What's new

Air chief witnesses live missile firing of JF-17 Thunder

Hi,

This news is confusing the heck out of the readers---.

Readers should understand that this news is about a new target shooting range that has some nice upto date gizmos for training.

It is not about the first launch of the SD10 BVR missile---from a JF17---.

Sir where has news said SD10 it only said BVR.

Sorry for further making the confusion.
there are only two BVR in Pakistani arsenal AMRAAM C-5 only for F-16 and SD-10 for JF, do research before you post here @BHarwana:blah::blah::blah::blah:

The thing that took of from Ground was just a Target.
if cammand will be sent by air but action from ground it means one air craft can have not only few missiles but unlimited missiles from ground to destroy the enemy. It's a new idea i dont know whether it can be achieved or not.

Rumour has it that its an indigenously developed BVR, 100km+ range and true LOAL and off-boresight capability.

Rumour has it that its an indigenously developed BVR, 100km+ range and true LOAL and off-boresight capability.

Rumor from whom? No agency reported anything about an indigenous missile, and I doubt PAF has an A2A missile program at this point. It would likely be redundant given what china has and Pakistan has access to in the form of SD-10, PL-10 and the upcoming Pl-15.

I didn't say that JF17 is not BVR capable... But my question is how JF17 got an FOC ( in induction & firing a NVR) before doing the said test??? Did any force induct a capability before testing???

Who said BVR was never tested on a JF-17?

This news source clearly saying that" This is the first time 'a bvr missile is testing in JF17' ...
No it isnt. It is only implying that a BVR missile have been tested and senior members have already clarified that its more about testing a missile in a newly developed testing range and not about the missile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom