What's new

Ready to buy Russian oil at same rate India is purchasing: Ishaq Dar

We will only have TAP not TAPI.

No Business with India untill Indian Occupied Kashmir joins Pakistan.
Actually, there is no TAPI out there because without Russian support the pipeline will remain the same American joke which was designed to fool the Pakistani government. Turkmenistan cannot feed its own markets let alone feeding Pakistan or India. Russia is the only one to make the pipeline feasible.

India on the other hand, is negotiating with Oman.

Because of technical issues or political ones?

Entirely political, India will not be held hostage for an energy pipeline going through Pakistan, and without India, no other nation has the consumption capacity and economic viability to bankroll such a project.

Pakistan barely has a month's expenses in their forex reserve, and China already has major pipelines from Russia going through Xinjiang region, so they don't see profit funding pipelines to Pakistan.

So the project is good as dead.

India did proposed an undersea pipeline from Iran to India, bypassing Pakistan altogether. But that project got shelved because of political pressure.

We might see something happening here in near future.

Well if it is a fiction than Dar saab is peddling fiction as a responsible state minister. Carry on .
Yes, my contention has always been that PTI administration was not necessarily superior. Beyond that, I only question illogical and unsubstantiated criticism levelled on PTI's opponents. :cheers:

India did proposed an undersea pipeline from Iran to India, bypassing Pakistan altogether. But that project got shelved because of political pressure.
That's why i mentioned Oman, Iran has made an agreement with Qatari side to export natural gas to Germany. The delay is due to Russian operation in Ukraine. After which Germany will come to beg us.

The undersea pipeline to India can be fed by Qatar and Iran too. However depends on Indian side whether they want to import expensive LNG from USA destroying their production capacity for expensive and unstable LNG or wants a safe and permanent pipeline from middle east.

That's why i mentioned Oman, Iran has made an agreement with Qatari side to export natural gas to Germany. The delay is due to Russian operation in Ukraine. After which Germany will come to beg us.

The undersea pipeline to India can be fed by Qatar and Iran too. However depends on Indian side whether they want to import expensive LNG from USA destroying their production capacity for expensive and unstable LNG or wants a safe and permanent pipeline from middle east.

India will chose the most pragmatic approach, as you may have seen from our latest geopolitical stance.

Buying Russian oil at discount while supplying Ukraine with ammunition... Best deal maker..

@SecularNationalist

Ofcourse indian market is bigger with 1.2 billion pajeets.

True. 1.2 billion "pajeets" (Your description, not mine) can buy more than 220 million "beggars" (Your PM's description, not mine)

Regards
That's not our PM because he doesn't represent us and our interests. He is your PM imported one.
First buy 220 million toilets for your 660 million defeating on streets then think about buying Pakistan.

@SecularNationalist

First buy 220 million toilets for your 660 million defeating on streets then think about buying Pakistan.

Your information is completely outdated. Please check the latest UNDP MPI report. Only 11% of Indians crap on the railway tracks (railways, not streets as I am sure you would know) as compared to over 20% for Pakistan. And ModiGee is building toilets for the balance too- thanks for the concern anyway.

He is your PM imported one.

Our PM, good or bad, is very much a shuddh desi one. His face is very similar to the Harappa man, which suggests a local origin.

Regards

View attachment 887616
  • Ishaq Dar hopes West would have no objection.
  • Says 10 months enough for govt to restore political prestige.
  • Optimistic on Pakistan's exit from FATF grey list.
WASHINGTON: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has shown an indication to buy Russian oil but on the condition that it provides the important commodity at the same rate that it is giving it to India, reported The News.

While replying to a question in Washington, Dar hoped that the West would have no objection to the import of Russian oil at a discounted rate due to Pakistan’s financial hardship triggered by the recent catastrophic floods.

On the length of the incumbent government, the finance minister said that the coalition government in the Centre have enough time to return to the political front.

“10 months are enough for the government to restore its political prestige and win popularity. We were to select one thing among the two: either to save our politics or the state. We opted for the second,” he said while commenting on the by-polls results.

To a question about US President Biden’s statement on Pakistan’s nuclear programme, he said Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had already said that a robust command and control system was in place in the country. The US authorities also acknowledge it often, he added.

On the recent Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) recent meeting, Dar is optimistic that Pakistan would get out of the watchdog’s grey list. A meeting is expected in a few days and the government is hopeful that the country would come out of the FATF grey list, he said.

The finance minister was in Washington on a four-day visit where he met IMF, World Bank officials and others.
jitha di khoti ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Hello neutrals

PDM has made it clear multiple on multiple occasions that Pakistan is open for business with Russia. There is no room for any speculation that Pakistan turned away from saving $ through oil trade with Russia and somehow PDM sabotaged this attempt on American behest. :coffee:

Gotta give you this Mr India .

Your like the Manchester United fan who calls talk shows to save the Liverpool managers job who’s been on a losing streak .

Yes, my contention has always been that PTI administration was not necessarily superior. Beyond that, I only question illogical and unsubstantiated criticism levelled on PTI's opponents. :cheers:
So you are here to criticize PTI admin and defend PTI opponents. That was apparent anyway. So when PTI admin tries for cheap Russian oil, its a fantasy. But if nemesis of PTI does it, your response is already here in this thread.
Thanks for the clarification.

So you are here to criticize PTI admin and defend PTI opponents. That was apparent anyway. So when PTI admin tries for cheap Russian oil, its a fantasy. But if nemesis of PTI does it, your response is already here in this thread.
Thanks for the clarification.
I do not have a set agenda per se. But I find it amusing to question lop sided propaganda from PTI supporters here. This is why I critique their views.

I've already said that PDM will face the same difficulties as PTI if they want to purchase Russian oil. By openly stating that Pakistan is ready for Russian oil purchase, PDM has bulldozed PTI's propaganda that Americans dictate terms to Pakistan on PDM's watch. This is the most important clarification that I would like you to take. :cheers:

Did Russians even make an offer ?

Hi,

Russians have planned crude oil export to Pakistan, in order to achieve their 8% oil export growth plans.

14 OCT, 20:52

Russian oil export to grow by 8% annually in 2022 — Novak​

The country will redirect oil supplies not merely to Asian countries but also to Africa and Latin America, the official said

MOSCOW, October 14. /TASS/. Russia’s export of crude oil grow will grow by 8% in annual terms in 2022, Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak said at the Russian Energy Week forum.

"We expect this year, if speaking about the oil sector, production volumes to be even higher against the last year, a minor yet increase. Exports will be approximately 8% high. Our oil companies managed to refocus on other markets, managed to establish new logistical chains and find new mechanisms of payments and transition, including to settlements in national currencies. In other words, we see a stable situation here to support the domestic market and export sales," the official said.

Russian oil export contracted by 3.2% to 225.1 mln tonnes in 2021, according to earlier statistics.

The country will redirect oil supplies not merely to Asian countries but also to Africa and Latin America, the official said.

"In terms of refocusing, our greater portion will be directed to the Asia-Pacific Region, to India, Pakistan and other countries in this direction. In particular, to Africa and Latin America also, that is, to those requiring our energy resources," Novak said.

Back
Top Bottom