What's new

$15 billion Saudi bailout likely

fck man i don't like this deal. If i disgaree with PML-N on one thing, its these sort of foreign policies !

Nothing comes free in this world! There are no free binges. When its pay-back time, the Saudis will be having the last laugh. As it is Pakistan's balance of payments situation is precarious, bordering on a debt trap which has reached a critical stage. It will need another package from the International Monetary Fund, one of the country's biggest lenders, before the end of the year to avert a crisis.

Pakistan will need up to $9 billion from the IMF to cushion the economy which currently has just enough hard currency to cover about two months of imports.

Now Pakistan expects about 100,000 barrels of crude oil and about 15,000 tons of furnace oil per day from Saudi Arabia on deferred payment basis for three years. The amount involved is about $12-15bn. Unless the Saudis convert most of it as 'grant', Pakistan will have a tough time repaying the amount.

This ain't no free gift from SA. It's just a straightforward business proposition. So what's all this song and dance about?
Sir for 60 years its one side we got free oil for more than a decade some traitor told it to IMF that is why we couldn't get it more and lot of other things we have got

Nothing comes free in this world! There are no free binges. When its pay-back time, the Saudis will be having the last laugh. As it is Pakistan's balance of payments situation is precarious, bordering on a debt trap which has reached a critical stage. It will need another package from the International Monetary Fund, one of the country's biggest lenders, before the end of the year to avert a crisis.

Pakistan will need up to $9 billion from the IMF to cushion the economy which currently has just enough hard currency to cover about two months of imports.

Now Pakistan expects about 100,000 barrels of crude oil and about 15,000 tons of furnace oil per day from Saudi Arabia on deferred payment basis for three years. The amount involved is about $12-15bn. Unless the Saudis convert most of it as 'grant', Pakistan will have a tough time repaying the amount.

This ain't no free gift from SA. It's just a straightforward business proposition. So what's all this song and dance about?

how about you go up to the first part of the article instead of cut-past what fit your point mr buhurt.

Indians has no beef in this keep your Ars out of it.

Between 1998 and 2002, Pakistan received $3.5 billion (Rs190 billion at the exchange rate at that time) worth of oil from Saudi Arabia on deferred payment, a major part of which was converted into grant.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...llion-saudi-bailout-likely.html#ixzz2U5hG3Qpm

:nana:

Actually its Amreeka :)
they say we won't let you build pipeline and when they say they do it.

funny if SA is paying money for paying circular debt by NS for doing away with pipeline then its a sordid boon

funny if SA is paying money for paying circular debt by NS for doing away with pipeline then its a sordid boon

yeah for both India & Pakistan. Now Iran will reduce oil price for India or atleast won't increase in the future. :cheers:

mr buhurt. Indians has no beef in this keep your Ars out of it.
Thanks for the compliment! Much appreciated. We Indians do need to keep our a$$es out of it. Your wish is my command, sir. Please forgive me for hurting your sentiments. Stupid Indians, interfering in what is purely a bi-lateral affair between the Great Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

respect-058.gif
th_KingOnThrone.gif
respect-061.gif

@Leader @nuclearpak @Spring Onion

Let's keep emotions out of this discussion and have a realistic discussion here.

If you are so against these 15 billion oil, could you suggest any other short term solution? From where in short term Pakistan can arrange such a huge amount to borrow such large amount of oil? Another bailout package from World bank? America? spend our complete 8-9 billion dollar foreign exchange reserves on this problem?

From inside you and me are yearning to get rid of such god damn loadshedding of 15-16 hours and @Leader how was your night spend when light was out from 1 am to 5 am ? and we all agree, short term solution is to reduce circular debt and increase thermal power generation so if Saudia is providing such amount, then why are you criticizing for the sake of criticizing?

If you have any other solution for short term, we are eager to hear from you

Like it is said in report, Iran Pakistan gas pipeline can not be cancelled because it is advanced to such level that if we back out we have to pay a penalty of 500-600 million dollar plus the bad name it brings to Pakistan that no one would be willing to do a business dealing with Pakistan in future. My guess,, Pipeline might get delayed but not cancelled

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's keep emotions out of this discussion and have a realistic discussion here.

If you are so against these 15 billion oil, could you suggest any other short term solution? From where in short term Pakistan can arrange such a huge amount to borrow such large amount of oil? Another bailout package from World bank? America? spend our complete 8-9 billion dollar foreign exchange reserves on this problem?

From inside you and me are yearning to get rid of such god damn loadshedding of 15-16 hours and @Leader how was your night spend when light was out from 1 am to 5 am ? and we all agree, short term solution is to reduce circular debt and increase thermal power generation so if Saudia is providing such amount, then why are you criticizing for the sake of criticizing?

Like it is said in report, Iran Pakistan gas pipeline can not be cancelled because it is advanced to such level that if we back out we have to pay a penalty of 500-600 million dollar plus the bad name it brings to Pakistan that no one would be willing to do a business dealing with Pakistan in future. My guess,, Pipeline might get delayed but not cancelled

you my friend cannot keep self-respect, integrity out of this... if you feel that it should be kept out, then we will discuss how a man should learn to catch a fish, then to borrow a fish for food !

I have no problem in getting a proper bail out package or anything, but without the strings attached. We have some interests of our own.

You get this bailout package and then reap the rewards of it 10 years down the line when you have a Madrassa next to your home. Ask me how does it feel to have a Saudi madrassa right down the street...

Yesterday alot of TV programs were focused on foreign policy, they all said the same thing, peace and friendship is good, magr jaan nichawar nhn karni. We tend to go all out in our love. Take the example of India, when NS comes in, we suddenly think India is an angel and why the differences...while the reality is much different.

Same with KSA, they have been meddling before and with the money strings will be attached.

There are many other ways to get electricity, is nay baray waday kiay thay, kashkol tor dain gay, hum kisi say kuch nhn mangain gay, tax barhayen gay, har cheez ka solution mulk kay andar say nikalain gay...ab kia hua? Government isnt even sworn in and begging starts. You may call it a bail out package, I call it bribe.

1. i am not talking about KSA or the aims behind this bailout package.

2. I am more concerned over Nawaz's short term solution to power cuts. And in my opinion this is not the soultion because

lets check that on election day they have provided 11 billion rupees, for smooth supply of power and few days back they have provided 15 billion rupees for the same. The result is that there was Less power cut in Punjab BUT other provinces suffered more than 21 hours daily including us in KP.

As i said circular debt is a must to clear but taking loan for that is NOT the solution.

divert money from road taxes, from ECP money which they are taking from parties for verification of each vote.

there are other such small temp money diversions.

oh by the way NS said he also will take money from IMF which means increase in power tarrif further and common man will suffer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom