What's new

9 Pakistan Army Soldiers killed in North Waziristan IED blast.

You are very wrong there, I think you confused the Rashtria Rifles with the NSG. The NSG is a (relatively) small force for counter terrorism and hostage rescue, but the RR is a full fledged counter insurgency force, with 80,000 personnel. It has had phenomenal success in quelling the Kashmir insurgency, while ensuring that the army doesn't get mired in internal conflicts, and retains its warfighting abilities, rather than developing tactics and doctrines for CI and practicing for that.

Frankly I think Pakistan should also look into developing a dedicated CI force on the lines of India's RR, so that its army can remain battle ready to face external threats, and not be bogged down fighting its own people all the time. Counter insurgency requires very different skills from warfighting. As you said, @Icarus or somebody else may be able to shed more light on that.

About the title of the thread: According to news reports, it was a Frontier corps vehicle that was ambushed, not the PA. Shouldn't the title reflect that?

The RR are the world's largest COIN force, however it must be kept in mind that at the end of the day, they are still draft-overs from the IA. So it's essentially a re-badging for the same force, under a different ministry along with specialized training programs. The PA as a smaller force, can be imparted the same COIN training as a whole force and it will probably be more cost effective than setting up an entirely new set up and that is exactly what's being done. The Army has established a number of specialized COIN Training Centres that are training entire units in LIC and COIN Ops Protocols before induction. This approach has been key in ensuring that all relevant personnel are imparted COIN training and a 'Phased-Training' allows for it to be easy on funds too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some how pak soldiers killed vs taliban get less press than those in LOC,i mean 9 soldiers killed in 1 attack..thats nearly total of loc crossfire deaths.
Anyways RIP.

Back
Top Bottom