What's new

100% price escalation on Rafale fighter aircraft to Rs 1.75 lakh crore likely to dent IAF's strike c

The CEO of Dassault has stated that the cost would be ''a lot more than'' 20 billion dollars.
Olybrius (a native French speaker) reply to that nonsense:

Price of the MMRCA deal, example of rumour or false news:I was taking a look at indian blogs and forums (for once) and i read several times this rumour : "Dassaut CEO says that MMRCA will cost much more than 20 billion$"
This interview of Dassault Aviation CEO Eric Trapp in:
http://www.vedomosti.ru/library/news...ent-i?full#cut
explicitly highlights the spiraling costs of the Rafale deal. The overall Google Russian-English translation isn’t great, but the relevant portions below are reasonably transparent
Question – What is the total amount of the contract?
Eric Trapp – That’s confidential information, you must ask this from the Indian government.
Eric Trapp – No, it’s much more.
This is a data point that confirms the trend made by claims that the Rafale deal will be in the range of USD 25-30 billion.
Question – As far as the estimate of $ 20 billion?
Eric Trapp – No, it’s much more.
This is a data point that confirms the trend made by claims that the Rafale deal will be in the range of USD 25-30 billion.Seems odd because Trappier is usually very cautious, so let's see the interview on Vedomosti, a well known Russian economic daily newspaper:

http://www.vedomosti.ru/library/news...ent-i?full#cut

— Какова общая сумма контракта?
— Это конфиденциальная информация, нужно спрашивать об этом у индийского правительства.
— Насколько верна оценка в $20 млрд?
— Нет, это гораздо больше.

-> Google translation:
- What is the total amount of the contract?
- This is confidential information you need to ask this from the Indian government.
- As far as the estimate of $ 20 billion?
- No, it's much more.

Ok ... but let's hear the video of the interview:
http://www.vedomosti.ru/companies/video/61_3061

In fact ; at 01:51 the asked question (by a russian journalist who don't speak fluent french) is [sic] : "one milliard de dollars , est ce vrai ?"
Nothing to do with the written translation. One can confuse "one" and "un" but absolutely not "one" or "un" with "vingt" , so obviously Trappier answers (amused): "no it's much more"

Another example of bad journalism with misunderstanding or/and wrong translation.... Always check

Other than that one bogus interview there is NOTHING to back up these outrageous claims.

:rofl:

I hope that you do realise the mathematical significance among 81, 100, and 105. :hitwall:

bhaiya the payment is in Euros and you know what is the situation of INR
The Euro/INR ER has remain pretty static for the bast 2-3 years. It is only the INR/USD ER that has had issues for very specific reasons. As the price in full will be paid in Euros- the INR's recent issues (that it is now recovering from) wrt the USD mean NOTHING.

There should be some point (cost wise) when the purchase makes no sense anymore. I know that it is a fantastic fighter, but it is the overall capability addition that it adds to the IAF (as compared to alternatives for the same price) that should be looked into. More LCAs plus MKIs plus one desi AEWAC for every squadron, will cost less and bring more capability. We have already sunk costs into the MKI related infrastructure, and will do so for the LCA.

For 12 billion, it would have been a fantastic fleet to add to the IAF. For 20 billion, a necessary but unpleasant purchase. For 30 billion, it is a mockery. Not to mention the fact that Eurofighter can justifiably question the valiidity of the MMRCA saga, since they were evicted purely for being costlier.

@Taygibay : What gives?

During that period rupee value has decreased from 40 to 60, so 12 billion becomes 18 billion without any price increase, but 30 billion I don't understand.

During that period rupee value has decreased from 40 to 60, so 12 billion becomes 18 billion without any price increase, but 30 billion I don't understand.
Because it's all BS- why is that so hard to understand? In any case the bids have NOT been changed in the past 2 years so the ER of 2011/12 will be used not the ER of 2013/14.

The Euro/INR ER has remain pretty static for the bast 2-3 years. It is only the INR/USD ER that has had issues for very specific reasons. As the price in full will be paid in Euros- the INR's recent issues (that it is now recovering from) wrt the USD mean NOTHING.
mate i know mate its But the Guy deserve some anwers:azn:

Because it's all BS- why is that so hard to understand? In any case the bids have NOT been changed in the past 2 years so the ER of 2011/12 will be used not the ER of 2013/14.

Maybe the bid had an expiration date on it? :undecided:

Maybe the bid had an expiration date on it? :undecided:
That would make the entire bidding and L1/L2 selection process null and void as the L1/L2 considerations was PRICE. There's no way that would be allowed to happen.

I think we should ask a question what If I am Dassault CEO/French Govt? Would I take a decision to close the deal at $60-65 million or run the risk of nothing.
Well obvious answer is Yes. If deal is not closed in next few months, i think it is almost dead. Initial price is anyway just a start. Considering IAF love of mid life upgrade etc, it is going to cost $30 Billion + anyway. Dassault really need to sell the plane.

May Its Due too full tot i think french will not transfer us key tech so cheap

Any clue about EFT's T3 upgrade? it was supposed to give EFT good A/G ability....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom