What's new

All INDIAN meat eaters raise ur hands.

Originally Posted by Jana
NO that is the impression Indians try to give. I have seen my Indian friends thronging on beef in Chennai. The poor souls were starving for beef in Delhi.

So hey how many hands so far ?
?

Yes, maybe. I am sure you also have friends who are starved of pork, no? Well I know of some who are.

A totally meaningless and highly provocative post just like all your other posts.
No offence guys..
but i had to tell..despite being having high unhealthy fat content ..Pork is ..when it comes to taste is far far better than Beef..and most chineese cooks use / add melted pork fat in their cooking/ frying

istockphoto_2447147_raised_hand.jpg

I will eat anything 4Legged. Put it on grill & it would disappear off the plate in less than 15 minutes.

Also, i tried beef in India for the first in Chandigargh.

Chair ,Table also ha....:azn:

Exactly since when have Hinduism and meat eating been mutually exclusive?

Vegetarianism in India is a personal choice, dictated by the hot weather, a compassion for all living beings and a vestigial influence of the teachings of Buddhism, which originated in India and influenced our ancestors in many ways. Hinduism does not prescribe or recommend vegetarianism except during specific religious festivals or functions.

Vegetarianism during specific religious festivals is not unique to Hindus. The Christians fast and avoid all animal products during 'Lent', the period of 40 days leading up to Easter.

I eat mostly anything edible like Chicken, lamb, goat, beef, pork, fish, shrimp, prawns...
each meat depends on what kind of food I like -:
Sandwiches and Curry -: Chicken, Lamb and Beef
Pizzas -: Pork
Fish-: Mostly roasted

Yes me Indian..Sikh to be precise

NO some Cows turn into meat at INDO-BD border

On a side note...I am not sure why vegetarianism is looked so down upon.I am a vegetarian , by choice mind you,Somehow I cannot justify to myself killing of another creature to feed myself...

I have the only option of "Halal" meat here because Muslims generally needs that-even if the meat seller is a non-Muslim .
non muslims(Me included) has no other easier options :(
I believe "Halal" is one of the most painful way to kill an animal.guess it'll be the same cruelty with "Kosher" or other ritual slaughtering methods.
See this Linke:
End 'cruel' religious slaughter, say scientists
Religious slaughter techniques practised by Jews and Muslims are cruel and should be ended, says a scientific assessment from the Government's animal welfare advisers.

The Farm Animal Welfare Council says that slitting the throats of the animals most commonly used for meat, chickens, without stunning, results in "significant pain and distress". The committee, which includes scientific, agricultural and veterinary experts, is calling for the Government to launch a debate with Muslim and Jewish communities to end the practice.

One Muslim organisation, the Halal Food Authority, already insists on the slaughterhouses it regulates stunning animals first on welfare grounds, as long as they are still alive when their throats are slit. But in other halal and almost all kosher slaughterhouses, animals have their throats slit without prior stunning which would render them insensible to the pain. Religious groups say that doing so would be against their interpretation of religious texts.
Continue Reading Here:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ligious-slaughter-say-scientists-1712241.html

http://communities.canada.com/ottaw...ive/2008/02/26/is-kosher-slaughter-cruel.aspx

Was wondering is this the case elsewhere India? :\

I've heard of Jhatka(sikh),Idi(Hitting...common in Kerala) Meat etc.I think these are better ways to Kill an Animal Without having a Blood Bath.
FACEBOOK Group against HALAL:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Halal-killing-is-cruel-and-should-be-banned-by-EU-law/121488671203863

Last edited:
I have the option of only "Halal" meat here because Muslims generally needs that-even if the meat seller is a non-Muslim.

Was wondering is this the case elsewhere India? :\
I've heard of Jhatka(sikh),Idi(Hitting...common in Kerala) Meat etc.

Thats the case all over the world AFAIK.

Oh lol... let's just talk about food then.

I remember when I went to Pakistan. My grand father excitedly got a dish prepared and brought it to me. It had little chunks of meaty flesh in masala. He said 'eat a bit'. I said 'but what is it?'. And he said 'Just eat it'. So I did. Quite nice. I took another. Then my grand father told me they were some part of a bull's privates. And then I thought 'wait, what?'. But I couldn't care less- they tasted good and thats all that mattered!
Hehe!! you touched balls that are not yours :P

On the topic, this subject is BS. As Tuahaa said most Indians do eat meat and most of them must have tasted beef also. The thread is there just because some idiot Pakistani pissed of the thread starter about eating meat. In India meat eating is mostly a caste thing. And the 'non-vegetarian' castes being the lower ones are obviously in majority.

Hehe!! you touched balls that are not yours :P

On the topic, this subject is BS. As Tuahaa said most Indians do eat meat and most of them must have tasted beef also. The thread is there just because some idiot Pakistani pissed of the thread starter about eating meat. In India meat eating is mostly a caste thing. And the 'non-vegetarian' castes being the lower ones are obviously in majority.

wtf u talking abt jackass?? :undecided::undecided: is it sarcasm or wat?? eating meat related to caste sys??

My brahmins friends eat beef meat and I was introduced to cow meat by my brahmin friends only. Very irresponsible comment indeed!

Back
Top Bottom