What's new

'Aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov shaping up for sea trials'

sudhir007

Reaction score
'Aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov shaping up for sea trials' -  

The aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov that India bought in 2004 is shaping up well to begin its sea trials in a couple of months, Indian Navy chief Admiral Nirmal Verma has concluded after a six-day visit to Russia, where the warship is undergoing a refit.

Verma, who visited the aircraft carrier for which India has agreed to pay $2.34 billion, returned to India Monday, a navy press release issued Wednesday said.

He had gone to the Sevmash shipyard and taken a tour of Gorshkov, a 45,000 tonne warship of the Kiev class that has already been rechristened INS Vikramaditya by Indian Navy.

Apart from the shipyard, the navy chief also visited Vladivostok, Moscow, St. Petersburg and Kaliningrad.

'Admiral Verma took an extensive tour of Vikramaditya on his visit to the Sevmash Shipyard, where he observed that significant progress had been made and the ship was shaping up well for the preliminary sea trials,' the release said.

During his visit to Kaliningrad, he reviewed the progress of the Talwar class follow-on frigates, under construction at the Yantar shipyard. He was reassured that the first ship INS Teg would commence trials shortly and be delivered in six to eight months, it said.

The admiral made a first hand assessment of all projects and held vital discussions with officials at the highest leadership levels of the Russian armed forces and defence industry.

'Reviewing ongoing projects, he observed that they were progressing satisfactorily and had reached critical stages of maturity. He also expressed satisfaction with the quality of construction and repairs,' the release added.

In his discussions with the Russian Navy commander-in-chief on operational exchanges between the two navies, they agreed that the Indra naval war exercises series formed an important aspect of their bilateral relationship, and would need to be continued and extended in scope and participation.

They also discussed possible avenues of co-operation including anti-piracy operations, the release said.

Arey yaar it has been sea trails since it was manufactured moving from Russia t India, India to Russia.
Systems should be tested on it like Brahmos,Long range cruise missile,Barack etc. And Mig29k's also.

Arey yaar it has been sea trails since it was manufactured moving from Russia t India, India to Russia.
Systems should be tested on it like Brahmos,Long range cruise missile,Barack etc. And Mig29k's also.

I do not think Vickramaditya has Brahmos , what do you think?

i do not believe that the gorky ever came to India . also that have been structural changes to the ship , hence the need for sea trials to see how she rides in the water. weapons fitting and testing is done much later . probably in India.

man there isn't much info on this ship available like what armaments it has whats the final flight complement etc.

Any New pics of Carrier> Its getting late and late , Its like saying of a builder that the property will be delivered within a period of 36 months, but when customer asks, the date of commencement of period, Builder replies, as soon as constrution will start..:(

I do not think Vickramaditya has Brahmos , what do you think?
The CBG of vikramaditya will have brahmos which can move 300-600 kms away from the carrier defending it .
It doesnt make a purpose for Brahmos on the carrier with Brahmos limited range.
i do not believe that the gorky ever came to India . also that have been structural changes to the ship , hence the need for sea trials to see how she rides in the water. weapons fitting and testing is done much later . probably in India.
I think before 2-3years back it was at India .
Dont remember exactly when it was .

the gorky has not left the port in Russia since 99 . there was a fire and it was damaged . you probably saw the French carrier or an American one which came to exercise.

the gorky has not left the port in Russia since 99 . there was a fire and it was damaged . you probably saw the French carrier or an American one which came to exercise.
I clearly remember the helis on it were like Mi-series and it was an aircraft carrier and saw flag on it and it was not viraat either

No, Gorky never came to India. It never left Russia since 1998-99. I think we are talking abt Russian Cruiser "Peter the Great" Which came to India 2 yrs back. And it came to Goa i guess.

I clearly remember the helis on it were like Mi-series and it was an aircraft carrier and saw flag on it and it was not viraat either

try to understand what i am saying . the gorky was damaged and has not left Russian waters since 99.

Back
Top Bottom