What's new

Afghan Army Chief’s Statement on Durand Line

Just to add that Pakistan and Taliban had a good relationship and still have because Pakistan is supporting taliban to spread terorrism in Afghanistan for the only reason that Pakistan knows, if Afghanistan stands on it's feet and develop than Pakistan will face the consequences of the past doing.

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Taliban had better relations with pakistan, yes, but you shouldnt be a rocket scientist to figure this out, they needed pakistan for their wars against the Mujahideen thats why they were good with you at that time.

Just to add that Pakistan and Taliban had a good relationship and still have because Pakistan is supporting taliban to spread terorrism in Afghanistan for the only reason that Pakistan knows, if Afghanistan stands on it's feet and develop than Pakistan will face the consequences of the past doing.

.... may i ask to have the evidecne of this agreement to show it expires in 100 years?

Great question. Cool headed discussion is the way to go.

We respect Afghani border, and they respect ours. And yes dig out the agreement, bring it to the Islamabad or some neutral place and let's discuss it.

No need to create hysteria over ethnicity in the two countries.

Both the countries need peace and need it real bad.

Who knows Afghanistan will be so peaceful and so prosperous that Pakistanis themselves will ask to join the "Democratic Republic of Afghanistan".

Kabul Zindabad

Pakistan Paindabad

Peace.

Mr.General if anything all pukhtoon areas of Afghanistan will become Pakistan... InshALLAH.
-
Ancient_Khorasan_highlighted.jpg

-
pakistan_ethnic_PC.jpg

-
I can't find video of Pakistani General who told Americans in their face that if anything a large part of Afghan will become part of Pakistan based on Pukhtoon majority being in Pakistan... If someone could find and post that video...!!!

Keep on dreaming my friend,,, Pakistani army is just good for nothing, Daal Khor

....Pakistani army is just good for nothing, Daal Khor

Dear poster,

Did you notice that one of your maps still shows "Soviet Union". Do you know what Soviet Union did to Afghanistan your beloved country (+our dear neighbor)?

And when Soviet Union was taking Afghanistan from you know where, where did Afghans go to save their women and children?

peace.,

General Karimi gave a shocking explanation, saying Afghanistan's border is the Indus River in Pakistan. I am quoting General Karimi's all words. He said, "Durand Line agreement was for hundred years, it's over now and Afghanistan has the right to claim its territory in Pakistan.
Ah!! No wonder Pakistan desperately wants to install a pliable government in Afghanistan once the ISAF leave. By helping the Taliban (Haqqani/Mullah Omar) to take over the reins in Afghanistan, they'd ensure that such claims are permanently shelved. (And needless to say, they'd also achieve their aim of 'Strategic Depth' in Afghanistan). Or that's what they think!! Or what Kayani and his generals think!

Army generals are supposed to fight and not think! But when Army generals start thinking, what happens is what we're seeing in Pakistan, which seems to be on the brink of implosion!

Anyway, interesting days ahead! :coffee:

......Taliban (Haqqani/Mullah Omar) to take over the reins in Afghanistan, they'd ensure that such claims are permanently shelved. ....

Hope Taliban never come back to Afghanistan.

Don't you think Afghanis have paid enough price? Have some mercy please.

It is time for Afghans to extend a representative government to the southern half. How would they achieve it? Not under American boots. No. They can't.

As I said earlier, If Afghans have a claim, and they say the "100 year treaty" has expired, then bring the copy of the treaty to Islamabad. Let's sit down somewhere and discuss it like human being and not like uncouth tribals.

There is no time to be jingoistic about each other. Afghans have suffered enough. Time to demand peace and democracy.

peace.

Hope Taliban never come back to Afghanistan. There is no time to be jingoistic about each other. Afghans have suffered enough. Time to demand peace and democracy.

peace.
I fully agree! But the problem is that the PA isn't interested in what the Afghans think. They're more interested in having Afghanistan as its vassal state, as a puppet that will do its bidding. You see, the PA being mortally scared of the Indian juggernaut where conventional forces are concerned, sees 'strategic depth' in Afghanistan as an imperative. Other reasons for this doctrine include unhindered access to the gas/oil rich CIS republics and Iran through Afghanistan.

A hostile government in Afghanistan would never allow this to happen which would severely affect Pakistan's 'national interests'. That's the game being played out. Who in the Establishment is bothered about the ordinary Afghan? You tell me!

I fully agree! But the problem is that the PA isn't interested in what the Afghans think. They're more interested in having Afghanistan as its vassal state, as a puppet that will do its bidding. You see, the PA being mortally scared of the Indian juggernaut where conventional forces are concerned, sees 'strategic depth' in Afghanistan as an imperative. Other reasons for this doctrine include unhindered access to the gas/oil rich CIS republics and Iran through Afghanistan.

A hostile government in Afghanistan would never allow this to happen which would severely affect Pakistan's 'national interests'. That's the game being played out. Who in the Establishment is bothered about the ordinary Afghan? You tell me!
Read through the Strategic Depth sticky - this interpretation of what the PA wishes to see happen in Afghanistan is long outdated and flawed to begin with.

Dear poster,

Did you notice that one of your maps still shows "Soviet Union". Do you know what Soviet Union did to Afghanistan your beloved country (+our dear neighbor)?

And when Soviet Union was taking Afghanistan from you know where, where did Afghans go to save their women and children?

peace.,

don't forget Pakistan got involved in support of the Taliban during the Afghan civil war might i add the training of Taliban and other militants on your soil by the ISI as a counter to the Northern Alliance part of the reason why Afghanistan is war torn is because of your guys support to the Taliban

Only other option would be a Pak-afghan Union, what I find weird is Pakistani's and Afghans Reject this why ? hah Pakistani's still want a new union with Bangladesh.

did i miss something where are u getting these news may b these are heart feelings, i like them and i respect them

I think Afghans have a point. Valid Point.

yeh really valid point actually. for more than once afghans had dehli and all of indian punjab so india should accept this valid point as well and hand over this all territory to afghanistan. simple as that.

"The people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa across the Durand Line are not willing to join Afghanistan."
author has answered every question raised by indian in this thread. read the above line. and stop posting nonsense. Accept the reality India, accept the reality.

...................................................................//.........................................................
and on the issue of Pakhtunistan, well there are more pakhtuns in pakistan than afghanistan so better idea would be pakistan claiming the afghan pakhtun territory.

common sense is a sense not much common.

bahi wake up. Even Afghans don't want to go back to afghanistan, even they want full pakistani nationality and want to stay here for ever, wake up people wake up. forget the past, accept the reality.

Back
Top Bottom