What's new

72 per cent Americans view India favourably: Poll

Speaking for myself, I view India in a mainly positive view. Would like to travel there one day in the near future. Unlike some bellicose hyper-nationalists here, I won't paint an entire culture/ethnicity of people with a broad brush. Just like I would hope people wouldn't be delusional enough to assume that all Americans think and act the same.

Bellicose hypernationalist can differentiate between common man and the establishment.

Speaking for myself, I view India in a mainly positive view. Would like to travel there one day in the near future. Unlike some bellicose hyper-nationalists here, I won't paint an entire culture/ethnicity of people with a broad brush. Just like I would hope people wouldn't be delusional enough to assume that all Americans think and act the same.
The Indians will paint Americans with a broad brush anyway, no matter how fair you want to be to them. Right now, most Americans have a favorable view of India and Indians simply because there is no culture clash -- yet. But there will be more of the 'bellicose hyper-nationalists' expressing their views and India will come to regret alienating the American public.

The Indians will paint Americans with a broad brush anyway, no matter how fair you want to be to them. Right now, most Americans have a favorable view of India and Indians simply because there is no culture clash -- yet. But there will be more of the 'bellicose hyper-nationalists' expressing their views and India will come to regret alienating the American public.

Point taken.

I am sure 70% Americans even don't know where india is or even pakistan is.

LOL,yeah i read somewhere that some Americans think that we are in middle east.
Hehehe yes and some of them even don't know where England is. I saw a video on YouTube. So I don't believe in these surveys they always take sample. I have read stats so I know how they do it. Hehheeh

Mate, after living in US I have seen, that there is a misconception in the American definition of Asian. Most kids (Americans) in my college, thought that Middle East is a continent, this mistake is generally due to the news agencies in US and because of the War on terror. On news they will never say Asia rather the middle east, which confuses a lot of people. Secondly, some people here have this image of a East Asian person as being what all Asians look like. While if you show them a pic of someone from India or Pakistan of that matter, they will say that the person is middle eastern and not Asian. It is mainly because of misinformation, and the way things are presented to people here in US that makes this thing very confusing.

Well hopefully they learn where you are by the time you need their help taking on China and Pakistan for your sake of course, else all supplies and help will go to the middle east!

Well hopefully they learn where you are by the time you need their help taking on China and Pakistan for your sake of course, else all supplies and help will go to the middle east!
We are not like Pakistan who needs someones help for even small things,we can take care of our country ourselves.

We are not like Pakistan who needs someones help for even small things,we can take care of our country ourselves.
Oh no don't say that, you're comment is hurting my feelings lol.......From my comment above I have no idea what made you assume I'd actually be offended by such a remark. What's true is true. Pakistan has issues that it needs to deal with and India will need the US's help against China's hegemonic ambitions. simple, absolutely no bias bro.

Oh no don't say that, you're comment is hurting my feelings lol.......From my comment above I have no idea what made you assume I'd actually be offended by such a remark. What's true is true. Pakistan has issues that it needs to deal with and India will need the US's help against China's hegemonic ambitions. simple, absolutely no bias bro.
LOLz okay,no hard feelings. :cheers:
I assumed that by supplies you meant aids(in monetary terms) which is very offensive.
Yeah we need America's help to counter China but only Technologically and not in monetary terms.

LOLz okay,no hard feelings. :cheers:
I assumed that by supplies you meant aids(in monetary terms) which is very offensive.
Yeah we need America's help to counter China but only Technologically and not in monetary terms.

Of course not, don't worry.
No, there is nothing to be taken offensively....it would be in India's best political interest to counter China with the US's help, it's that simple. It's all politics at the end of the day be it in India or Pakistan. Everyone is just looking out for his back and may the best players win.

There is much stronger anti-U.S. sentiment in both the Indian government and the Indian populace than most Americans would ever realize. The U.S. might well be better off with Pakistan as an ally, far more so, indeed. Now that Russia has long since abandoned them, what other choice do the Indians have but to turn to the West for aid?

Of course not, don't worry.
No, there is nothing to be taken offensively....it would be in India's best political interest to counter China with the US's help, it's that simple. It's all politics at the end of the day be it in India or Pakistan. Everyone is just looking out for his back and may the best players win.

There are no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests. But, truly, Pakistan needs China as much as China needs Pakistan, the relationship is a strategically viable and a mutually beneficial one in the long-term.

Last edited:
There is much stronger anti-U.S. sentiment in both the Indian government and the Indian populace than most Americans would ever realize. The U.S. might well be better off with Pakistan as an ally, far more so, indeed. Now that Russia has long since abandoned them, what other choice do the Indians have but to turn to the West for aid?

There are no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests. But, truly, Pakistan needs China as much as China needs Pakistan, the relationship is a strategically viable and a mutually beneficial one in the long-term.

Agreed!

72 per cent Americans view India favourably: Poll - The Economic Times

WASHINGTON: Seventy-two per cent Americans view India favourably - a four per cent increase from last year - while North Korea has become the country least liked in the US, according to an annual Gallup poll.

The poll also found that only 17 per cent Americans view Pakistan favourably, while China fares better with 43 per cent Americans having a favourable opinion of the country.

The Gallup's 2014 World Affairs poll found that 72 per cent Americans had a favourable opinion of ..

Read more at:
72 per cent Americans view India favourably: Poll - The Economic Times

I don't understand.

So basically US citizens don't consider India as superpower rival?

I don't know if this is a good news at all...

of course, threatless. :)

Actually India has a lot of capabilities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom