What's new

MRTP-33 Fast Attack Boats

2+2 MRTP 15 and 33
6 more MRTP-33 were planned but with the FMS sales of the GR Cutters, i doubt that there will be further inductions of the MRTP.
Why not PN sell their 2+2 MRTP 15 and MRTP-33 to Egypt and gives more order for GR Cutters or get license to produce about 30 locally.

Karrar-MRTP.jpg

fatman17 did you notice that all the PAKISTANI MRTP-33 are not equipped with the main gun, I miss this gun on all pictures ! Why it was never installed ?

I am talking about the combined 30mm gun and the two 12.7mm machine guns.

check this link

Pakistan Navy [Photo Gallery]
The navy for some weird reason has not been able to define a clear role for this platform - missile boat or patrol boat or both.

2+2 MRTP 15 and 33
6 more MRTP-33 were planned but with the FMS sales of the GR Cutters, i doubt that there will be further inductions of the MRTP.

Bro, As far as I know, MRTP-15 is no longer offered to markets by Yonca-Onuk JV. At present, It is Super-16 and MRTP-20/22/24 boats at small class and (MRTP-29 is also retired by Onuk) MRTP-33/34/42 on medium class boats are offered to friend countries.

34 is ordered by Qatar, Georgia,
Super-16 is ordered by UAE and Malaysia
20 is ordered by Egypt and Georgia

MRTP-Super 16 constructed by Malaysian shipyard.

IMG_1445.JPG
byomarineonukmrtp16fast.jpg

UAE Super 16
baemrtp116imzali.jpg

Georgian MRTP-20
ONUK%20MRTP20%20Georgia%20c.JPG

Egyptian MRTP-20

Onuk_MRTP20_Egypt_61.jpg

Qatar MRTP-34
Onuk_MRTP34_Q31_4.jpg

V
Bro, As far as I know, MRTP-15 is no longer offered to markets by Yonca-Onuk JV. At present, It is Super-16 and MRTP-20/22/24 boats at small class and (MRTP-29 is also retired by Onuk) MRTP-33/34/42 on medium class boats are offered to friend countries.

34 is ordered by Qatar, Georgia,
Super-16 is ordered by UAE and Malaysia
20 is ordered by Egypt and Georgia

MRTP-Super 16 constructed by Malaysian shipyard.

IMG_1445.JPG
byomarineonukmrtp16fast.jpg

UAE Super 16
baemrtp116imzali.jpg

Georgian MRTP-20
ONUK%20MRTP20%20Georgia%20c.JPG

Egyptian MRTP-20

Onuk_MRTP20_Egypt_61.jpg

Qatar MRTP-34
Onuk_MRTP34_Q31_4.jpg

very impressive

The navy for some weird reason has not been able to define a clear role for this platform - missile boat or patrol boat or both.
PN requires to correctly identify what equipment suites their role best and then procure it. IMO Azmat class and above is Naval requirement any thing below it should be for coast guard.

Actually the Navy does require these but in limited numbers as they can only be used by the marines.

Though all the platforms that you have mentioned can be given to the Coast Guard which would suite their requirements. If the coast guard requires further assistance then Pakistan Navy could give them support.

Turkey is brother country its good decision of PN to acquire MRTP and also PN go for Joint Production..

Is there nothing that can replace those on the platform? It seems like a waste...
I think they'll ultimately arm with one of Turkey's AShMs, e.g., Atmaca or the MRASM.

In fact, if you think about it, the PN has (or will soon have) a deficiency of lightweight AShMs. I don't think the RAS-72's hardpoints have the weight clearance to support the C-802. I wouldn't be surprised if the new LRMPA deals with similar constraints. Likewise for new helicopters.

I wonder if there's a way to buy the Turkish MRASM on a turnkey basis, i.e., seeker, turbojet engine, missile, etc, everything. If not, we can at least look at developing something similar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom