What's new

Pakistan to develop 'advanced MLRS'

They'll rename A-100E and shove it down our throats. That's HIT for you. No genuine R&D, just rebranding of locally produced imported technology.
Than it's better we get something from China or some where else
hqdefault.jpg

norinco_ar3.jpg

8cfe67f9.jpg

these sort of systems suits well to naval requirements & as we know in past PN tested some foreign VTOL system (right now forgetting the name of the system) so I expect this system will become part of PN

yaap form ships or from land ...

Check video at exactly 8:03, you will see a quad copter model which may be referred as the VTOL scout project in the document you guys are referring.

Bro, it is an APU, meant for small maneuvering and that is it! It will be towed to the area of operating and is not self-propelled category but remains a towed artillery equipment. :) It is not deployed to the area on its own.
Without doubt weight was is an issue but I think other then that it is a solid piece of Artillery.
RUMORS are that SIPRI was wrong about this. Some 12 were originally brought from Turkey but PA was not satisfied with its performance and the follow up 60 that were to be made by HIT were not pursued.
Bro still if we would have taken weight reduction measures, on our own like use of Aluminum and Titanium but sadly our metallurgical capabilities are under developed.

Check video at exactly 8:03, you will see a quad copter model which may be referred as the VTOL scout project in the document you guys are referring.
Yeah nice observation, I was thinking about it to the word SCOUT really makes things clear.

Ministry of Defence Production reports in its Year Book 2015-16 that DGMP has signed a project for 'Indigenous development of advanced MLRS'.

Another project signed includes the indigenous development & production of MLRS Rockets.

MLRS.png

Pakistan already developed MLRS very long back (KRL 122) and then we purchase A100 also from China with complete TOT. So we have experience plus tot from China as well

Without doubt weight was is an issue but I think other then that it is a solid piece of Artillery.

Bro still if we would have taken weight reduction measures, on our own like use of Aluminum and Titanium but sadly our metallurgical capabilities are under developed.
Well it would have been a daunting task. There are a limited few components where WE can use aluminium or titanium as an alternative (also note that they would be massively expensive) and therefore 18 tons was a very high starting weight. If it was 10-12 tons may be we could have brought it down by a ton or two to make it workable. 18 is too much.

Also weight was not the only issue. Weight was known before we decided to buy 12 and make 60 more. There were surely performance issues that were uncovered one the first examples were used. Anyway, it is one of those stories of incompetence and most probably, kickbacks (or political favors)

Turkey's Roketsan is offering its TR-122 and TRG-122 (guided) MLRS (link).

turkey‘s MRLS technology is from china which one has been rejected by PLA and export to turkey with TOT in 1997.
but i think this is the last tot turkey can get from china

Last edited:
Well it would have been a daunting task. There are a limited few components where WE can use aluminium or titanium as an alternative (also note that they would be massively expensive) and therefore 18 tons was a very high starting weight. If it was 10-12 tons may be we could have brought it down by a ton or two to make it workable. 18 is too much.

Also weight was not the only issue. Weight was known before we decided to buy 12 and make 60 more. There were surely performance issues that were uncovered one the first examples were used. Anyway, it is one of those stories of incompetence and most probably, kickbacks (or political favors)
Agreed but I think,for us developing an Artillery gun is not issue.
Just determination is needed.

Agreed but I think,for us developing an Artillery gun is not issue.
Just determination is needed.
And requirment/numbers (which is there)

I will love if our future tank oroject is developed along the lines of Russian Armata universal combat platform which can for the bases of a self propelled howitzer, an APC and IFV along with recover and support vehicles. Unfortunately there are no indications of any such project as of now.

turkey‘s MRLS technology is from china which one has been rejected by PLA and export to turkey with TOT in 1997.
but i think this is the last tot turkey can get from china
Pakistan has the same rocket technology, the interest (if any) probably has to do with guidance, fire control systems, etc.

Back
Top Bottom