What's new

Altay tank prototype will be displayed on 10th May

It is inline with western standards. The gun is very modern and new 120mm L/55 from Germany (under license by MKEK).

MKEK L-55 gun (Most probably, It has some similarities with Korean equivalent thanks to Technoogy transfer takne from S. Korea)

s6303170.jpg
s6303168.jpg

The engine is going to be a 1,500hp MTU MT 883 with common rail injection technology which is a new one Germany rolled out.

Prototypes will have MTU engines. Domestic engines will be tried to be catched for serial produced tanks...

Armor will most likely be carry over from the Korean K-2 which is a classified composite blend with modular non explosive reactive armor and explosive reactive.

Armours will be designed, developed by Roketsan Ballistic Protection Center !!!

With-Without Add-on Roketsan Armours !!!

Altay2.png

Altay1.png

Well done to our Turkish brothers, excellent work.

Congrats Turkey can't wait to see it in action :)

According to S&H, Altay will have a less height (8cm) than Leopard-2A6 and have a weight around 61-65 tonnes...

According to S&H, Altay will have a less height (8cm) than Leopard-2A6 and have a weight around 61-65 tonnes...

That's damn heavy isn't it? For a modern battle tank to be that heavy is not exactly considered militarily smart. For example, our tank the Arjun Mk.1, weight top at 60 tons dot and is already been an issue with our Army despite having better ground pressure than most contemporary tanks.

Since Altay is in development stage, I think Turkish engineers should work to reduce its weight.

Leopard-2A7 = 67,500 kg
Leopard-2A6 = 62,000 kg
Altay = 62-65 tonnes

Among similar standarts with modern MBT's having 7 wheels around the World.

Congrats to my Turkish brethren on designing such a deadly beast. :tup::)
It really is something to be proud of. Altay seems to be lighter than the leopard and I've always been a Leopard fanboy. :cheesy:

Is it only me or is there actually some similarity between the Altay's turret and that of the Israeli Merkeva? :undecided:

Nice.....Congrats to Turkey

Congrats to my Turkish brethren on designing such a deadly beast. :tup::)
It really is something to be proud of. Altay seems to be lighter than the leopard and I've always been a Leopard fanboy. :cheesy:

Is it only me or is there actually some similarity between the Altay's turret and that of the Israeli Merkeva? :undecided:

Looks to be. But to be honest when everyone is working on an optimal solution, they are bound to converge on the possibilities, even if it's independently done. As long as it's lethal and serves the purpose I doubt it will matter.

You could have joined the Turks for the AK-II project. The designing looks really good. :)
don't worry turkey can't joined you with out pakistan permission remember the 1962 sino-india war when on the request of Pakistan they stop the sale of weapon to you

don't worry turkey can't joined you with out pakistan permission remember the 1962 sino-india war when on the request of Pakistan they stop the sale of weapon to you

What?? :blink:. Turkey had nothing to do with 1962 War, chum. It was USA that was directly asked by Nehru.

Please don't de-rail this discussion and pollute this Turkish Defense section with ignorant rants.

Back
Top Bottom