What's new

9/11 Families 'Ecstatic' They Can Finally Sue Saudi Arabia

Tihamah

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks today celebrated a federal court's ruling that allows relatives of people who died in the 9/11 terror Families attack to sue Saudi Arabia.

Most of the hijackers who attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in 2001 were from Saudi Arabia, and the complaint states that much of the funding for the al-Qaeda terrorists came from Saudi Arabia.

An attempt to Saudi Arabia in 2002 was blocked by a federal court ruling that said the kingdom had sovereign immunity. That ruling was reversed Thursday by a three-judge federal panel.

"I'm ecstatic.... For 12 years we've been fighting to expose the people who financed those bastards," said William Doyle, the father of Joseph Doyle, 25, a Cantor-Fitzgerald employee who was killed in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.

"Christmas has come early to the 9/11 families. We're going to have our day in court," he told ABCNews.com.

The ruling struck down an earlier decision that found Saudi Arabia immune from lawsuits. The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said it's in the "interests of justice" to allow them to proceed.

Families who lost loved ones in the Sept. 11 attacks and insurers who lost billions of dollars covering damaged businesses have alleged Saudi Arabia bankrolled al-Qaeda, knowing the money would be used for terrorism.

The lawsuit, filed a decade ago by the Philadelphia firm Cozen O'Connor, accuses the Saudi government and members of the royal family of serving on charities that financed al-Qaeda operations.

9/11 Families 'Ecstatic' They Can Finally Sue Saudi Arabia - ABC News

another stabb in the back for Saudi Arabia by Obama adminstration, the federal court blocked any case against Saudi Arabia for 12 years, but with Obama in power every thing is changing quickly against SA.

Saudi Arabia have about 1 trillion USD in US banks, what if the US freeze these assests and say it is reparations for the victims on 9-11?

What will we do?

This is what our goverment get for putting all of our eggs in one basket in this case the american basket.

USA is a evil friend for sure...

There is no connection between 9/11 & KSA Government. Family don't want some justice or something for their relatives.. They are interested only in Money. If someone these family wants sue, they should sue USA government, USA Security Agencies who failed intercept these attacks, USA Airport management who let these people to hijack these plans, and on the top CIA, who didn't listen to Russian & German Intelligence reports. KSA Government has nothing to do with it..

Families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks today celebrated a federal court's ruling that allows relatives of people who died in the 9/11 terror Families attack to sue Saudi Arabia.

Most of the hijackers who attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in 2001 were from Saudi Arabia, and the complaint states that much of the funding for the al-Qaeda terrorists came from Saudi Arabia.

An attempt to Saudi Arabia in 2002 was blocked by a federal court ruling that said the kingdom had sovereign immunity. That ruling was reversed Thursday by a three-judge federal panel.

"I'm ecstatic.... For 12 years we've been fighting to expose the people who financed those bastards," said William Doyle, the father of Joseph Doyle, 25, a Cantor-Fitzgerald employee who was killed in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.

"Christmas has come early to the 9/11 families. We're going to have our day in court," he told ABCNews.com.

The ruling struck down an earlier decision that found Saudi Arabia immune from lawsuits. The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said it's in the "interests of justice" to allow them to proceed.

Families who lost loved ones in the Sept. 11 attacks and insurers who lost billions of dollars covering damaged businesses have alleged Saudi Arabia bankrolled al-Qaeda, knowing the money would be used for terrorism.

The lawsuit, filed a decade ago by the Philadelphia firm Cozen O'Connor, accuses the Saudi government and members of the royal family of serving on charities that financed al-Qaeda operations.

9/11 Families 'Ecstatic' They Can Finally Sue Saudi Arabia - ABC News

another stabb in the back for Saudi Arabia by Obama adminstration, the federal court blocked any case against Saudi Arabia for 12 years, but with Obama in power every thing is changing quickly against SA.

Saudi Arabia have about 1 trillion USD in US banks, what if the US freeze these assests and say it is reparations for the victims on 9-11?

What will we do?

This is what our goverment get for putting all of our eggs in one basket in this case the american basket.

Since the time US has become less dependent on imported oil they have been backstabbing KSA forgetting how KSA had always rescued them by keeping the oil prices stable. I think KSA should realise the change and take appropriate measures to balance US influence. My suggestion would be to strengthen GCC and increased ties with China.

Since the time US has become less dependent on imported oil they have been backstabbing KSA forgetting how KSA had always rescued them by keeping the oil prices stable. I think KSA should realise the change and take appropriate measures to balance US influence. My suggestion would be to strengthen GCC and increased ties with China.

I agree with you, but do you know who made the US become less energy dependant? it is KSA by keeping oil prices so high over 85$ which allowed the US to dig for oil in inconventional regions with incoventional methods.

i'm angry on the way our goverment is depending on the US, even our foriegn cash reserves most of it is in the US, SA shouldn't reply on any way, we should have been already an industrial and military power since decades ago if our goverment wanted that, instead of looting our money and spending it on foriegn countries.

I agree with you, but do you know who made the US become less energy dependant? it is KSA by keeping oil prices so high over 85$ which allowed the US to dig for oil in inconventional regions with incoventional methods.

i'm angry on the way our goverment is depending on the US, even our foriegn cash reserves most of it is in the US, SA shouldn't reply on any way, we should have been already an industrial and military power since decades ago if our goverment wanted that, instead of looting our money and spending it on foriegn countries.

Think about the US military bases in and around your country.

If the people of Saudi Arabia should rebel against the rulers and demand democracy, which side do you think all those guns will point?

You know how much KSA can screw US if for instance they do a currency swap agreement with China? And persuade other GCC to do the same:)

Dollar will start to lose it's exclusivity as reserve currency. But timing is of essence too late and most major energy consumer will be using local shale gas and oil China included and KSA will lose all it's leverage.

Karma is a B*tch........ :rofl::rofl:
and who knows like 9/11 some one bomb BIG BLACK BOX

@mods, keep sleeping:)

Last edited:

Who told you we've become less dependent on imported oil? Yes, we have natural reserves but that doesn't mean we will use them up right away.

They will continue to get oil imported as they can for another few decades maybe more because that will be an better option to save the oil for later.

And I've told Saudi Arabians over and over again side with us, don't side with America. Even I as an American have warned people from this country.

Keep in mind, the 9-11 Commission report is a load of fabrications. Suddenly, they say there is a classified section that blames Saudi Arabia for funding and directing the attack. Do you see where these crazy people are going? Do you see how they want to destroy you?

I'm very sure Israel and the Mossad have a connection in this attack which of course will be censored and no such information would be allowed in the report. Our White House is not controlled by normal Americans anymore, we literally have Jews left and right, in the federal reserve, national security advisors, politicians, in the CIA, department of homeland security...even the Lockheed and other military industries.

This country is in a state where we will not know the truth. And keep in mind I know normal Jews as well. That's not my point to come up with a conspiracy. It's just they simply have been getting away with so much and having too much privileges in this nation which is a sign they are the most powerful here.

Think about the US military bases in and around your country.

I don't believe there's any US bases in Saudi Arabia, we booted them back in early 2003, around Saudi Arabia ? Yes.

If the people of Saudi Arabia should rebel against the rulers and demand democracy, which side do you think all those guns will point?

Majority of Saudi people are quite happy about the rulers of Araba, why should we revolt ?

-------------------------------------------------------------

On topic, tell the families of 9/11 to cry a long river of tears for all we care, but to clear things up for those who are interested then watch this interview with Prince Bander shortly after the towers got knocked down:

Last edited:
how can saudi arab be responsible, they did not sponsor the 9/11 , right?

how can saudi arab be responsible, they did not sponsor the 9/11 , right?

There's no evidence regarding that ...but the commission report is implying that. To be honest the report is full of nonsense, I wouldn't take that document seriously.

I guess killing a million people in Iraq and Afghanistan didn't satisfy them them enough.

I don't believe there's any US bases in Saudi Arabia, we booted them back in early 2003, around Saudi Arabia ? Yes.

Majority of Saudi people are quite happy about the rulers of Araba, why should we revolt ?

-------------------------------------------------------------

On topic, tell the families of 9/11 to cry a long river of tears for all we care, but to clear things up for those who are interested then watch this interview with Prince Bander shortly after the towers got knocked down:

:tup:

Indeed, let them cry oceans for all I care. KSA should not pay anyone for something they as a country/government have nothing to do with.

Who cares about some judges in a federal court? What international authority do they have?

UN or nothing.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom