would behead myself millions of times over,
That also be not measure to the ecstasy of your string!”

As Beejal took Rai Diyach’s head to Annirai, the king was horrified and banished him from the kingdom with the words: “For your avarice, if you could do this to Rai Diyach, what fate awaits me in your hands!” Beejal, filled with remorse, rushed back to Junagadh and flung himself into the pyre where Sorath was committing sati, thus paying with his life.

Rai Diyach, Sorath and Beejal had all perished; Beejal’s wife, who had been attracted by the jewels, was widowed and gave up everything to lead the life of a beggar.

This story tells of the generosity of Rai Diyach, the power of Beejal’s art, Sorath’s sacrifice and the avarice of a woman who wanted jewels without considering the price to be paid. It also speaks of the popularity of Rai Diyach and the love that the people of Junagadh showered upon him.

View attachment 819444
@sainthood101 @PakNationalist @PakSarZameen47 @Bleek @MultaniGuy @Talwar e Pakistan @DESERT FIGHTER @Desert Fox 1 @Muhammad Saftain Anjum
Excellent.
Sassi Pannu, Sohni mahiwal were written by Hashim Shah or some other Sindhi poet? Because it seems to be found in both literatures.

Back
Top Bottom