What's new

23 Amazing Facts About The Indian Railways You Never Knew

nai me chain kheench ke uttar jaati hu.8-)
I was serious, I 've travelled in that train and I've posted some pics of it on this forum too. :)
No what I meant was Trains like Rajdhani or Duronto offen stop at some stations for food and water supply
The trains stop at those stations regularly but those are not stops that means you can't book tickets from there or to there

And aap chain kheench ke bhi uttar sakti hain......I know you certainly can :partay:

No what I meant was Trains like Rajdhani or Duronto offen stop at some stations for food and water supply
The trains stop at those stations regularly but those are not stops that means you can't book tickets from there or to there
Oh right!
I think I had some issue regarding this and so we were asked to book tickets from a diff station, though we were allowed to board from the station of our choice....or something to that effect.
And aap chain kheench ke bhi uttar sakti hain......I know you certainly can :partay:
I can...but I don't :coffee:
lol

Wait what? I was being serious here.
Wherever India is better than us I agree with it upfront and don't try to ridicule minor mistakes.
Anyways since our current Railway Minister is very proactive in next 5 years we actually might end up outperforming Indian Railways. :D
Only race that Pak-India should do is development race and not arms race.

Ohhh,well catching up with our Railways will not be a difficult task if you are really determined since we are not much better & for the past decade every single Budget of our railways was Populist but now we have also got a good Railway minister & Does Pakistan has any project under construction comparable to this

Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both Rajdhani and Duronto have Pantry cars that carry pre-packed meals that is loaded from IRCTC base kitchens from originating stations. these meals are for 2 and 3 AC tier passengers, for 1 AC passengers, meals are cooked on PC. Their stops are usually decided based on passenger load at a station. Durontos btw donot have any commercial stops between starting and terminating stations although they do stop fro staff change and cleaning, meaning you cannot book tickets from any of intermediate stations nor can you board the train.

NDLS Ahmedabad Rajdhani PC
adirajpantrycar.jpg

Dinner and Soup served on First AC coach of Rajdhani Express
Evening Tea
High-Tea1.jpg

Dinner & Soup
dinner-spread1.jpg

Breakfast3.jpg

Breakfast
cornflakes-in-the-morning1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'll look it up. What a beautiful country India is. Well, our whole subcontinent is.

Heartwarming comment, thank you.

Wherever India is better than us I agree with it upfront and don't try to ridicule minor mistakes.
Anyways since our current Railway Minister is very proactive in next 5 years we actually might end up outperforming Indian Railways. :D

Nice sentiments bro, Indian railways badly need overhaul because of the cash deficit.

It is amazing in the fact that India is home to 1.3 billion, a lot of them use the railways. It is a behemoth and I do not envy the railway department.

The longest railway platefom in the world is Gorakhpur Railway Station some 150 kms from my native place. Does anyone have a pic to share?
My most amazing unforgettable rail journey was during my college days when I travelled with my friends from Lohardagga to Ranchi on the rooftop of a coal engine train. I witnessed a family waving at the train in the middle of nowhere and the train stopped to pick them. When we got down in Ranchi we were coated with black dust. I shared this fact with my parents after marriage but still got the same scolding that I deserved years ago.
I think there is a railway in every Indian's life.

You are also from Gorakhpur, I am from Gorakhpur & my native village is 40 KM from Gorakhpur City
img_4947.jpg

The longest railway platefom in the world is Gorakhpur Railway Station some 150 kms from my native place. Does anyone have a pic to share?
My most amazing unforgettable rail journey was during my college days when I travelled with my friends from Lohardagga to Ranchi on the rooftop of a coal engine train. I witnessed a family waving at the train in the middle of nowhere and the train stopped to pick them. When we got down in Ranchi we were coated with black dust. I shared this fact with my parents after marriage but still got the same scolding that I deserved years ago.
You are also from Gorakhpur, I am from Gorakhpur & my native village is 40 KM from Gorakhpur City
img_4947.jpg
Thanks for the pic. Could you post the pic of the longest plateform. I am not from Gorakhpur,my village is near Utraula.

Thanks for the pic. Could you post the pic of the longest plateform. I am not from Gorakhpur,my village is near Utraula.

I didn't have sky view picture of GKP Railway platform but here is its detail

The Top 6 Longest Railway Platforms of India

I'd say toofan exp. and Magadh express are worse than guwhati-tvc express.

20 years atleast (if we stop the development of railways which is practically impossible)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom