What's new

MRTP-33 Fast Attack Boats

How are this MRTP-33 compare with Super Dvora Mk III class patrol boat which operated by Indian navy ?

ULLA ----but they do carry AGM-114 Hellfire (Surface-to-surface type)

Why not GoP transfer the Pakistan Coast Guards to Pakistan Navy as I am 100% sure that PN could better handle it. Also Regular Pakistan Navy Men should be fielded in Pakistan Coast Guards and Pakistan Marine Corps. on regular timely basis rather than hiring them separatley.

This will going to enhance the operational capability and availability of trained personal by good numbers.

But I would say that PN budget should be increased to at least $1.6-1.9 Billions on annual basis.

The Mrtp are equiped with Harpoon missiles and the super dupa israeli MK-III not !

The smaller predecessor 45 ton Dvora craft could carry Gabriel missiles. The yet smaller and older Dabur class carrierd 324mm torpedotubes for lightweight torps. There is nothing that prevents the installation of 4 Harpoon on a Super Dvora 3, which is designed to incorporate advanced, stabilized, accurate marine arsenal and sensors. Taken as a whole, vessel displacement varies from 58 to 72 tons depending on the operation package (I suppose 14 tons of slack allows installation of 4 Harpoon: 4x 700kg for the missiles plus some marging for one or two launch racks and an onboard console.). It is not rocket science.

Size is often not the limiting factor. e.g. Egypt placed 2x Otomat on 82 ton modernized Hegu/Komar class FACs
October-class missile boat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Israel Aerospace Industries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To fully utilize the capabilities of Harpoon, both MRTP-33 and Super Dvora would need external targeting information anyway their radars and mast height being insufficient to provide full range radar coverage.

Pakistani brothers what happenned of your mrtp33s, have you integrated stabilized gun and missile launcher? I havent seen any new photos of Pakistani mrtps in last years...

Last edited:
mrtp33.jpg

mrtp331.jpg

mrtp332.jpg

thank you for your effort dear mate actually i know these photos, so i was only wondering what happenned that harpoon launcher and Stabilized gun? because there was some problems in the past with permissions...

regards.

the plan was to buy a total of 8 MRTP's but once again resource constraints dont allow to proceed further than we got.

Guys how good are these mrtp compared to the latest french compatant thanks.

Also what is the means of defense point for these small boat you know in the gulf war the british lynox massacared the iraqi of the same size boats osa the Russians ones if you know that so what is the anti- aircraft that these boat use thanks.

2+2 MRTP 15 and 33
6 more MRTP-33 were planned but with the FMS sales of the GR Cutters, i doubt that there will be further inductions of the MRTP.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom