What's new

Al-Khalid 2

Al Khalid1 configuration is offered to Saudis along with 120 mm smoothbore gun and an improved autoloader. HIT has the capability to manufacture both 120 and 125 mm guns with related autoloader and other developments. This was offered because Saudis are used to 120 mm gun instead of 125 mm.

but saudis turned our offer down and gone for T 90 tank china recently made new ZTZ99 tank i heared it do AK 2 will be same new chinese tank

Saudi offer is still on table just delayed. They did not turn it down. Al Khalid 2 has a lot of speculation surrounding it. Only army knows what it will be.

i heard from some where that the saudis were possibly waiting for the
Al-khalid 2.
But i cant remember.

Shotra APS on T-90 Russian tank, its seems good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys here is a treat. The Improved AK with Shotra APS, compare it with the Ukrainian T-84 Oplot.

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/alkhalidnew.jpg/

http://img90.imageshack.us/i/t84.jpg/

so this i the pic of new alkhalid II, is it??
it was known fot it to ahve an active protection suite and Shotra was always the most appropiate candidate!!
now with a better fire control system and perhaps a 300 Hp boost to the engine as proposed, it will be more of a match for the T90 of the russians!
comments??

regards!

so this i the pic of new alkhalid II, is it??
it was known fot it to ahve an active protection suite and Shotra was always the most appropiate candidate!!
now with a better fire control system and perhaps a 300 Hp boost to the engine as proposed, it will be more of a match for the T90 of the russians!
comments??

regards!

Well this does not seems to be the AK 2 which has been much talked about or the heavily upgraded one. It seems to be the usual AK but just having the Shotra APS, may be the PA has started to upgrade the manufactured ones to this standard as we had heard that PA will be improving the old AK with some kind of counter measure system, having Laser warning & counter measure system, well Shotra APS fulfills all those requirements.

The AK 2 would be little bit different and heavier may be. And may have a hard kill APS.

Well this does not seems to be the AK 2 which has been much talked about or the heavily upgraded one. It seems to be the usual AK but just having the Shotra APS, may be the PA has started to upgrade the manufactured ones to this standard as we had heard that PA will be improving the old AK with some kind of counter measure system, having Laser warning & counter measure system, well Shotra APS fulfills all those requirements.

The AK 2 would be little bit different and heavier may be. And may have a hard kill APS.

well i agree that the Ak II is reported to be heavily upgraded and this included the APS and Shotra was a possibility for them also. beside it was said to have made improvement in engine with some 300HP extra power and that was to support extra ammunition the Alkhalid II will carry,,
plus the fire control and target accquisition system was to be an improved one,,
cant wait to aee that beast in action!! will have all the abilities to face or even out smart the T90 claimed to be the best in the region!

regards!

This is not Al Khalid 2 rather Al Khalid 1 fitted with Ukrainian version of Shtora infrared jammers known as Vatra (Guards) in Ukrainian. The pic below is also Al Khalid 1 fitted with Chinese copy of Shtora 1. The Al Khalid 1 was tested with both systems back in 2006- 2007 and the Ukrainian system will most likely be incorporated on it because of better performance than the Chinese one.

5712116db0eeb6f21087619238e9ea99.jpg

Al Khalid 2 will be in a different league as i said earlier. It is in very early designing and testing stages as of now. Pakistan Army wants it to be the Best possible mbt for its requirements. The possibility of Chinese help can not be denied but so far its all more speculation on our part. Only Pakistan Army knows what they are making to secure the future combat ground.

Is there any info on what gun they are planning to put on the AK2. I think the best option would be a chinese 140 mm gun that was trialled on a T99.

Back
Top Bottom