What's new

Amid Border Tensions With Pakistan, India Begins Using American Satellite Guided Artillery Shells

I read a book on Soviet invasion of Afghanistan which details how Pakistan acquired advanced satellite linked artillary weaponry from Israel to aid the Mujahideen to counter the Soviet Union in Afghanistan. Can't remember what it was called.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/pakistans-military-cooperation-with-israel/

Mujhi's were mostly CIA supported.
So Whatever arms and ammunition routed to them through Pakistan were Acquired by the US themselves.

Pakistan did not wish to have a direct presence despite having supported them, same as USA.

And what is stopping Pakistan from using similar weapons against India?

As I said. We need to hit back aggressively without showing any mercy or else we woulld taken as weak by this coward enemy

Enough with diplomacy and united nations. Now make your guns do the talking

they want war and they are prepared.they want pakistan to begin it.pakistan don't want war right now.i agree that we need more aggressive approach.people in india under modi are dreaming about entire pakistan.they live in delusions but they are our enemy so we should buy or make anything that hurt them badly.

Yet Pakistanis continue to seek American arms and then act surprised when restrictions are put on them. India and US are strategic partners. This should be a sobering thought. I have no doubt US is also providing intel to India as well. Maybe even targets.

Lol, then I suggest you speak to them in the harshest manner on why the so called ‘intelligence’ they share with you failed to spot a large PAF formation heading your way, which ultimately lost you the air battle. Did you also ask them about the F-16 you guys downed?
Why did you also lose more men in the recent engagement then (2 v 1). Bad intel again?
Strategic partners in your dreams, they don’t couldn’t give a $hit about you. You haven’t even stepped up to fight China yet, and yet they dropped the Kurds like a bad habit who did much of the ground work. Now with trade concessions removed from your country, the administration openly talking about the Kashmir lockdown, trade tariffs about to come and everything else, I hope that’s sobering enough for you.
At least many of your countrymen have woken up you seem to be dreaming.

Amid Border Tensions With Pakistan, India Begins Using American Satellite Guided Artillery Shells

1062532767.jpg

New Delhi (Sputnik): The 155mm satellite guided artillery rounds were ordered following the February 2019 military standoff and subsequent border skirmishes between the two nuclear-armed nations.

The Indian army has started to use long-range precision guided artillery ammunition, purchased under an emergency clause in India’s Defence Policy.

News about the deployment of the new M982 Excalibur artillery rounds - developed by Raytheon Missile Systems- was shared with army commanders at a high-level conference in New Delhi, local media reported.

Excalibur artillery rounds 155mm trajectory correctable munitions, also referred to as Course Correctable Fuze, that use GPS technology to accurately guide a shell to its target, facilitating co-ordination in using mid-course flight path correction.

The guided shells have been inducted in the army units guarding the Line of Control, a 435-mile line which marks where the Indian and Pakistani parts of Kashmir begin.

Traditionally tense Pakistani-Indian relations dipped to a new low in February after New Delhi blamed Islamabad for sponsoring terror attacks in Kashmir claimed by terror group Jaish-e-Mohammad. India carried out a retaliatory strike to destroy the group’s infrastructure.

The Kashmir issue dates back to 1947 when both countries became independent from Britain and both claimed the region as belonging to them.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201910...FUrO_jg-Pq_r-r7_AjFGLuoLnh-EDT8dm2e0#comments

This news outlet tends to be very unreliable. The cost of the shells is crazy high and they’d didn’t order that many. The damage on the
LOC is from lower calibre guns, large mortars and machine guns.

Even these shells won't lessen Insecurity built into the DNA of Hindus in India ... always feel to be insecure is their destiny regardless of what type of weapon they bought or build.

Insecurity is built into the DNA of every kind of Gangu indian origin person irrespective of their religious affiliations.

If they have to target civilian populations, what does it matter if these are GPS guided or not!

The chest thumping is being done on targeting civilian populations. Places like authmuqam and Karen which are know tourist sites came under heavy shelling yesterday. The places are that close to Indian watch posts that they can see people walking. I stayed is one such area and Indian personnel in their posts were visible.
I don't think deliberate targeting of civilians makes sense for either party. The ammunition is expensive, civis are cheap, a trooper costs a lot to train. Scaring the civis serves no strategic purpose.

I don't think deliberate targeting of civilians makes sense for either party. The ammunition is expensive, civis are cheap, a trooper costs a lot to train. Scaring
You might be correct for a professional army however this time around Indian strategy is to punish civilian populations so that they resent against their own army. Also it puts PA in a huge pressure not to provoke them if in return they are going to bomb your civies.

I would have never said it only if i had not seen these areas closely. I don't have an iota of doubt about their intent now.

i am sure Pakistan is using 155mm shells using GPS guidance from chinese Bei Dou satellite system?? can anyone share any details ?
Same here. I though we were already using those and since February have destroyed many of their gun positions using GPS guided shells.

ISPR in one of its briefing also asked Indian side to disclose what happened to their gun positions.

I read a book on Soviet invasion of Afghanistan which details how Pakistan acquired advanced satellite linked artillary weaponry from Israel to aid the Mujahideen to counter the Soviet Union in Afghanistan. Can't remember what it was called.

That cannot be true. If i am not wrong USA only started using GPS guided shells less than 10 years ago, the major issue was the force of the shell being projected out of the barrel could damage the GPS components.

SO it cannot be true that these kind of shells existed at that time or were used at that time.

Russia has Krasnopol system with guidance.

What's on our side???
@Gryphon @Imran Khan
PA has 81 mm mortars as well as 105 mm, 122 mm and 130 mm artillery deployed along CFL. India media has been saying that PA has been using GPS guided munitions for mortars. This could have been speculated maybe due to accuracy of the rounds used by PA on CFL. In Artillery School Nowshera, emphasis is given on deployment and accuracy to recruits undergoing training. The amount of study conducted by Artillery officers is almost equal to technical branches like Signals, EME etc, which makes PA's artillery officers very capable in combat. PA artillery has always played a major part in its success even before PA used any guided munitions. Do keep in mind that Mortars can be used by infantry formations while Artillery guns are used by Gunners (Artillery Regts)

Are you looking for a tit for tat response from Pakistan Artillery to Indian guided Artillery ?
If thats the case then i suggest not to stoop so low in standard as to fall to Indian weapon race mentality which mostly looks superior on paper only. India has artillery weapons which are much more in numbers than Pakistan as well as more ammunition and logistics in terms of trucks and helis to supply them. India and Pakistan have almost same training standards in their military institutions on basic level. India has just acquired M-777 155 mm - then how come accuracy on modern weaponry cannot be achieved without use of guided munitions ?

If i may ask you- When and why do you think IA has started using guided munitions ?
Because their Artillery fire is not effective, its not breaking morale of PA soldiers, its not silencing PA's Artillery. IA has been using Krasnopol (Russian) for many years. It was also used in Kargil war by IA. Now Excalibur (USA) is being used.

Secondly, I hope you get the idea that fancy names, fancy techniques, fancy reporting keeps the Indian public patriotic as their minds tune into the dependency on new and newer weapons to win a war with Pakistan which is next to impossible now. Hint: Rafale.

PA's 155 mm guided munitions is used by Armored and some infantry formations. Now do give it a thought please that while Indian Army deploys guided artillery weapons against "static targets" on CFL, Pakistan prefers to deploy guided munitions against moving targets (MBT, APC etc). Why is that so ?

Lastly, what guided options does Pakistan have ?

203mm guns are they being used by pak army? 200 pound shell.
ATGM caliber 120 mm for LOS stronghold targets are good enough for horizontal or vertical penetration. 203 mm guns are used in other areas. Difficult to carry rounds in mountains on foot/mules. 105 mm is preferable.

i am sure Pakistan is using 155mm shells using GPS guidance from chinese Bei Dou satellite system?? can anyone share any details ?
Yes but not on CFL. Post#20.

Mujhi's were mostly CIA supported.
So Whatever arms and ammunition routed to them through Pakistan were Acquired by the US themselves.

Pakistan did not wish to have a direct presence despite having supported them, same as USA.

There were 120 countries involved in the war effort against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

US provided 155mm shells are targeting our houses, shops, schools and mosques at far ranges which is a very serious matter but no one from our FO or ISPR is raising this issue. The damage being done 2 nights ago would be avoided if clash would have happened within the agreed caliber limit but heavy artillery with guided munitions created a havoc for the people of Neelum.

It is not an attribute of a Muslim to be a pacifist when it comes to the war against Mushriks. They are deliberately killing our women and children with expensive satellite guided munitions provided by US. It is time to target their supply stations and fuel depots directly with jets, drones or rocket artillery. The muscles they have gathered in all these weeks near LoC should be defused. No point to tolerate them if shells are being fell in the vicinity of capital of AJK, the Muzafarabad.

it was purchased by CIA from israel and egypt and brought to Pakistan. Read Charlie Wilson's War or watch the movie.

This news outlet tends to be very unreliable.
That is true. This outlet does publish indian news blindly without making the necessary checks.

US provided 155mm shells are targeting our houses, shops, schools and mosques at far ranges which is a very serious matter but no one from our FO or ISPR is raising this issue. The damage being done 2 nights ago would be avoided if clash would have happened within the agreed caliber limit but heavy artillery with guided munitions created a havoc for the people of Neelum.

It is not an attribute of a Muslim to be a pacifist when it comes to the war against Mushriks. They are deliberately killing our women and children with expensive satellite guided munitions provided by US. It is time to target their supply stations and fuel depots directly with jets, drones or rocket artillery. The muscles they have gathered in all these weeks near LoC should be defused. No point to tolerate them if shells are being fell in the vicinity of capital of AJK, the Muzafarabad.

Our response is limited to 60 mm mortars or at best 122 mm mortars and ispr tweets while enemy is using cluster bombs along with 155 mm shells to hit our civilians

We need to hit harder

Lol, then I suggest you speak to them in the harshest manner on why the so called ‘intelligence’ they share with you failed to spot a large PAF formation heading your way, which ultimately lost you the air battle. Did you also ask them about the F-16 you guys downed?
Why did you also lose more men in the recent engagement then (2 v 1). Bad intel again?
Strategic partners in your dreams, they don’t couldn’t give a $hit about you. You haven’t even stepped up to fight China yet, and yet they dropped the Kurds like a bad habit who did much of the ground work. Now with trade concessions removed from your country, the administration openly talking about the Kashmir lockdown, trade tariffs about to come and everything else, I hope that’s sobering enough for you.
At least many of your countrymen have woken up you seem to be dreaming.

Yes, Indians are the only ones dreaming. IK went to US and came back claiming to win a World Cup. What did he actually win? A half-hearted agreement to mediate with India, which he promptly reversed after meeting Modi? And what about IK's attempt to turn the Kashmir issue to his favor. The response has been lukewarm.

And so what if US has trade issues with India? US has trade issues with everybody, including the EU. It doesn't change the strategic question one iota.

Are Indians delusional? Many of them are, but so do Pakistanis.

As per reports only 6 Excalibur Increment II shells were used on a launchpad and as per Indian COAS Bipin around 10 Hijbul terrorists were killed... a single Increment II shell is around 130k USD... that over 2 crore PKR..

these excalibur rounds can be programmed to impact at same time so all 6 must have landed at once ... ans with CEP of around 5 meters its unlikely anyone could have survived the impact in 20X20 meter area..

Back
Top Bottom