What's new

Biker's Lounge

the new models launched are way ahead of honda quality wise.
i hope the competition increases and Honda launches new models like CBF 125.

Majority of the people aren't bothered with top speed, and if top speed in the concern, i will personally go for Kawasaki GTO 110/125 or Yamaha RX115, renovate it and zooooooom.

After you hit 80 the *New* Yamaha will start missing .... You can ask anyone who owns it :)

Why does Honda and Yamaha still launches these old models?
I mean they have moved on to sporty looking bikes in India many years back.
So why not same in Pakistan?
Lack of demand ? or cost issue? what exactly ??
Its cuz of the monopoly of Smaller Pakistani ventures that offer crap bikes for cheap rates making it hard for better but more expensive bikes to gain foothold since for them to start local production they would require good sales at the start.

I have a Suzuki 150 and I used to think that its the only Bike here n Pakistan worth riding,
11787251_710653882374577_790514359_n.jpg

all the remaining are 1970's crap with no change what so ever, be it design or technology, but this Yamaha Bike has really impressed me, its like Fresh Air in a Market that hasnt seen anything good for over 4 decades,

Its direct competitor is Honda 125 that has neither a better mileage or better looks as compared to Yamaha 125,
even my suzuki 150 gives me milegae above 40 KMs

i firmly believe that Yamaha will soon Take over the High End Bikes Market with its better bikes,

either Atlas Honda needs to improve its 125 or they have to say Goodbye to their 40 years of monopoly.

Glad to see the real YAMAHA rocking in pakistan.

Motor cycle needs to be banned in favour of Buses , taking out 200,000 motor bikes from cities would help reduce dependence on petrol

Suzuki 150 is way better then these bikes, new Yamaha 125 body is too weak for roads of karachi

After you hit 80 the *New* Yamaha will start missing .... You can ask anyone who owns it :)

No way! You're probably not giving it the fifth gear. A lot of people are not used to having five gears and even fewer are used to the 1-N-2-3-4-5 gear assembly. It takes some getting used to but if you got the hang of it and your engine has passed its breaking in period with care, the YBR can really rev up.

No way! You're probably not giving it the fifth gear. A lot of people are not used to having five gears and even fewer are used to the 1-N-2-3-4-5 gear assembly. It takes some getting used to but if you got the hang of it and your engine has passed its breaking in period with care, the YBR can really rev up.

Or if the fuel is bad or the spark plug is dirty (very common) or if the timing and/or the fuel mixture is not properly adjusted (common) or if the valves are out of adjustment (rarely).

Or if the fuel is bad or the spark plug is dirty (very common) or if the timing and/or the fuel mixture is not properly adjusted (common) or if the valves are out of adjustment (rarely).

Those aren't the types of problems you would usually encounter in a brand new bike, though relevant all the same.

It depends on the final quality control checks, Sir.

True, it could be a problem when the local brands are concerned but Honda and Yamaha have their quality checks down to a tee. Even when they sell you the bike, it undergoes a final checklist before it rolls out of the dealership.

True, it could be a problem when the local brands are concerned but Honda and Yamaha have their quality checks down to a tee. Even when they sell you the bike, it undergoes a final checklist before it rolls out of the dealership.

Yes, but no bike should miss at any speed if it is set up properly.

Within four months of the opening of their new factory and roll-out of its first model YBR-125, Yamaha Motor Pakistan launched their second Model YBR-125-G, targeting bike lovers who love to go have fun on the road and seek adventure going off the road.

This is still low end. The Japanese are wreaking serious profit from the Pakistani market due to their dominance and not providing nicer, more upgraded bikes. As the economy gets better, more companies will enter Pakistan and Japan will be forced to show up with good models like 450's, 500's and 600's. But the economy has to grow steadily so people can afford them. Same for cars. But in cars, the Japanese are just fooling Pakistani public. Charging the same for a car like what you pay in the US. But minus 80% of the advanced features we get in the US. So they make a ton more due to their dominance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom