What's new

A new realism - A must read for Pakistanis

I appreciate the spirit of this article. But I believe everything is a bit more complicated than it's being presented; and some issues are being blown out of proportion. It's probably quite euphoric to think of Pakistan as being a doobti kashti, but you have to understand that a fair amount of problems we're facing are in some manner related to the War on Terror (you're not fighting this war, nor bearing its devastating consequences); and the majority of the other issues plague both countries.

Of course, it is only too natural that our eastern neighbors would take up each and every chance to malign the only truly competent institution in Pakistan - the military. I just hope that the civilian government starts to seriously face the core issues (economy and education primarily), as they are being actively dealt with in India.

Every nation has it's dark times, and looking at the current events it's evident that these are ours.

Every nation has it's dark times, and looking at the current events it's evident that these are ours.
var dark_
  • nice way to describe Pakistani nation at present

We will make sure your cultural center get fully paid back in Afghanistan in the same currency you have been using for your transactions
I am in. How much are you willing to pay? :D Any currency will do. Except that of Zimbabwe. That no longer exists.

Hmmmm.....All the standard responses have been given already so I will just play prophet:
Pakistan will break before it bends :) and that is the way their citizens want it ....

@levina
Watch doval's video....he explicitly says not to buy the agenda of stable pakistan being in India's interest. He is confident that India can stem the extremist rise...just like we have till now.... just watch his video you ....

Aunty :D

Hmmmm.....All the standard responses have been given already so I will just play prophet:
Pakistan will break before it bends :) and that is the way their citizens want it ....

Problem is, despite their best efforts it has yet to break and every prophecy ends up in the same proverbial gutter of brainfarts as the last 20 times it was supposed to break. So at the end you have some really frustrated citizens who cant seem to break this rather unfortunate land which has them.. and a line of would be prophets who end up having to eat their own foot.

Problem is, despite their best efforts it has yet to break and every prophecy ends up in the same proverbial gutter of brainfarts as the last 20 times it was supposed to break. So at the end you have some really frustrated citizens who cant seem to break this rather unfortunate land which has them.. and a line of would be prophets who end up having to eat their own foot.

At what cost Mr. Oscar .... and whose cost :D.

As far as breaking is concerned you think that breaking is a point in time where you have a state the one day and then you don't. Its actually a progressive degeneration, like atrophy or attrition. But I don't want to debate this,as most Pakistani articles lament the lack of the writ of the state already, but I will say that pak has used it's nuke blackmail very smartly to extend it "life support" time.

This all happening suddenly after Obama's visit to India. Looks like Pakistan is in serious mode to revise their foreign Policy. But the Kashmir craze , is something which has caused Pakistan trouble some years. And due that the implementation of foreign policy remains more military oriented.

At what cost Mr. Oscar .... and whose cost :D.

As far as breaking is concerned you think that breaking is a point in time where you have a state the one day and then you don't. Its a progressive degeneration, like atrophy or attrition. But I don't want to debate this,as most article lament the writ of the state, but I will say that pak has used it's nuke blackmail very smartly to extend it "life support" time.

At unbearable cost, yet bearable too by a massive dosage of less and less effective Morphine.
Yet, so far.. while the state still exists on postage stamps and parades.. it seems to linger on like a weed that refuses to go.. so as far as the life support exists, it will continue to exist no matter prophecies or illusions/delusions.

The day the source of the life support goes, the state will crumble away like a saw dust sculpture.

At unbearable cost, yet bearable too by a massive dosage of less and less effective Morphine.
Yet, so far.. while the state still exists on postage stamps and parades.. it seems to linger on like a weed that refuses to go.. so as far as the life support exists, it will continue to exist no matter prophecies or illusions/delusions.

The day the source of the life support goes, the state will crumble away like a saw dust sculpture.
Something what we engineers call "low level/unstable equilibrium". A much preferred scenario from indian POV.

On a related note, whats your relationship with Bhopal. I'm from there. :D

Luckily Pakistan has enough food, and enough untapped resources to keep it going for next 100 years and still be a pain in India's a$$
Piles do cause pain in da a$s. So you wants to remain as piles.. ?

Something what we engineers call "low level/unstable equilibrium". A much preferred scenario from indian POV.

On a related note, whats your relationship with Bhopal. I'm from there. :D

Grandfather had some time there. Not Bhopali as such, just moved there for a while.

I am in. How much are you willing to pay? :D Any currency will do. Except that of Zimbabwe. That no longer exists.

Greedy Kash Miri :D

And on a serious note don't tell me you are another fan of Ajit Doval?

Is he some immortal? Your countrymen seem to lack the idea that countries are there to survive and men and people have to die one day. And expecting too much from a mortal is always a bad idea.

My countrymen most of them are frustrated, pessimistic, depressed lot, who are losing faith in their own countrymen and forces and use some high fi vocabulary to express it here, at this rate I am pretty much sure they will break Pakistan for you without you moving an inch. ;)

Edit: You do realise that your foreign secretary visiting Pakistan is start of you coming back to real world and acknowledging that you were high on something for sometime (may be supa pawa), otherwise changing geopolitics in the region will leave you isolated in this region?

Last edited:
I know very well but you should keep in mind that whenever we talk about respectable subject(family member, religious matter, country etc.) we must use English phrases carefully.
I know you are senior member but here i am not agree with you.

we live in two different cultures and where I live the phrase is considered respectable

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom