What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

More helicopters might make a difference as to the speed of this deployment but I don't see how fewer (since Pakistan already has so many transport copters) would make it any less effective.

The logical conclusion, then, is that the reason for the current immobility is due to leadership failure at the very highest level.

to avoid the danger of over simplifying the logistics of operations. I must say that the first step has to be joint planning to bring conclusion to this war.

both sides must stop blaming and complaining. both of us are guilty of being selective in our targets there cant be two views about it.

but lets start with glass half full

your drones did take out the last TTP leader who was getting pampered on the roof top and we did handover some AQ & Taliban leaders if not all.

yes there is a leadership failure thats why me and you are still arguing over it for few years now. you might blame it only on us guys but I would include the leadership of both countries.

lets be honest.. there have been instances that have benefited our common enemy. I assure you that AQ, Taliban and Haqqanis are not our assets and are not beyond lives of our own citizens. I hope that you also dont consider BLA as your insurance policy (although Bramdagh is loitering in a CIA safe house in Europe).

you see, our enemies have benefited a lot due to the mistrust thats why they have lasted that long.

can really use a strong civilian government in Pakistan. a civilian backing is what will make this operation successful.

Gen Allen.. did make an appearance in Pakistan after all.
I dont know what was discussed in the talks but this is what I hope should happen next time.

Gen Allen: Gen Kyani, we really need these NATO supplies routes opened again from Pakistan because this is prolonging the war and hurting you as well.

Gen Kyani: Gen Allen, your leadership must apologize for the Salalla checkpost attack. That has destroyed our confidence in your country. No Ally attacks another ally like that and refuses to apologize.

Gen Allen: that’s too late now for the administration, remember we were willing to do so but your own government told us to wait for the findings of the committee that was set up and six months were lost. Now the US elections are too near and it cant risk an apology. It will be a political suicide for it. Look we have already expressed our regrets.

Gen Kyani: that’s not good enough, that attack along with the collateral damage from the drone strikes and cross border TTP incursions are making this cooperation really hard. People of Pakistan wont accept it. My own men wont like it either.

Gen Allen: what about one of our military commanders, like myself comes over here and we together lay flowers at the memorial of the dead soldiers? We issue a joint statement as a start?

Gen Kyani: hmmm.

Gen Allen: Gen Kyani, you really need to decide about the operation in North if you want this war to end.

Gen Kyani: you know about our current deployment and commitment in Bajur, mehmond , Khyber and south Waziristan. The current situation doesn’t allow another operation in a new sector. And then there is a question of resources. They can easily escape into Afghanistan like the TTP does.

Gen Allen: we will help you.

Gen Kyani: how?

Gen Allen: tell me what extra resources you would need and I will see if we can convince the administration to provide you with any extra equipment you can use for this operation. Also we will seal the border from our side.

Gen Kyani: even if we get what we need from you and say we launch the operation then its you sorted we are still stuck

Gen Allen: how so.

Gen Kyani : BLA and TTP, they are languishing in Afghanistan and using it as a launching pad to attack my troops and people of Pakistan. I cant have that. I cant spare troops for that operation when there is no relief from your end against the terrorist attacks against Pakistan.

Gen Allen: well that’s beyond my mandate and responsibility.

Gen Kyani: and that’s exactly the issue. security of Balochistan & safety of my troops & people is my responsibility. Convince me, how can I get around planning an operation for your sake against the Haqqanis that are not fighting in Pakistan and leave my flanks uncovered from TTP attacks?

Gen Allen: I see what you are saying and you should recall that it was us who got Baithullah Mehsud for you. In order to seal the border from our side along Waziristan and also discourage TTP from using Afghan territory will require a lot of consideration about troops and logistics.

Gen Kynai: I totally understand and that’s what I am saying regarding North Waziristan operation. You can start by “discoursing” TTP from using Afghan territory . and by the way.. you missed out BLA.

Gen Allen: Gen Kyani, that’s beyond my responsibility, maybe your ISI chief has to take it with US administration and CIA.

Gen Kyani: at least pass a massage to the administration that if its really serious about the conclusion of this conflict then it should consider letting BLA go. Our FC is more than able to deal with these people once they are denied a place in Afghanistan. Otherwise we wont get anywhere.

Gen Allen: so when should I hear from you about your requirements for NW operation?

Gen Kyani: as soon as Gen Zahir briefs me about his talk about BLA. Thanks for your time general.

Gen Allen: I hope there will be a conclusion to this conflict in near future.

Gen Kyani: I hope so top. Good day.

I don't understand. Are you saying that the Army will not act unless they have the latest model helicopters?

Pakistan Army already buzy in other areas of FATA plus No American Army in Kunar and Nuristan (Bordering NWA) where terrorists flee after every operation we start in our areas is the reason we are not conducting any operation.

And the reason why Our Army is tied down in other parts of FATA is same. Terrorist flee to afghanistan and attack at will. Khyber and Orakzai And Bajaur Agency where Army is conducting operations facing same problems. No presence of Army on other side of Border. Than how do people expect Pakistan just leave those area and start doing another operation in NWA? when American and Afghani Soldiers are not cooperating?

I don't understand. Are you saying that the Army will not act unless they have the latest model helicopters?

Joe

no harm in asking for the best.(latest equipment)
during first Afghan war. Gen Zia was offered F20 Tiger Sharks that were turned down. and we got F-16s.

to be honest with you, we havent been too ambitious in our demands and have settled with the spares of the used cobras and old Russian Mils and Heuis.

we did ask for drones or even access to them but that was turned down due to the sensitivity of the technology.
but over all we have tried to use what we had. in many cases the spares of our old helicopters.

Joe

no harm in asking for the best.
during first Afghan war. Gen Zia was offered F20 Tiger Sharks that were turned down. and we got F-16s.

to be honest with you, we havent been too ambitious in our demands and have settled with the spares of the used cobras and old Russian Mils and Heuis.

we did ask for drones or even access to them but that was turned down due to the sensitivity of the technology.
but over all we have tried to use what we had. in many cases the spares of our old helicopters.

Yessir. As long as what is offered in return is excellent, USA will surely provide the best equipment too. All it takes is the right kind of "arrangement". ;)

to avoid the danger of over simplifying the logistics of operations. I must say that the first step has to be joint planning to bring conclusion to this war.
I would guess the first form of "joint planning" required is between the corps commanders![/quote]

Gen Kyani: Gen Allen, your leadership must apologize for the Salalla checkpost attack. That has destroyed our confidence -
This is a political matter, not a military one. Since doing so would appease Pakistani feelings yet empower terrorists - they are, after all, using Pakistani Army uniforms - an "apology" by the U.S. would be incorrect theater-level strategy; instead, the Pakistani Army can own up to a few failings, sacrificing some of its over-ballyhooed image in favor of the strategic objective.

Gen Allen: Gen Kyani, you really need to decide about the operation in North if you want this war to end.

Gen Kyani: you know about our current deployment and commitment in Bajur, mehmond , Khyber and south Waziristan. The current situation doesn’t allow another operation in a new sector. And then there is a question of resources. They can easily escape into Afghanistan like the TTP does...I cant spare troops for that operation when there is no relief from your end against the terrorist attacks against Pakistan...how can I get around planning an operation for your sake against the Haqqanis that are not fighting in Pakistan and leave my flanks uncovered from TTP attacks?
Leadership failure, there. If you want terrorism to disappear completely the Haqqanis either have to be eliminated or submit themselves to both civil and military authority. Furthermore, comparatively few mobile units are needed to protect against flank attacks; it's not like the TTP is going to launch an armored blitzkrieg.

Yes of course, They wont act against Haqqani Network and Afghan Taliban members, they will use the equipment against TTP alone. F-16 was provided to them, It was used against TTP alone. Expecting the same in Future also.
Even if a Offensive is going to be held in North waziristan, It wont be against haqqani network, In the past when north waziristan offensive came into media attention, There were reports that paksitan wants haqqani network to shifted into kurram agency.

No human can be as brutal as these cowards who kill their captured prisoners and display their heads like on a platter. Just think… They not only killed 17 individuals but the trauma and torture they have inflicted on the 17 families and their friends. I am surprised to read that even after watching the video or reading about it anyone would support these cowards. Every Pakistani should be enraged today. I am!

Taliban is a cancer that needs to be removed immediately. We see them destroy families and homes daily yet we seem to be nonchalant about it. It is time for all to demand that our governments should get together and once and for all remove this cancer that has been plaguing our society for a long time now. We have seen much success against them in the past but the unfortunate slowdown in our cooperation has given them some leeway and they are regrouping and attacking our soldiers and civilians on both sides of the border. We need to seriously sit down and come up with a strategy to completely wipe out the evil from both sides of the border so children are not orphaned, wives are not widowed, and parents do not have to outlive their children. Unless we resolve our differences and work together, cowards like the TTP will keep inflicting wounds on innocent people of the region.

LTC T.G. Taylor
DET-United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Edit: I concur, both sides should sit down and tackle this Taliban menace.

Eight soldiers dead in Bara explosion

BARA:
At least eight security personnel were killed and six injured in two separate Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosions in the Bara subdivision of Khyber Agency on Thursday, according to security officials.

An official of the security forces said that a convoy of security personnel was passing through Khyber Agency when an IED went off near a market in Sipah area of Bara subdivision, leaving eight personnel dead and three injured.

Officials added that the bodies and injured personnel were shifted to a hospital in Peshawar. Soon after the explosion, security forces cordoned off the area and began a search operation.

Moreover, three security personnel were injured when an IED exploded near a security forces vehicle in Qambarabad area of Shalobar, Bara Subdivision. An official said that they were patrolling the area when the IED exploded and injured the personnel. Security forces began a search operation in the area, but no arrests have been made.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 29th, 2012.

Eight soldiers dead in Bara explosion – The Express Tribune

====================================

Balochistan unrest: Five FC men injured in landmine attack

QUETTA:
Five personnel of the Frontier Corps (FC) were injured in a landmine blast in the Mach area of Bolan district, some 30 kilometres away from Quetta on Thursday.

According to sources, FC personnel were checking vehicles near an overhead bridge on the National Highway in Mach when the landmine, planted by unidentified persons, exploded.

As a result, five FC personnel sustained injuries, eyewitnesses said. However, FC spokesman Murtaza Baig told The Express Tribune that at least three personnel were injured.

The injured were shifted to the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) Quetta.

They have been identified as Malik Khan, Asif Hussain, Ali Akbar, Naik Noor Alam and Manwar Khan.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack. A case has been registered against unidentified people.

Rocket attack

Four people were injured in a rocket attack in the Qambrani Road area of Quetta on Thursday.

According to SP Saryab Amanullah Kakar, the attack targeted a cash van of a private bank. As a result, four security guards of a private company, who were inside the vehicle, were injured.

Police rushed to the spot soon after the incident and cordoned off the area. The injured, identified as Mohammad Jan, Akbar Khan, Mohammad Naeem and Mohammad Arif, were shifted to the civil hospital.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.

Meanwhile, a man, identified as Jogee Sommoro, was gunned down in the Faizabad area of Saryab on Thursday. A case has been registered.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 29th, 2012.

Balochistan unrest: Five FC men injured in landmine attack – The Express Tribune

Yes of course, They wont act against Haqqani Network and Afghan Taliban members, they will use the equipment against TTP alone. F-16 was provided to them, It was used against TTP alone. Expecting the same in Future also.
Even if a Offensive is going to be held in North waziristan, It wont be against haqqani network, In the past when north waziristan offensive came into media attention, There were reports that paksitan wants haqqani network to shifted into kurram agency.

Beta

F-16 purchases by Pakistan have nothing to do with WoT funding by USA. we had already paid for the F-16s in the past and these F-16s together with the MLU deals date before 9/11.
their precision bombing was used against the TTP because it had known bases & depots which were targeted specially in Sawat.

but in rest of the tribal area, any hostile position that was not feasible to approach through ground attack was struck through air.. and no distinction was made between Afghan Taliban or TTP.. whoever attacks and engages Pakistani forces is attacked back whether or not he is TTP.

I am sure NATO and ANA wouldn't be that forgiving to BLA as well if there is a fire-fight between them in Afghanistan.

another thing son,
can you share the source of that last line in your comment? seems to be from your backside but I want to give you a benefit of doubt.
no blog or article please ;)

Beta

F-16 purchases by Pakistan have nothing to do with WoT funding by USA. we had already paid for the F-16s in the past and these F-16s together with the MLU deals date before 9/11.
their precision bombing was used against the TTP because it had known bases & depots which were targeted specially in Sawat.

but in rest of the tribal area, any hostile position that was not feasible to approach through ground attack was struck through air.. and no distinction was made between Afghan Taliban or TTP.. whoever attacks and engages Pakistani forces is attacked back whether or not he is TTP.

I am sure NATO and ANA wouldn't be that forgiving to BLA as well if there is a fire-fight between them in Afghanistan.

another thing son,
can you share the source of that last line in your comment? seems to be from your backside but I want to give you a benefit of doubt.
no blog or article please ;)

Is it acceptable to you.

The Jamestown Foundation: Haqqani Network Shifting from North Waziristan to Pakistan’s Kurram Agency

Pakistan must do joint ops with NATO and Afghan forces , trap these bastards in the border area and MURDER DEATH KILL .
Yes, on both side of borders.

please dont qualify your sympathy..

if you really care just show your regret for the loss of innocent life.

please dont qualify your sympathy..

if you really care just show your regret for the loss of innocent life.
Why not admit the reality! Irfan Baloch...

They are killed not because they were some innocent peoples but they were shias.

Today its 29/06/2012 and the thing you are quoting if from 16/12/2010, nearly one and a half year passed since the allegation and so far we have seen not a single evidence of Haqqani Network being shifted to Kurram Agency, rather since last one year full scale military operation is being conducted in Orakzai and Kurram agency to clear them of the militants.

Plz see the facts on the ground next time before you put an allegation on us.

Haqqanis have strong forward & reserve bases inside Afghanistan, they have local help and support and have immunity while doing operations inside Afghanistan by using their Afghan infrastructure.

oh yea

very convincing with a map. as well.. and the ISI guy in the background is actually Gen Pasha's son in Law..

eea9557d88.jpg

I stand corrected.

following are the killer lines.. every word reeking with daunting and undeniable proof

Officials and analysts in Islamabad believe that the postponement of the military operation in North Waziristan is more likely a reaction to the Wikileaks revelations of Pakistani support for the Haqqani Network, Lashkar-e-Taiba and other groups, than the press revelations of military support for a transfer of militants from North Waziristan to Kurram. According to a senior official:

Back
Top Bottom