What's new

$2.1 Billion Megaplan for a modern and digital Dhaka Medical College Hospital

So far, you have uploaded quite a few super-specialized photographs of hospitals in BD. But why then do people go to India and Singapore and pay huge money there?

I do not think when this new facility is built, Kolkata people will visit it. There will be 5,000 beds. I wonder if these beds should not be distributed among 50 or 100 hospitals around the country.

BD wants to become Number 1 in stupid things. This 5,000-bed cow shed will not treat people. All traffic will stop at the gate in this case.

But I do not think nice-looking buildings can cure a disease. It needs sincere doctors and dedicated nurses plus good quality medicines that attract people.

In general, BD people are insincere. This results in bad politicians, bad bureaucrats, bad engineers and bad doctors. The entire philosophy of these people revolves around money the tendency to show it off to people.

But, in any case, this hospital matter has been manufactured in the heads of BAL politicians. Similar things will continue until the election.

Bluesky bhai, the idea of a teaching hospital is to manufacture new doctors from scratch.

This teaching hospital will be there to treat destitute people who could not normally afford medical care.

OTOH, since they are not paying patients, these patients will be used by trainee doctors to learn new medical treatment regimes and hone their craft and discipline.

Same as what DMCH does now, but on a much bigger scale. There were many poor meritorious students who could not afford a proper medical education in the past, they can get trained here. I will be happy if this new facility helps produce the amount of future doctors needed for all of Bangladesh. Having enough doctors for a population like Bangladesh (say around 200 Million in the future) is a huge challenge. This facility will hopefully ensure we have that.

Once we have enough doctors supplied locally, then the fees charged will come down for doctor visits, and hopefully sincerity will also increase.

@Homo Sapiens bhai would you agree with my view?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom