What's new

At 90pc, census data shows ‘dip’ in Karachi’s population

Increase homes but people are not living it's propaganda of Punjab to show Karachi population less to get more funds seats in parliament
But if you look at growth rates then punjab has lower growth rate than national average how then is punjab manipulating other provinces numbers.

None of the people who are implying in this thread that the population of Karachi has actually decreased due to xyz reason has lived in Karachi over the last 15-20 years and witnessed the uncontrolled urban sprawl. I lived in Karachi for 25 years and also spent time in Lahore and ISL-Pindi. Karachi is multiple folds more populated. You can tell by the area looking at GMaps and then factor in the super high-density areas of North Nazimabad, Gulshan, Clifton and Sohrab Goth etc.

If Karachi was as populated as the census says, the land value in most parts would not be multiples of what it is in Lahore.

It's very clear why this is being done. To increase the proportion of rural votes so PPP can have a landslide. PTI and MQM hail from urban areas and primarily Karachi. This is pre-pre poll rigging.

What a country. claiming that its a democracy but using all tactics of foreign invader and occupiers like india in kashmir and israel in jerusalem to deny rights to its own people., holding its domicile and its cnic.

MQM deserves this only. Really happy seeing MQM like this.
A- if it's bad for Karachi it's bad for Pakistan - and This is not a repeated, cringe statement it's just the way the world works
B- Pashtun nationalist parties are crying cause they want to launch another operation into waziristan - well stop supporting this coalition and at that very instance this government falls

They won't because PTI is their political opponent

MQM and any Karachi based party for that matter should oppose this with everything they got

Best option is stop supporting this coalition and it falls that very instance

They won't cause PTI is their political opponent

PMLN would do everything zardari asks them to do as zardari is what holds this coalition together, without him this whole operation falls apart

Army/zardari relationship is you scratch my back I scratch yours, they're gaining from this whole ordeal
add in Sindhi nationalist fears into the mix

Rubbish if you go 3 am night you find people Hussle everywhere from 8am to 12 pm Karachi roads are jammed I think they are calculating Karachi population from bharia town to kalır only

Increase homes but people are not living it's propaganda of Punjab to show Karachi population less to get more funds seats in parliament
This Low IQ nigga supports PPP and when his Daddy zardari messes up the census of Karachi blame Punjabis 🤦🏽

Zero political awareness on what's happening and why it's happening 😂

Year 2023 and Pakistan is still struggling to find out the population of Karachi. Seriously. We all know PPP will loose alot of seats if Karachi population is 35Million.

Karachi’s population has only increased in size.

There is a constant influx of Pakistanis from villages and small towns. Heck Kemari is full of Bangladeshi folks. Sorabh Goth is probably bigger than Peshawar in terms of population. And then there is an equation of producing like rabbits.

The reason why Karachi’s population will be kept to a bare minimum is because if they don’t, more local bodies, provincial assemblies, national assemblies seats will be assigned to Karachi. This would mean Karachi voters will hold more sway and reduce PPP stronghold.
KARACHITES deserve this why?

1- division among themselves on ethnic lines
Like mahjir pushtoons and Sindhis /Baloch
2- refusing to act together
3- refusing to vote for their rights
4- refusing to understand what voting power is..instead of supporting more people to get votes in Karachi (i.e legalize illegals living in Karachi as third generation who will never leave the country) they don't want that.

A huge portion of karachi population is made of illegals who can turn Karachi vote bank from 25-30% to well above 40%

KARACHITES deserve this why?

1- division among themselves on ethnic lines
Like mahjir pushtoons and Sindhis /Baloch
2- refusing to act together
That's true, karachiates should unite for Karachi
I saw that with PTI Karachi chapter (although I hear it's leadership sucks)
3- refusing to vote for their rights
4- refusing to understand what voting power is..instead of supporting more people to get votes in Karachi (i.e legalize illegals living in Karachi as third generation who will never leave the country) they don't want that.

A huge portion of karachi population is made of illegals who can turn Karachi vote bank from 25-30% to well above 40%
F bangali, rohingyas and afghans living illegally in Karachi, they should be dumped in the Arabian sea

NO patriotic Pakistani or karachiate should support such actions

That's true, karachiates should unite for Karachi
I saw that with PTI Karachi chapter (although I hear it's leadership sucks)

F bangali, rohingyas and afghans living illegally in Karachi, they should be dumped in the Arabian sea

NO patriotic Pakistani or karachiate should support such actions
Well how are you going to define a Pakistani??
If it's defined as someone whose father was born in Pakistan then they are Pakistani

If it's defined by their heritage then I think 1/3 of Pakistanis have their heritage outside of Pakistan

Illegals need to be divided into two groups
First group (1st generation & second generation) needs to be deported and second group(third and fourth generation) needs to be given papers and nationality

Otherwise you will have a problem that will continue to grow and grow and ultimately a collapse ...crime rate will go up more people will die and economy will wither

Can you Deport the third and fourth generation..no ..not with out being called a apathreid state..

Hence why noone dares to do anything about it

Not doing something will mean more misery

Hard to believe how third generation bengalis are bengalis they don't even know a single thing about bengaldesh or Bengali langauge!

This Low IQ nigga supports PPP and when his Daddy zardari messes up the census of Karachi blame Punjabis 🤦🏽

Zero political awareness on what's happening and why it's happening 😂
Establishment is the one who uses it what benefit zardari has by showing low census what benefits him to show more population to get more seats in sindh

Going where? So many people could not have left the country. Megacities are the ultimate destination of most intra-country immigration and Karachi is like the ultimate megacity.

That would be Lahore. A know many Karachi residents who have moved to Lahore in the passed ten years.

So basically feudal grip on Karachi will be worse than before.

Who can believe the population of Karachi decreased over the past few years.
What? How will it help anyone? If anything it's the provincial govt who will get a smaller share, directly impacting Karachi n anyone who is elected by it.

Census is still going on in parts of the country where work is not complete.It will go on until 20 April. So far its said that over 230 million people have been enumerated

The only way I would believe this census if I was tied to a chair waiting for my turn a 3rd degree torture.

Seriously 15% population decline is no joke, how come the entire serena, gulshan, gulistan-e-jauhar area remains in a jam every day?

Also, where did those people go? We could make assumptions based on change in population based on ethnicity and check if the population unusually increased in other provinces. Like if punjabi Population drops in district east then punjab should also had an increased population growth.

PPP is desperate to grab power here

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom