What's new

A time will come, Pakistan will Get J-20 as well - Sheikh Rasheed

I can give you many examples, Jf 17 block 3 has the latest Chinese tech on it, both J 10C and JF 17b3 has tech from J20 on them, PL15 and Pl 10 are the latest gen of Chinese air to air missiles, type 41 submarine and type 54AP frigate are the advanced Naval systems and have the latest Chinese systems on board, VT 4 that Pakistan is getting has the latest Chinese tech, HQ 9P is tailor made for Pakistan with advance features.
That's not proof that we have access to ALL Chinese technology if we want.

It's just proof that we've bought Chinese technology, some being high level, which still doesn't equate to their latest top-of-the-line stealth fighter, or their best EW equipment

Tell me why China would possibly offer you the very best they have available?

That's not proof that we have access to ALL Chinese technology if we want.

It's just proof that we've bought Chinese technology, some being high level, which still doesn't equate to their latest top-of-the-line stealth fighter, or their best EW equipment

Tell me why China would possibly offer you the very best they have available?
J10 C is the latest Chinese Jet in 4.5 gen category with tech from J20, PL 15 and pl 10 are not only advance but latest gen of Air to Air weapons on board J 20, J10C and JF 17 both have best EW tech from China, we can have dedicated system like J16 D and others if our forces want, we did not had any need of 5th gen fighter due to many reasons otherwise it would have been in our airforce.
And for your other question, the answer is why not, we are friends, strategic partners and ally, our relationship is time tested and mutually beneficial, China helped us every time we needed, they had our back, they made us militarily strong and self sufficient, China supports us on all our issues internationally and we support them on all their issues.
The more strong Pakistan will be the more benefit China will have as recent regional conflicts showed that, India faced a two way threat from China and Pakistan which forced them to disengage from loc and also not to escalate with China, Indian policy makers are in constant threat of two way war which they cannot win. Pakistan also supported China in East China Sea by sending warships for joint Naval exercise. If any conflict of China happens Pakistan will be supporting China.

Indians to Sh. Rasheed....
singham-cheating-karta-hai-tu-768x432.jpg

Indeed ... the video is real:

Let's wait and see ... I stand to my statement. I don't expect to see a Pakistani J-20 in my lifetime, and if so, then I will open a bottle of Champagne to celebrate this acquisition and openly apologise for being wrong. But hey, I never thought Russia would start a war based on faked claims like the US did ... times are changing quickly at the moment, so let's wait and see.
@Deino
You are yet young and will probably see this induction if it comes about. Interestingly this line of thought is not new. We had an interview with a retired AM of PAF 2-3 years ago which seemed to suggest that rather than J31/35 PAF MAYBE MORE INTERESTED IN j20s. Whether this interest transits into a sale or indeed fruition remains to be seen. I don't see this happening anytime soon at least 5 -8 years in the future and I think by that time the J20 may not remain as sacrosanct as it is today. Even from a strategic perspective 2 squadrons of J20 transferred at a suitable time may put Mother India in a bind and preserving her Sari from being soiled. Considering the pressures on the F35 sales, any acquisition by IAF will require quite a few adjustments and there is nothing else in the market for IAF to buy. The strain from the Ukraine assault will pressure reserves of Russia and cause projects to get further delayed. There may be a window of time in which IAF could be subjugated. However, there are a lot of ifs and buts and what happens 5-8 years down the line can only be guessed at not known. All I can say is that J20 acquisition remains on the PAF radars.
A

Pata nahi raho ga ya nahi raho ga is all jazbati siyasi talk, he has been saying it as long as I can remember.
The point is not if the j20 are comming to PAF tomorrow or not. But the point is wt me n some other members have been saying all along n that is that any thing n every thing is available to Pakistan of Chinese origin.
The way things r progressing very soon so will be every thing that Russia has to offer.
This line of thought need to be tempered. We know that to be untrue. The news is that till 32018 the J10 was totally and utterly out of bounds. Post 2018 it came into the picture. This is despite Musharraf's contract with the Chinese. So currently J20 remains out of bounds. However things do not remain static and are dynamic and scientific developments and progress means what was sacrosanct yesterday becomes common today. I suspect military hardware is the same. The beauty of Sino-Pak relations is Pakistan will never ask our brothers to provide that which they are uncomfortable providing. This is where the confusion occurs. So you will get 054s but only when they have built enough for local consumption, 039s rather than the latest subs. There will be introduction of capabilities to suite Pakistan's needs but this is mutually beneficial as this then backtracks into Chinese developmental cycle.
A

He is not claiming anything, just doing a motivational talk.
I am surprised he knows about J-20 ,and didn't call ut JS 20
But called it J20C

Last edited:
J-20 acquisition will be dependent on how J-10C performs in terms of capabilities, performance, maintenance and availability wise over the years.

TFX is also on the table which I think Pakistan is eyeing.

Nope, I don't see China giving away the J-20 this early, it is their own top-line fighter currently.

If they do, that will be a big statement regarding how close the two countries truly are.
I think you have to think of it as a hedged bet. Nothing is for certain as we are predicting a 5-10 year future event .
The bugbear of the TFX is the engine. If the engine conundrum is resolved PAF may well jump on that bandwagon. If not we have a matured platform with our allies. PAF is on record saying the TFX is ideal for their needs, but will it be ready in time?
So the J20 remains and insurance against setbacks in the Turkish/PAF program.
A

Pervaiz Khattuk opposition ky bundey torney mein laga hua hai aaj kul that is why SR has to do defense ministry job as well lol
Sheikh saheb remians close to the Army boys so he gets to hear such news and possibly also gets used as a conduit for releasing such news. However i would not doubt his news.
A

Somebody please remove him from national security council meetings.

Last time he said we have adha/poney kilo atom bombs.

I am pretty sure he meant 0.5/0.75 KT bombs.

He is trouble.
Bhai puranay waqt kay log hain sair aor Paoon ke he baat karaingay. :woot:. What he meant is miniaturized Nukes which is a reality and a known fact

Pata nahi raho ga ya nahi raho ga is all jazbati siyasi talk, he has been saying it as long as I can remember.
The point is not if the j20 are comming to PAF tomorrow or not. But the point is wt me n some other members have been saying all along n that is that any thing n every thing is available to Pakistan of Chinese origin.
The way things r progressing very soon so will be every thing that Russia has to offer.
@MastanKhan has been quite vocal about this.

I think title is a bit disingenuous
"He said in the future we may get J-20"

It's along those lines not that we will get J-20 for sure or it's coming in some months or even couple of years

Not to mention he is a known loud mouth

Back
Top Bottom