What's new

Altay tank prototype will be displayed on 10th May

thats why i oppose the role model thing..it makes people to have inferiority complex and get radicalized just like raptor.

nato and turkey have mutual interests(especially in balkans and central asia)..yes i dont like nato bombings in pakistan but pakistanis(if they dont like it too) should elect leaders that will not let nato to bomb pakistani lands.

I'm of Mediterranean blood, if you don't know what that entails I suggest you Google it.

Good for you, now what does that have to do with anything? Do you think just because you have a significant amount of Posts/Thanks you deserve my respect ? I suggest you come to your senses and have a reality check.

Read first quote. In regards to "defending" ones country, are you implying that you are purposefully belittling Turkey and Turkish people ? If so I can belittle your country until you learn to respect my country as I do yours.

Why don't you just say, Turkey, South Korea and Germany follow the Western design of MBT instead of comparing one tank to another. That is the proper term.

Turkey want's a western design MBT as it has proven to be far superior to eastern counterparts. We've seen how Israel turned Syrian tanks into rust in the 7 day war with western tanks even though syrians had "superior" russian tanks.

We also see China developing tanks that are akin to western design MBT, you won't see China developing an Al Khalid like tank, hell we might even see Al Khalid 2 to be more like western tanks.
:tup:

That's better explanation instead angry reaction. That's what I mean western design MBT especially more common German. Turkey has 300 Leopards while S.Korea's K2 Panther!

:rofl: This is the funniest thing that i have read for today !!!

:D Glad you get laugh!!

Sorry guys, I have little times right now in debates as I am current working in job. :cheers:

Various sourches claim that the Altay will cost 5.5 Million USD Est.
But think it will be between 5.5 and 6.5 Million USD cause every batch will be more improved and upgraded made for different regions in turkey
What do you guys think...??

thats why i oppose the role model thing..it makes people to have inferiority complex and get radicalized just like raptor.

nato and turkey have mutual interests(especially in balkans and central asia)..yes i dont like nato bombings in pakistan but pakistanis(if they dont like it too) should elect leaders that will not let nato to bomb pakistani lands.

NATO isnt bombing Pakistan...its US...and INSHALLAH we will kick them out of Afghanistan soon.. n congrats ur Tank luks superb

Various sourches claim that the Altay will cost 5.5 Million USD Est.
But think it will be between 5.5 and 6.5 Million USD cause every batch will be more improved and upgraded made for different regions in turkey
What do you guys think...??

is this tanks going to be used in the war against pkk? and what is our leopards doing, are they beeing used against pkk or just sitting and chillin? if so why?

is this tanks going to be used in the war against pkk? and what is our leopards doing, are they beeing used against pkk or just sitting and chillin? if so why?

You cant use tanks for anti teror warfare. You need small but highly exprienced teams with excellent intelligence service. When herons, inteligence reports or satalites inform you that terorist is leaking from turkish border you need to strike and destroy them quickly. So far we can not properly managed to do this.

After last attack of pkk (remember 13 sold died) government proposed some structural changes in army and security policy of Turkey. Lets wait and see.

You cant use tanks for anti teror warfare. You need small but highly exprienced teams with excellent intelligence service. When herons, inteligence reports or satalites inform you that terorist is leaking from turkish border you need to strike and destroy them quickly. So far we can not properly managed to do this.

After last attack of pkk (remember 13 sold died) government proposed some structural changes in army and security policy of Turkey. Lets wait and see.

One of the structural changes is to empower the police to take over some of the operations against the terrorists, unlike the military the police forces are decentralized units that react much faster. i think that the anti-terror corp was dismantle after the military coup in 1997 some say the military feared competition because they were good at what they did. e.g. military service 18-24 months vs. police force service time = until retired, now who'll have more experience combatting terrorists ?

One of the structural changes is to empower the police to take over some of the operations against the terrorists, unlike the military the police forces are decentralized units that react much faster. i think that the anti-terror corp was dismantle after the military coup in 1997 some say the military feared competition because they were good at what they did. e.g. military service 18-24 months vs. police force service time = until retired, now who'll have more experience combatting terrorists ?

I totally agree. Today Erdogan anonced that there will be changes after ramadan.

I admit that it's important to have clear lines on where the police duty starts and ends, and where the military takes over, but the conscripts can't be expected to combat veteran terrorists, who're using guerilla warfare, you need a professional army for that, and until we have a professional army I think it's necessary to give the police authority to conduct more wide operations. Normally the police just takes care of the cities, jandarma/gendarmarie deals with rural areas, military the borders and such. But the terrorists don't discern between police officers, military or jandarma, so I guess we need to empower the forces to conduct operations as they see fit.

Back
Top Bottom