What's new

American woman tries to sell son to buy a car

Toshiba

Reaction score
Florida: A Florida mother has been arrested for her alleged part in attempting to sell her 8-week-old son, police said Tuesday.

Stephanie Bigbee Fleming, 22, is the third person charged in the case. Her mother, Patty Bigbee, 45, and her mother's boyfriend, Lawrence Works, 42, were arrested and charged last week.

Fleming was already incarcerated on unrelated charges.
Bigbee is accused of having approached a potential buyer in late October, offering to sell the infant for $ 75,000, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) said in a statement.

The would-be buyer then contacted authorities.

Together, they negotiated the price of the baby down to $ 30,000 and agreed to meet, the statement said. Bigbee and her boyfriend arranged the sale for last Friday, at which point officers swept in.

"They were in contact," said FDLE spokesman Keith Kameg about the mother and daughter. "And according to our investigation, they discussed the sale of the child. The birth mother was told by her mother that the sale price was $ 10,000."

Police say Fleming had agreed to receive $ 9,000 from the sale and that she planned to buy a new vehicle with the money.

The infant is currently in the custody of the Florida Department of Children and Families.

Fleming's bond was set at $ 50,000, while Bigbee's was put at $ 100,000. Works is being held on a $ 50,000 bond.

stephaniebigbeefleming.jpg

http://static.ibnlive.com/pix/sitepix/11_2010/stephaniebigbeefleming.jpg

happens everywhere around the world. Even in India we hear stories of about parents selling their daughters for money. But to sell your baby for a car

Sad

Such people dont deserve to be alive, let alone give birth.

three mentally disturbed people coming together???Sh!t happens.....

take a child from her and keep her in social custody :)
She deserves no mercy :no:

in the west, kids are rather a burden and they fear that if they dont support their kids they are doomed for life..
this is a myth... looking their lifestyle people think they donot care about their kids....it is not like that my friend. how a mother cannot love her own child is beyond me..?? stereotyping on the basis of one incidence is not good.

^^^^^^^^^i think u cant paint everyone with the same brush.I would like to believe that this is truly an exception.

Nothing in her act of trading her child for a car I find reproachable coming from a person who's part of a capitalist economy. Rather, Stephanie B. Fleming should run for the President's office! She represents the essence of the U.S., the global economic leader, better than most of us here are able to gauge.

take a child from her and keep her in social custody :)
She deserves no mercy :no:

that's what gonna happen for sure.

Here in USA, if somebody suspect that child is being abused, whoever is in charge could get in big trouble.

i have seen several cases, where child was taken FROM parents, because they thought that parents could NOT take care the child.
heck, it's even true for animals. if they see that animals are being abused, it could be a trouble for their owner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom