What's new

11 Phenomenal Pakistani Dramas That Addressed Taboos You Were Too Afraid To

Alpha Bravo Charlie
Dhuwan

Jab Jab Dil Millein How Can I Forget Sadia Imam Dyed Her Hair Red For The First Time:woot:

The OST For The Song Was Sagar By Fuson Remember Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan???

And Also Ooooos(Can Anyone Get Me It's OST) And Mitti Ki Murat Both Starring Hassam Qazi

And Oh Yeah Chand Girhen and Samandar Ke Darmiyan Starring Shafi Mohammad Shah (Late) And In The Latter Ishart Hashmi(Late) Sohail Asghar and Adnan Siddiqui

Then Hawaein Starring Talat Husain and Farid Nawaz Baloch and Ghazala Kaifi

So Many Memories Man Golden 90s

Last edited:
I liked Me Abdul Qadir Hun. It was about love, betrayal, religion, and lib Pakistanis coming to terms with how moronic they are.

Alif Noon!

and some of the 80's dramas were fantastic ...

Alif Noon!

You ever see Akhbari Asghari? It tackled taboo issues in a light and comedic way. Plus Fawad Khan pulled off the villager role pretty convincingly, to the point he reminded me of my cousin to the tee with the mustache and everything.

You ever see Akhbari Asghari? It tackled taboo issues in a light and comedic way. Plus Fawad Khan pulled off the villager role pretty convincingly, to the point he reminded me of my cousin to the tee with the mustache and everything.

no yaar, didn't get to watch many from 89 onwards ... here and there some on Hum TV etc but theme these days is too depressing ... it's all crying and more crying ...

no yaar, didn't get to watch many from 89 onwards ... here and there some on Hum TV etc but theme these days is too depressing ... it's all crying and more crying ...

This one is a little bit Faislabadi style. No Rona dhona as promised. All the episodes are on YouTube. It's one of my favorites.

What was the taboo in that drama? :confused:

@Moonlight I would like your views about some of these drama before I watch them.

Overrated :D
At the same time there was this drama “Jo Chalay To Jan Se Guzar Gaye” with a strong story and better cast.
I don’t know why people blindly start following what’s being discussed the most even if it’s content is weaker than many other serials/dramas out there

@Well.wisher is it your list? Or link isn’t provide to original article. Anyhow, I disagree with many dramas in this list. Being an old and genuine follower of Pakistani dramas, I can tell you, Pakistan has produced some best dramas on all these topics except few. One is “Aisi Hai Tanhai” & “Besharam”.
Yes one of the drama listed is so underrated & that’s “Dar Si Jaty Hai Sila” it’s my personal one favorite nowadays.

Unfortunately - stopped watching Drama for substantial time when properly funded Government run programming stopped.

There is ample drama on the news shows thanks to my father's viewing, there is hardly need for more drama in life

The drop in quality was quite substantial and notable once Government level funded programming ended. With Abundance of TV channels , it is hard to find time for Drama shows which last 1 hour +

While the Number of channels have improved , the over all industry as whole is invisible perhaps for outside audiences who may not watch shows regularly

Once started watching Western programming its very difficult to revert back
Now time is reserved for Game Shows (Trivia), Sports only

The quality cannot be revived unless there are talented

a) Writers
b) Professional Production
c) Actors (Reference Shakeel , Abid Ali , Moeen Akhtar and many others)
d) Debutant actors
e) A story worth following

The fall in general writing , or story telling is perhaps connected to drop in quality in schools to produce enough folks who choose Professional Script writing or Novel writing as a full time profession

There is also a substantial lack of acknowledgement of role of small screen workers from prespective of Government. And lack of proper rewarding scheme or system to award performers

Last edited:
There's a drama show about Khuda aur Mohabbat by Hashim Nadeem too? I should watch it.
Is there a drama show on 'Abdullah' too?

yeah there are two shows on Khuda aur Mohobbat, season 1 & season 2 ... season 1 is till where Iman dies .... season 2 is full story from start to end
no drama on Abdullah though ... i wish they make one ... it was a life changing novel

have you read Aik Mohobbat Aur Sahi by Hashim Nadeem ?

Another one I liked was meray Kwab Raiza Raiza which covered forced prostitution and ultimately self inflicted acid attack to get out of that life once and for all.

Alif Noon!

True 80s dramas are unmatchable .
Mirat ul uroos is my favorite , it really inspired me. It was for girls and their role in building after marriage . I loved that drama , inspired me a lot .
Today it's very hard to find such real nd genuine actors , actresses.

Overrated :D
At the same time there was this drama “Jo Chalay To Jan Se Guzar Gaye” with a strong story and better cast.
I don’t know why people blindly start following what’s being discussed the most even if it’s content is weaker than many other serials/dramas out there

@Well.wisher is it your list? Or link isn’t provide to original article. Anyhow, I disagree with many dramas in this list. Being an old and genuine follower of Pakistani dramas, I can tell you, Pakistan has produced some best dramas on all these topics except few. One is “Aisi Hai Tanhai” & “Besharam”.
Yes one of the drama listed is so underrated & that’s “Dar Si Jaty Hai Sila” it’s my personal one favorite nowadays.

Do you kind of follow all dramas?

Ok lemme ask about few.

Which channels you watch the most?

A plus, humtv , urdu1 , geo ,ary , express entertainment , samaa , aaj tv, tv one , bol tv. Bol, samaa , express sometimes make dramas.
Which channels you follow write that in hierarchy.

Now ocming to dramas, there has started two new ones on hum tv. Day ijazat and maaa nahi banana something. Are you watching these two?

Are you watching parchai of minal khan and sabreena hasbani? Are you liking it?

Qurban of ary? Zard zamanon ka sawaira?

Also will you watching upcoming ones like Pukar and meri nanhi pari? Their teasers are already on.

Also there is a new one on aplus called kahan ho tum with sumbul and affan in lead , have you seen it?

khidmat guzar and paimanay?

Back
Top Bottom