What's new

19 Days After Crash, IAF MiG-29 Pilot Declared Dead

INDIAN SOLDIER

Reaction score
19 Days After Crash, IAF MiG-29 Pilot Declared Dead

Dharmendra.jpg

Squadron Leader Dharmendra Singh Tomar, who went down in a MiG-29 on October 18, is dead. Sources tell Headlines Today that body parts were found today at the crash site in the Chokhang Mountains in Lahaul-Spiti, Himachal Pradesh. Hope had always been bleak a couple of days after the crash, considering the terrain he went down in. Since the crash, I've gotten to know several of Sqn Ldr Tomar's friends, coursemates and seniors in the IAF.

Heartfelt condolences to his family. R.I.P.

Did he go down over some forested areas?

Mountains actually....15,000 feet above Chokhang village in Lahaul area of Himachal Pradesh.

Didn't realize he was a Navy pilot till now...

Mountains actually....15,000 feet above Chokhang village in Lahaul area of Himachal Pradesh.

Ah.. I made the point considering that he was MIA and now declared KIA. So generally if it was terrain easily accessible to Search and rescue, it would not have taken this long to declare the status.

Navy Pilot? The report clearly identifies him as Sqn. Ldr. Dharmendra Singh Tomar, an IAF pilot.
If you got taken in by the picture, think again. That is a "White Patrol" uniform that he is wearing; like other IAF pilots do on certain occasions.

Another thing, the crash took place in hostile and remote mountainous terrain; very hard to mount a SAR op.

RIP Sqn. Ldr. Tomar, died in the line of duty.

Navy Pilot? The report clearly identifies him as Sqn. Ldr. Dharmendra Singh Tomar, an IAF pilot.
If you got taken in by the picture, think again. That is a "White Patrol" uniform that he is wearing; like other IAF pilots do on certain occasions.

Another thing, the crash took place in hostile and remote mountainous terrain; very hard to mount a SAR op.

RIP Sqn. Ldr. Tomar, died in the line of duty.

Umm,He's wearing a Naval uniform buddy.That's why

Read my post again, please. That is certainly not a Naval Uniform. That is a "White Patrol" worn by IAF officers at Mess Nights. It is not a ceremonial rig.

IAF wears white? Being a CO's son I have never seen an IAF pilot in whites...

IAF wears white? Being a CO's son I have never seen an IAF pilot in whites...

surprised that you never saw it

The IAF wings in gold bullion are smaller, around 3 inches in width. These are only worn on the white mess dinner jackets along with the miniature medals.

surprised that you never saw it

The IAF wings in gold bullion are smaller, around 3 inches in width. These are only worn on the white mess dinner jackets along with the miniature medals.

Yup...never seen such an IAF attire....can someone confirm?

Back
Top Bottom