What's new

Air Force Question Thread

what is the average number of aircraft make a PAF squadron?

Dont ask questions like that please. Somethings are better off not knowing them, Yes now a days we all can Google Earth and few other sites and look at the Air Base and count the planes, Not a must that they are the right number.
Thanks.

if they qualify, you will see them.

First to answer the ( all of the above ) all of you have the wrong number of Fighters so stop throwing out numbers it depends on the situation which changes day to day.

Fatman dear friend I hope all is well. what I saw and what I was told few of them did graduated but for some reason which I don't or the person telling me didn't know was all the ladies ended up in the VIP SQD in Chaklala. Again if you want I can make a few calls and find out the exact number and who is flying what. Anything for you dear.
MK

but US still practices it due to shortage of Pilots specially in USN.
There were only a few special rated, enlisted/Sargent pilots in WWII. There have been none in the American services since then. All pilots are officers, in every service, no matter what they fly.

There were only a few special rated, enlisted/Sargent pilots in WWII. There have been none in the American services since then. All pilots are officers, in every service, no matter what they fly.

In the Air-Force and Navy yes but the other 2 branches they have pilots who are not officers. ( Talking about choppers ).

In the Air-Force and Navy yes but the other 2 branches they have pilots who are not officers. ( Talking about choppers ).
Ah! Yes, there are warrant officers who are chopper pilots but unlike most of the worlds military forces, warrant officers are not considered senior NCO's in the American armed forces but I see your point. In American service, warrant officers are saluted, billeted with officers, enjoy the officers clubs, etc. In most military forces, they are a separate grade of senior NCO's.

The Navy is conducting a test program to select highly motivated active duty enlisted Sailors in the paygrades of E-5 through E-7, and place them (as Chief Warrant Officers) in cockpits as Naval Pilots and Naval Flight Officers (NFO).

The test program began in 2006, in which the Navy selected ten pilots and four NFOs. The 2007 selection board chose ten pilots and six NFOs. Over the next two years, 15 sailors will be commissioned in the paygrade of CW02, attend Chief Warrant Officer Indoctrination Training, then undergo flight training. Five pilots and three NFOs will be selected by a board in July 2008, and four pilots and three NFOs by a board in July 2009.

Warrant officers are being training under this program to be pilots on P-3 Orion, EP-3 Aries, E-6 Mercury, and SH-60B/MH-60S helicopter s. Warrant officers selected for NFO will fly in the P-3 Orion, EP-3 Aries and E-6 Mercury aircrafts.

First to answer the ( all of the above ) all of you have the wrong number of Fighters so stop throwing out numbers it depends on the situation which changes day to day.

Fatman dear friend I hope all is well. what I saw and what I was told few of them did graduated but for some reason which I don't or the person telling me didn't know was all the ladies ended up in the VIP SQD in Chaklala. Again if you want I can make a few calls and find out the exact number and who is flying what. Anything for you dear.
MK

thanks Sir!
hope all is well with you and your family. i pray for your health and well being.
God Bless!

sir 8+42 = 50.
1 attrition leaves 49 in service.
16/squadron.

The loss was/is being made up for. As far as I heard the last 4 units produced were called back by PAC for further tests and grounded till they are given green signal to fly.

Hi I'm a new member, so couldnt start a thread, so asking the question here:

I would like to know your opinions on how the PAF plans to counter the IAF in case of any conflict owing overwhelming superiority of IAF platmorms and weapons both in number and quality??

I think none of the pakistani members would agree to this but cummon, be realistic, hw on earth is the PAF is thinking of countering T-50s, Su30mki and rafael with only F16s ???? :azn:

ohhh boy Su 30 MKI is just start to being induced and it is in initial phase..
and Rafeal?? have u any rafeal?? no its long way to go.......
maybe 2016-17...
well aircrafts maintained by PAF are largely modranized....
i.e chk out F7 of PAF they made it a different platform.....with great radar IRST etc and also chk our mariages.....
sooo PAF aircrafts are upgraded dont underestimate them.....
well u have 5 gen fightes bt PAF dont soo this is a concern.... bt with traning all this can be neutralized...
and in near future i hope they will get one from china.....

anything new in this article?

PUTTING PLANS TO THE TEST
The Pakistan Air Force is supporting the army in its efforts to rid the country of militants. Alan Warnes reports

Dec issue

AIR International: For the best in modern military and commercial aviation

the story/news about the FLIR Herks was new to many. the DB-110's quick induction and photography of most of FATA was good news. the Mirages with LORAP have been made redundent by the DB-110's. the PAF updating its CAS doctrine was something new. - not everyone is privy to such news - it was a good article IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom