What's new

100% price escalation on Rafale fighter aircraft to Rs 1.75 lakh crore likely to dent IAF's strike c

1.) Its rumor nothing official.

2.) We should order 126 sukhois as stop gap measures as HAL already manufactures them while concentrate on Tejas II and 5th gen fighters.
or half the order...buy them of the self...and buy 100 more mki or 126 mig 35/29k

Maybe... but at least we deliver all our goods on time and at a reasonable price (lets be honest, the french were never going to offer you full TOT, that's why they've been nitpicking all this time). Not only that, we would have offered you these:

advanced_super-hornet.jpg

Think about it, we'd even help you with testing and improvements to the Tejas naval fighter jet.

No thanks ....!

yep,we should go with the americans........for a a medium multirole fighter.....maybe superhornets or f-16 advanced blocks
they can provide some help with tejas

American are totally untrustworthy . Their planes will come with numerous strings attached .
It does not suit requirements of IAF that's why it did not make it up to eve n final 2 ( despite personal persuasion by Obama ) .
There is solid reason why we did not consider it in first place .

Last edited:
100% price increase in only 2 years, in dollar terms too?

And the Rupee has been falling against the dollar for the entire past 2 years as well. So how much if an increase is that in Rupee terms?

India should just put the money into indigenous programs instead. This is national security, it can't be held hostage to the whims of foreign countries.
It's all BS because the deal will be paid for in EUROS and the INR/EUR ER has been pretty much static for the past 2-3 years.

Rafale program was already in crisis and dependent on Indian deal. Do you really think that France wants to close Rafale program? This means a closure of rafale program. have doubt about the news authenticity

Me too . I also seriously doubt about the veracity of this report . Let us wait and watch !

No thanks ....!

American are totally untrustworthy . Their planes will come with numerous strings attached .
It does not suit requirements of IAF that's why it did not make it up to eve n final 2 ( despite personal persuasion by Obama ) .
There is solid reason why we did not consider it in first place .

the way things are moving with rafale........i thought superhornets will be cheap and we need some thing to fill up our empty squadrons........eurofighter wont be good as well due to pak-saudi nexus..........i hope this news is fake......

i personally would like IAF to induct more mki and tejas

It's all BS because the deal will be paid for in EUROS and the INR/EUR ER has been pretty much static for the past 2-3 years.

Thats right. Even Rafale was chosen because of lower bid... how come it costs more costly????

And why are people talking ordering more MKIs .

Havent we ordering more , inducting more , ordering more, inducting more as the production goes ...?????

@h0mer

No ToT, no business...

People were dead against LCA coz of delays, now realizing that the delay is inevitable for a hi-tech programmes like fighter jet.

IN understood it and supported well, now IAF coming in terms of it.

the way things are moving with rafale........i thought superhornets will be cheap and we need some thing to fill up our empty squadrons........eurofighter wont be good as well due to pak-saudi nexus..........i hope this news is fake......

i personally would like IAF to induct more mki and tejas

More Mkis and Tejas is way to go supplant our immediate needs .

meanwhile we should speed up work on AMCA .

We need to replicate Agni model for fighter jets too ....so that we do not have this kind of perpetual uncertainty that too at cost of substantial foreign exchange .
Imagine number of employment it will generate within country ?

67 years of Independence and it is too much to be dependent on crucial tech on foreign countries for such urgent needs of our armed forces !

More Mkis and Tejas is way to go supplant our immediate needs .

meanwhile we should speed up work on AMCA .

We need to replicate Agni model for fighter jets too ....so that we do not have this kind of perpetual uncertainty that too at cost of substantial foreign exchange .
Imagine number of employment it will generate within country ?

67 years of Independence and it is too much to be dependent on crucial tech on foreign countries for such urgent needs of our armed forces !

AMCA is a distant dream :hitwall:

AMCA is a distant dream :hitwall:

If we put al our resources and all our efforts we can do it .
Just as we succeeded in realizing Agni, we can make AMCA possible ...That's why I said More Mkis and Tejas for our immediate needs .

I don't think so its 6Bil , It's 3.7 billion

Well Thats why I gave source which is ABC for 6 billion Aus Dollars which would be 5.2 Billion US, Even if we consider it to be 3.7 billion then it would cost 154.2 million a pop :)
120 million $ a piece for Rafale looks like a good deal compared to what Aus has paid. ( ofcouse the price would come down with bigger order like 126 and may be comparable)

Homer even F 18 is at it's end of its era.., F35 will do.. But it ll come with more strings than avionics..

EFT is fine if it comes at reasonable price..

As for the squadron strength... LCA should be given high dose steroids ,

We can make extra production line or whatever it takes..

F-18 E/F is most definitely not at the end of its era. It is currently in production for the USN, and will serve them for another 25 years, along with the F-35. It's the regular hornets that are being replaced.

If we put al our resources and all our efforts we can do it .
Just as we succeeded in realizing Agni, we can make AMCA possible ...That's why I said More Mkis and Tejas for our immediate needs .
never said,it aint possible........

it will take time......

now we need rafale and some tot :undecided:

F-18 is not possible.
Reasons:How the hell we trust US?Even US is going to F-35 instead of F-18.Plus US law will not allow ToT.It also becomea nightmare at the time of War.

We were offered the F-18SH, not regular F-18s. The super hornets are not going to be replaced by the F-35. The F-18 E/F is a much newer and better bird than the older hornets, just like the mig-35 vis a vis mig 29.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom