What's new

'300 Taliban suicide bombers on way to Islamabad,' claim Pakistan officials

*-City Of Bradford-*

New Recruit

Reaction score
300 suicide bombers are on their way to Islamabad, Pakistan and plan to attack the capital and certain local officials of foreign embassies there, Interior Ministry sources said.

The suicide bombers also plan to attack Rawalpindi and Lahore and are being led by five top Taliban commanders who are close aides of Baitullah Mehsud, the leader of the country's unified Taliban movement, according to the sources.

Troops of Airport Security Force stand on alert at Islamabad airport. Interior Ministry sources said 300 suicide bombers are on their way to the capital

The commanders have left North Waziristan for Islamabad and would supervise the terrorist operations planned by Baitullah Mehsud in these cities, the sources added.

Pakistan's Interior Secretary Syed Kamal Shah confirmed the report, saying that security measures had been adopted to thwart such threats. The law enforcement agencies have planned counter strategies to deal with the situation, the secretary said.

Kamal Shah added that the Northern Areas Scouts (NAS), a paramilitary force under the Army command, would reach Islamabad within a couple of days to help the civil administration in maintaining peace in the capital.

The sources said an intelligence agency provided information to the government regarding the Taliban activities, alleging that simultaneous suicide bombings followed by sniper attacks could occur.

The five Taliban commanders are identified by intelligence agencies as Shikaari, Inayatullah, Walid, Mujahid and Abdali, Interior Ministry sources said. They said all the terrorist commanders were close aides of Baitullah Mehsud.

A security officer said the Taliban commanders had left North Waziristan on April 11 for Islamabad, along with an explosives-laden Toyota Corolla. But the law-enforcement agencies were totally unaware whether they had reached their destination or postponed their operation, the officer said.

Quoting the intelligence report, the source said about 300 terrorist shooters and suicide bombers would reach Islamabad, along with the five commanders.

To counter serious threats to Islamabad, the federal government has called troops of the NAS to assist the civil administration to protect prominent personalities as well as sensitive installations of the capital city, the Interior Ministry sources said.

'At least 20 companies of the NAS are required to deal with the possible untoward situation,' the source said.

I would post the source but I won't let me. But it's from the Daily Mail UK, a Middle Market British Newspaper.

Anyone know if their is any truth in this?

Its high time these leaders are hunted down soon as possible.

Damn..This sucks.You can't even take out suicide bombers properly as they blow themselves up.Maybe PA should deploy Snipers (official buildings, embassies, etc..)all over Islamabad...What do you guys think?

If this is the case, I would be very worried.

I really wish the Pakistan Army, would forget about India, their so called Number One Enemy. What threat is India posing to Pakistan right now?

Surely the Taliban are posing more a threat to the country right now than India. I'm assuming the Army just Can't be asked.

Damn..This sucks.You can't even take out suicide bombers properly as they blow themselves up.Maybe PA should deploy Snipers (official buildings, embassies, etc..)all over Islamabad...What do you guys think?

Islamabad is right now very important to Pakistan (home to Official buildings..embassies ect). They need to put check points on the Islamabad Borders, make sure nothing dangerous gets into there.

Also maybe do a simular thing to Lahore, but Islamabad is much more of a priority.

Islamabad is right now very important to Pakistan (home to Official buildings..embassies ect). They need to put check points on the Islamabad Borders, make sure nothing dangerous gets into there.

Also maybe do a simular thing to Lahore, but Islamabad is much more of a priority.
but there has to be a proper strategy otherwise check points will be considered suicide points for security forces as talibans will blow themselves as soon as security forces check them.

If this is the case, I would be very worried.

I really wish the Pakistan Army, would forget about India, their so called Number One Enemy. What threat is India posing to Pakistan right now?

Surely the Taliban are posing more a threat to the country right now than India. I'm assuming the Army just Can't be asked.
A major offensive is expected.Army has started opeartion few days ago in Tribal Areas.We should immediately seal/fence and patrol our Afghanistan no matter what frikin Hamid karzai says.We should do it now and then crush talibans within our borders.Anyway, Army just hire a proper PR company if it wants to go ahead with full scale opeartion.

but there has to be a proper strategy otherwise check points will be considered suicide points for security forces as talibans will blow themselves as soon as security forces check them.

Well I can't think of anything better, at least it prevents them from entering the city.

Maybe have barriers on the city borders, the security people control these barriers and stay in Bomb Proof Transparant Cubicles while they Electronically Scan the Cars, any sign of Terroist material of weapons, they need to be shot with Taser Guns so we can have them alive, get bomb and weapons disposil teams in and there we go. But this method has flaws aswell.

i think their target will not be common people this time but army and para forces or it might be a diversion for something big.

WAR is about to start ....ready for some action

i think their target will not be common people this time but army and para forces or it might be a diversion for something big.

WAR is about to start ....ready for some action

Inshalla, the Pakistan Army will thrash these mindless twats to bits. We will show the world how to get rid of the Taliban and America will Watch and Learn:pakistan:

Nice to hear , A total Pain in pakistan ***!

Now i know how helpless these people are. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Ask your DAD India to help, we can help you out from taliban.

I thought the dad was the British Raj. Meh, we don't need Indias help, surely the 7th Largest Army in the world can cope with this?

I am generally amused at statement of our Ministry of Interior such as the one above. Amazingly they know the exact number of bombers; they also know that they are 'on the way' to Islamabad or Lahore or Karachi and yet they are incapable of taking pre-emptive action to prevent this from happening in the first place. Rehman Malik is a certifiable idiot who thinks that even if one suicide bomber explodes himself in Islamabad or any other city they could take the credit of 'stopping' the 299 who did not make it through??

Generally such information is tapped through cell and satellite phone intercepts using triangulation of accuracy up to 50m or so. Why not give the coordinates to the Army and beat the $hit out the @-hole relaying the message? I would not surprised if the Taliban knowingly have a guy sitting on the sat phone or mobile phone or a radio relaying such information just for the heck of it!

My pinch of salt is always ready to bear such contant cr@p coming out of the likes of Rehman Malik.

I am generally amused at statement of our Ministry of Interior such as the one above. Amazingly they know the exact number of bombers; they also know that they are 'on the way' to Islamabad or Lahore or Karachi and yet they are incapable of taking pre-emptive action to prevent this from happening in the first place. Rehman Malik is a certifiable idiot who thinks that even if one suicide bomber explodes himself in Islamabad or any other city they could take the credit of 'stopping' the 299 who did not make it through??

Generally such information is tapped through cell and satellite phone intercepts using triangulation of accuracy up to 50m or so. Why not give the coordinates to the Army and beat the $hit out the @-hole relaying the message? I would not surprised if the Taliban knowingly have a guy sitting on the sat phone or mobile phone or a radio relaying such information just for the heck of it!

My pinch of salt is always ready to bear such contant cr@p coming out of the likes of Rehman Malik.

Agreed, I bet he's corrupt as well, like many of the important Pakistani people. He's probably part of the Taliban, or paid by America to mess up. Atleast employ someone who actually cares about Pakistan instead of this twat:undecided:

He should be sacked for failing to give Benazir Bhutto the security that she so importantly needed. It has probably him who was behind the assonation in the first place. Probably paid by the Taliban to give her lax security lol.

Inshalla, the Pakistan Army will thrash these mindless twats to bits. We will show the world how to get rid of the Taliban and America will Watch and Learn:pakistan:

i hope so peace will win.

but i have question for you. if Pakistan wins this war and magically every thing goes perfect then will Pakistan support armed "freedom fighting" in Kashmir by supplying men and logistics?

i hope so peace will win.

but i have question for you. if Pakistan wins this war and magically every thing goes perfect then will Pakistan support armed "freedom fighting" in Kashmir by supplying men and logistics?

Well its obviously up to the Corrupt Pakistani Govnerment. But personally I wouln't support them, but I wouldn't make it illegal either. The people of Kashmir are living in a open prison :blah:

But what do I know about Pakistan? Nothing. And I'm not a Pakistani Citizen either, whether I think they should support these groups or not, it doesn't really matter at all.

But, we should be competing against India not fighting against them. I am amazed how much India has grown compared to Pakistan. Sort out the Taliban, Electricity, Education, and the Corrupt Govnerment then we can get back on track to be a succesfull country.

Back
Top Bottom