What's new

MRTP-33 Fast Attack Boats

I think they'll ultimately arm with one of Turkey's AShMs, e.g., Atmaca or the MRASM.

In fact, if you think about it, the PN has (or will soon have) a deficiency of lightweight AShMs. I don't think the RAS-72's hardpoints have the weight clearance to support the C-802. I wouldn't be surprised if the new LRMPA deals with similar constraints. Likewise for new helicopters.

I wonder if there's a way to buy the Turkish MRASM on a turnkey basis, i.e., seeker, turbojet engine, missile, etc, everything. If not, we can at least look at developing something similar.
As per RAS, the Sea Eagle can carry AShm which turn engines on after being dropped from the aircraft (like the Penguin MK2) and not directly from the wing.

As per RAS, the Sea Eagle can carry AShm which turn engines on after being dropped from the aircraft (like the Penguin MK2) and not directly from the wing.
Yea, but the Penguin Mk2 is still lighter than the C-802/Atmaca.

I think Turkey's MRASM is meant to fill-in the role of the Penguin Mk2 onboard MPA, LRMPA, small FACs, and ASW helicopters. It's definitely a worthwhile project as it can double as a small LACM too, one that fighters and ground vehicles can carry. Lots of applications.

Yea, but the Penguin Mk2 is still lighter than the C-802/Atmaca.

I think Turkey's MRASM is meant to fill-in the role of the Penguin Mk2 onboard MPA, LRMPA, small FACs, and ASW helicopters. It's definitely a worthwhile project as it can double as a small LACM too, one that fighters and ground vehicles can carry. Lots of applications.

In fact, without buying a new mrtp, MRASM can be integrated as you said in the section where there is STAMP (Weapon Tower). In the future, Roketsan's product or MBDA Marta - ER may be a good option.

b5b52d88cpm.jpg

CnQjlLGWIAAAnxn.jpg

I think they'll ultimately arm with one of Turkey's AShMs, e.g., Atmaca or the MRASM.

In fact, if you think about it, the PN has (or will soon have) a deficiency of lightweight AShMs. I don't think the RAS-72's hardpoints have the weight clearance to support the C-802. I wouldn't be surprised if the new LRMPA deals with similar constraints. Likewise for new helicopters.

I wonder if there's a way to buy the Turkish MRASM on a turnkey basis, i.e., seeker, turbojet engine, missile, etc, everything. If not, we can at least look at developing something similar.

I think Turkey will reveal a new AShM. When MRAShM was revealed, Many of us supposed that It was the “Temren” ASM but I suppose MRAShM is not Temren. Temren will be based on UMTAS ATGM, not Atmaca and will be effective on up to 30-40km ranges that will be similar in role with Spike NLOS and SeaVenom missiles.

Perhaps the ATMACA could be used if Harpoons can't be found.

what is the current role of MRTP 33s in Pak inventory? a patrol boat?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom