What's new

16 Bangladesh nationals wounded by BSF fire at Jaintapur Haor

BDR, i dont know whats wrong with them, why are their arms always closed together....

indians who does not even know current indian map. These disscussions are out of your league.

Mind your own business. I will speak whenever I feel that there's a need to. No need to teach me India's map. Teach yourself how to refrain from posting crap and BS

To indian members
Times of India says that Bangladeshi forces started firing first. We have no reason to believe any of bangladeshi media reports. BSF would never fire without a valid reason. They are not a bunch of hooligans that BD media portrays them to be. They have gone several years of training and are nothing less than refined soldiers.

Last edited:
BDR chief for shoot order on drug traffickers

The border troops will be ordered to shoot drug traffickers on sight if necessary, BDR chief Major General Mainul Islam said yesterday.

"We'll show zero tolerance for drug smugglers," he told a press briefing at the BDR Pilkhana headquarters.

He said the jawans hesitate to open fire on the suspected drug runners as the 7.62 bore rifles they use now would surely cause fatalities.
"We will issue them shotguns so the possibility of fatalities is minimised," he continued.

Explaining the rationale for the decision, he said since the BDR members rarely shoot, drug traders dare to snatch away the seized dopes from them.

On Sunday's shootout between BDR and the Indian Border Security Force, Mainul said it was frustrating for the two neighbours especially when the directors general met in New Delhi only four days ago.

He yet again said he suspects the decisions taken at the DG-level meeting were not yet communicated to the field level BSF men.

Asked if his force was bold enough in countering BSF aggression, the BDR chief said firing never solves problems. "We showed maturity by restraining ourselves."

The two frontier forces exchanged gunfire for around three hours on Sunday after BSF crossed the Jaintapur border in Sylhet and shot and injured at least 15 Bangladeshi villagers.

Major Gen Mainul said the foreign ministry will send a protest letter to the Indian authorities.

Of the recent discussions with his opposite number in India, he said killing of Bangladeshis in border areas, adverse possession of lands and drug trafficking were the issues that took precedence over others.

He asked BSF chief to take legal action instead of killing people.

For instance, he said, BDR has sought to arrest a number of Indian nationals on various charges, but did not kill any.

Replying to a query, Mainul said adverse possession of lands is a longstanding problem, much of which he believes will be resolved at the upcoming meeting of Joint Boundary Working Group.

He observed Bangladesh needs to be on a strong footing with regard to border infrastructure
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=130265

Last edited:
Mind your own business. I will speak whenever I feel that there's a need to. No need to teach me India's map. Teach yourself how to refrain from posting crap and BS

To indian members
Times of India says that Bangladeshi forces started firing first. We have no reason to believe any of bangladeshi media reports. BSF would never fire without a valid reason. They are not a bunch of hooligans that BD media portrays them to be. They have gone several years of training and are nothing less than refined soldiers.

Sartak... your BSF are just bunch of Saints but that claim needs some reality on the ground.

See, how our law enforcing see the killing of civilian in my earlier post. That itself should show the difference between us (the civil people) and you (the uncivil people). Sorry for my harsh comment.
:disagree:

It's only a minority of the distracted populataion of bangladesh that jumps up on every India bashing topic. Not to mention, asking for a neutral source.

Cyber warriors at maximum, cannot be more than that as BSF will take care.:sick:

I do not know if the Times of India reporting is based on truth. But, it remains a truth that the Indians have infiltrated into our territory to steal fish and then to capture our land with the backing of BSF. What do you expect BDR to do, celebrate the occasion by giving them a red-carpet welcome?

At least, I am proud of our BDR that its troops did not fire at the hungry Indian Khasias. But, your BSF, as usual, fired at our civilians and wounded 16 of them. How do you defend this cowardice act of your panicked BSF troops?

BSF have proven to be the worst human rights violator against people of BD. Why BD government is so chup chaap? Next time BD should send in their commandos and come back with BSF heads.

Editorial
Govt needs to make its position clear on BSF excesses

THE latest intrusion of Indian nationals into Bangladesh territory on Sunday at Jaintapur in Sylhet, seemingly at the behest of the Border Security Force of India, which prompted an exchange of gunshots between the Bangladesh Rifles and the BSF, causing injury to at least 15 Bangladeshi civilians, tends to indicate that the Indian guards may not be in the mood to exercise restraint so as to avoid confrontation or prevent killing of civilians on the border.

According to a report front-paged in New Age on Monday, tension also mounted at Pratappur in Gowainghat where the border guards of the two countries faced off after the BSF had crossed the border and took position in the bunkers that they had dug inside Bangladesh territory Thursday night. Although the BSF left the bunkers and went back into India Saturday night after a flag meeting, they again entered Bangladesh and took position in the bunkers Saturday morning. Incidentally, the two incidents of intrusion, by Indian nationals in the first and by the BSF in the second, took place within three days of the conclusion of a director general-level conference between the border guards of the two countries where the BSF agreed to stop intrusion of Indian nationals into Bangladesh territory and exercise restraint to prevent killing of Bangladeshi civilians

Needless to say, the BSF has consistently defied all agreements and conventions, bilateral and multilateral, and carried on with all kinds of aggressive and intrusive activities. Over the years, the BSF atrocities have reached such proportions that the BDR even recommended, in a report submitted to the government in the first week of January, a dusk-to-dawn ban on movement of Bangladeshi civilians within 150 metres of the zero point inside Bangladesh territory, to prevent loss of lives. In the report, the BDR noted that the BSF ‘kept flouting the Joint India-Bangladesh Guideline 1975 and the International Human Rights Convention.’ Regrettably, the joint communiqué, released at the end of the Bangladesh prime minister January 10-13 visit to India, painted the BDR and the BSF with the same brush and asked them both to exercise restraint, although the BDR has exercised restraint and the BSF perpetrated excesses all along. The resolution of the just-concluded director general-level conference similarly bracketed the BDR and the BSF with regard to the flare-ups on the border.

In the past one month or so, the BSF has appeared rather hell bent on instigating trouble on the Jaintapur border. There have been several incidents of intrusion of Indian nationals into Bangladesh territory, apparently at the instigation of the BSF, one of which resulted in exchange of more than 1,000 gunshots between the border guards of the two countries. Moreover, the BSF even kidnapped a BDR soldier at gunpoint and detained him for more than 10 hours. Besides, in the first two months of the calendar year, at least 17 Bangladeshis have been killed by the BSF.

The Awami League-led government has consistently trumpeted the prime minister’s recent visit to India as breakthrough in the relations between the two countries and that it has been successful to persuade its Indian counterpart to resolve the border disputes. However, the ground reality tends to indicate otherwise. It is time, therefore, that the government came out with an unequivocal statement on the BSF atrocities on the border and how it plans to redress the issue. After all, the BSF actions are nothing short of attack against Bangladesh’s territorial sovereignty.

Editorial

It may be that the BSF guys are worried about retrenchment if peace is established in the border. This is why they are trying to derail any move to solve border issues by resolutely making troubles.

To indian members

If BDR had fired first,then why are Bangladeshi villagers injured?
15 wounded in BSF firing
15 wounded in BSF firing

And why BSF is apologising for the incident later on?

On Monday, at a flag meeting with Bangladesh Rifles (BDR), India’s Border Security Force (BSF) apologized about the shooting of at least 15 Bangladeshi civilians at the Jaintapur border in Sylhet on Sunday.
VOA News - BDR and BSF Meet to Prevent Civilian Deaths along Shared Borders

Use your brain Indian members,especially you.

And keep you bullshyte of refined soldiers to yourself.Don't try to feed us that shyte.

Believe what your Media feeds you,that doesn't change the truth only makes you an ignorant.

He said the jawans hesitate to open fire on the suspected drug runners as the 7.62 bore rifles they use now would surely cause fatalities.
"We will issue them shotguns so the possibility of fatalities is minimised," he continued.

This probably means BDR is now equipped with BD -08 assault rifles ,good job :tup:.

Now they should put into use,as their counterparts have been doing it for years.

Where we are talking about minimising casualty,BSF is busy causing casualty..that of civilans.

After all they are Pure Refined Soldiers of Holy Land... :rolleyes:

If BDR had fired first,then why are Bangladeshi villagers injured?
15 wounded in BSF firing
15 wounded in BSF firing

And why BSF is apologising for the incident later on?

VOA News - BDR and BSF Meet to Prevent Civilian Deaths along Shared Borders

Use your brain Indian members,especially you.

And keep you bullshyte of refined soldiers to yourself.Don't try to feed us that shyte.

Believe what your Media feeds you,that doesn't change the truth only makes you an ignorant.

Are you illiterate or just retarded?
BSF apologized for firing at civillians. This in no way implies that BSF started firing first. Your BDR soldiers are no saints , though you are free to delude yourselves with such crap

It may be that the BSF guys are worried about retrenchment if peace is established in the border. This is why they are trying to derail any move to solve border issues by resolutely making troubles.

Iajdani's post make more sense to me...

Iajdani said:
Wht I understood, BSF took over those areas last year when BDR was in a disarray. Now BDR is claiming that back. My gutts feelings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom