What's new

2017 Census: Population by city Karachi 14.9m, Lahore 11.12m, Faisalabad 3.2m

It is pretty obvious that Urdu speakers population would fall slightly but that doesn't mean they have completed stopped having kids, but that's not my point. The point is the overall picture we are getting.

Also, it was obvious you weren't from Karachi when you replied to me with the map showing Kemari as outside of Karachi. That was the most obvious part, yet you still continue to argue on these figures like you know Karachi like the back of your hand. Another thing that gave that away was when you stated that Malir is sparsely populated, have you ever been to Malir? Please, it is fine to make educated guesses, but you seem to have invested a lot of time and effort in proving these figures as gospel. I hope to God you weren't one of the guys who carried out this census in Karachi.

And once again, I will wait for the breakdown of the official figures district by district, town by town of Karachi before I say anything further on the numbers.

Not slightly but 48% all the way down to 25% or 20%. I didn't show any map showing Kemari outside Karachi, its part of Karachi division. There is already break down district wise.

http://www.pbs.gov.pk/sites/default/files//DISTRICT_WISE_CENSUS_RESULTS_CENSUS_2017.pdf

highly politicized & seems favoring ONLY PML-N & PPP
karachi-lahore-division-jpg.421520

Interpretation of the above table is very interesting (for Karachi concentrate in Growth Rate of Rural Area)
View attachment 421715

Lahore division growth 2.55% vs Karachi division 2.6%. Punjab population has been reduced by 3% but conspiracy is against Karachi and everyone else lol

Explain how Lahore division growth rate is higher, can't you see figures you posted?

Those who're questioning these results, by pointing at international agencies, keep in mind that those agencies were guessing, they had no way of actually knowing for sure.

This is why census are so important, to set the record straight. Besides, it's really easy to check if the numbers are fake. Karachi lost 10 million residents, that's nearly half the previously thought population, that's actually really easy to debunk, if fake. Karachi's administration can do their own city wide census on their own.

I'd also like to add, there is an obvious slow down in population growth, which isn't that bad for a thing for Pakistan. It shows that Pakistan's efforts to control the booming population growth have been somewhat effective. The population numbers, before the results, were estimated to be between 215 to 240 million.

Those who're questioning these results, by pointing at international agencies, keep in mind that those agencies were guessing, they had no way of actually knowing for sure.

This is why census are so important, to set the record straight. Besides, it's really easy to check if the numbers are fake. Karachi lost 10 million residents, that's nearly half the previously thought population, that's actually really easy to debunk, if fake. Karachi's administration can do their own city wide census on their own.

Karachi apparently only have 7 million voters in Nadra database in city of 25-30m. Worst ratio then even FATA and Balochistan rural areas. Its very easy to prove half of Karachi wasn't counted if it was actually true.

Punjab population has been reduced by 3% but conspiracy is against Karachi and everyone else lol
read again
upload_2017-8-29_21-31-23.png

This is the last time I am telling you not to quote me if you are hell bent to post in ethnic undertone

Guys assuming population density between Karachi and Lahore is same [this is something you guys living there in the cities can comment on] then the figures given. By using scale comparison Karachi - 14.9 and Lahore -11.1 are about correct. Physical urban agglomeration is used by using satellite imagery. This below is true scale comparison of the physical built environment. Hope this helps.

HPLg4FX.png
Where is bin Qasim in east and Rais goth in west. You are comparing 3,527 km² Karachi vrs 1,772 km² Lahore. Plus this is not a parameter to calculate Population and if that is the case then Karachi is easily 30m city base on area. Actual population in definitely not correct and if you guys need title of biggest city then this is not correct way. I visited Lahore 6 months back and i know what i am talking about. Stop supporting false reports

read again
View attachment 421718

This is the last time I am telling you not to quote me if you are hell bent to post in ethnic undertone

Stop projecting. 2.13 is growth rate, lower then national average which is 2.4%. For that reason punjab share reduced to 52.95% from 55.62%.

Lahore division growth rate 2.55 vs Karachi 2.6.

Where is bin Qasim in east and Rais goth in west. You are comparing 3,527 km² Karachi vrs 1,772 km² Lahore. Plus this is not a parameter to calculate Population and if that is the case then Karachi is easily 30m city base on area. Actual population in definitely not correct and if you guys need title of biggest city then this is not correct way. I visited Lahore 6 months back and i know what i am talking about. Stop supporting false reports
What f* you rambling on about. Did you friggin go around counting people when you 'visited' Lahore and then you fcuking did the same for Karachi you class A assbo. Why the hell did the government do a census if you a one man census machine?

All I did was used a more objective measure to give a insight - it's called sizing the "built environment to give measure to the relative urban spawl of both cities. Aggregate population is measure of urban sprawl [area] by density. I can use satellite image ascertain density but the urban spawl can be seen. Karachi urban built area is about 25% greater than Lahore. Now that means all things consider equal the population should also be 25% greater. But chances are Karachi has higher density to that would have to be factored into the equation. But Karachi from the satellite images looks no where like 2.5 times Lahore.

And I will say it again the census figures appear correct. So live with that. Oh no let me guess. There was "sazish"?

Here below is a good comparison tool. I ask @Joe Shearer @Penguin as impartial observers to give their thoughts [city stats given below] once they have looked at the satellite imagery of both cities. Do these figure look plausible?

Comparison site. Input the cities/then navigate/scale remains constant. http://util.io/compare-maps

Karachi - 14.9 million
Lahore - 11.1 million

L1DOVrI.jpg
They look plausible to me. And consistent with the imagery.

So do you think -

(i) figures are indeed incorrect
(ii) there was incompetence in enumeration
(iii) there was foul play in enumeration
(iv) if so who was behind foul play and what was the motive?
Who would gain, how? Evidence?

What f* you rambling on about. Did you friggin go around counting people when you 'visited' Lahore and then you fcuking did the same for Karachi you class A assbo. Why the hell did the government do a census if you a one man census machine?

All I did was used a more objective measure to give a insight - it's called sizing the "built environment to give measure to the relative urban spawl of both cities. Aggregate population is measure of urban sprawl [area] by density. I can use satellite image ascertain density but the urban spawl can be seen. Karachi urban built area is about 25% greater than Lahore. Now that means all things consider equal the population should also be 25% greater. But chances are Karachi has higher density to that would have to be factored into the equation. But Karachi from the satellite images looks no where like 2.5 times Lahore.

And I will say it again the census figures appear correct. So live with that. Oh no let me guess. There was "sazish"?
If you don't know what logic mean then you batter shut your mouth. Next time when ever address me, behave properly. This time i just press report button

Punjab population percentage reduced by 3% but They have no problem. Kpk and baluchistan havent shown any discontent on census results.

The problem is with sindh.
Sindh is the only province where rural population is less than urban population. Due to quota system , tug of war, both urban and rural sindh are crying like babies.

In 1998 karachi had population of 9.34 million. No sane mathematics can make it 30+ in 19 years.

Last edited:
https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2018/03/pakistan-has-over-100-million-registered-voters-ecp/

ISLAMABAD:The number of registered voters in the country has reached 104,267,581 with 58.463,228 male and 45,804,353 female voters.

According to statistics of preliminary electoral rolls-2018 shared by the Election Commission of Pakistan on Thursday, out of total registered voters 59,740,095 were from Punjab, 22,066,558 voters were from Sindh, 15,239,571 voters from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 4,194,311 voters from Balochistan, 2,296,849 voters from FATA and 730,197 voters from federal capital.

It said that in Punjab, the male voters were 33,294,012 while female voters were 26,446,083. In Sindh the male voters were 12,275,322 while female voters were 9,791,236.

Similarly, in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa the male voters were 8,690,376 while the female voters were 6,549,195. In Balochistan the male voters were 2,428,370 while the female voters were 1,765,941.

In FATA the male voters were 1,386,032 while the female voters were 910,817. In federal capital the male voters were
389,116 while the female voters were 341,081. – APP

Back
Top Bottom