What's new

An account of 1965 | Book review posted in India Today

I agree. Accepting reality has been installed in my mind very deep down. Unfortunately madarssa educated illiterates like you get completely brainwashed by subjects like pakistan studies and cannot accept reality even when it is thrown in your face.

Good Lord why are you getting so aggressive and sweaty...:oops:...

Like i told earlier we are not the only one claiming what's the truth,Whole International Community is testifying the truth thus supporting our View...

There is not even a doubt...Pakistan had crushed india in 47-48, 65 & 99 wars. We don't even wanna convince these Pakistan obsessed indians who are taught propaganda by their army since they are kids. 
I agree. Accepting reality has been installed in my mind very deep down. Unfortunately madarssa educated illiterates like you get completely brainwashed by subjects like pakistan studies and cannot accept reality even when it is thrown in your face.

I reported posts like these in other threads but no action had been taken so i wanna respectfully ask Mods @Aeronaut @WebMaster @Oscar @Zakii can we also call them "Mandir educated illiterates"? Or this privilege of bashing(like Madarsah educated illiterates & 72 virgins, etc) is dedicated to indians only?

In 1965 Pakistan had better planes and better tanks than us, yet our soldiers were courageous to take on a better equiped military and defeat it. And in case some people still had any doubt about the defeat, our soldiers convinced them further in 1971.

But that is history now.
That is result of reading history books.

Lets take your claims apart one by one.

Better planes..

The F86 first flew in 47.. the Hunter flew in 51... in all records.. the Hunter was faster and better armed fighter than the F-86.. but we tend to believe dumb ideas because we dont like to read beyond Pakistan and then the hate fills our brains..and they shut out.

F-104.. Mig 21... the F-104 was a straight line interceptor that had the turning circle of a train.. comparatively the Mig-21 was a fairly nimble aircraft. The only advantage the 104 had was ability to accelerate.. But believe what you want to.

By the account of its own officers.. the PAF and other branches FAILED at its actual objectives.. But these are accounts to be read by people of understanding.. and not for jingoistic nutjobs.

Better planes..

The F86 first flew in 47.. the Hunter flew in 51... in all records.. the Hunter was faster and better armed fighter than the F-86.. but we tend to believe dumb ideas because we dont like to read beyond Pakistan and then the hate fills our brains..and they shut out.

F-104.. Mig 21... the F-104 was a straight line interceptor that had the turning circle of a train.. comparatively the Mig-21 was a fairly nimble aircraft. The only advantage the 104 had was ability to accelerate.. But believe what you want to.

By the account of its own officers.. the PAF and other branches FAILED at its actual objectives.. But these are accounts to be read by people of understanding.. and not for jingoistic nutjobs.

Better keep an eye on this thread old boy.

I perceive Jingoistic willy waving coming soon. And endless posts about chest thumping more than a Male Silver back trying to show who's boss

Better planes..

Both Gnat and Hunter were subsonic, against supersonic F-104 and transonic F-86. And we didn't have Mig-21s in 1965. We didn't have technological superiority over PAF in 1965, but then, only machines don't win wars.

Shameful defeat of a nation 7 times bigger then ours, it forever changed pysy of Bhartis and they accepted superiority of Pakistanis despite being 7 times bigger. If table were turned then Pakistan would by now could have eliminated Bharat from map and Sir Zaid Hamid would have his own program in Delhi Radio.

Shameful defeat of a nation 7 times bigger then ours, it forever changed pysy of Bhartis and they accepted superiority of Pakistanis despite being 7 times bigger. If table were turned then Pakistan would by now could have eliminated Bharat from map and Sir Zaid Hamid would have his own program in Delhi Radio.

Your victory is a function of your psychosis..there is nothing real about it.
Do tell what did you win in 1965 war??!!
At cease fire you had lost more men, lost more material and lost more territory.You failed to achieve the objectives for starting the war. Your war reserves were exhausted, had the fighting continued the the apparent stalemate on the battlefield would have converted into complete defeat for you. So tell me again what did you actually win in 65 war?

Good to know Pakistanis buy into this Delhi is everything in India tripe. Just as the Delhiwallah politicians too.

To Be Honest, if Pakistani army invades Delhi, what would we lose, a crime ridden necropolis of corruption.

And 40% of indians don't even speak Hindi. The states in India are all an entity to themselves.

And you are pretty much the Pakistani version of the Indian jingoistic flag wavers.

You can touch yourself at night thinking all you want about Ghazwa e Hind. It ain't gonna happen.

Instead of inflating your ego on what could have, should have been like the Indian Jingoists who dream of Akhand Bharat, take a look at your own country, and I will take a look at mine.

I am sick and tired of people wanting to go to war. None of these armchair warriors won't do it themselves, but they have plenty of venom behind the keyboard. Gee, I wonder why.

A lotof soldiers on both sides have died, leaving behind grieving families. I got a novel idea, how about we don't? 

Better planes..

Kaiser Tufail's blog in this regard have been very informative. A very technical analysis of both side's capabilities augmented by a dispassionate and unbiased approach.

I would recommend posters here to read his blog.

Both Gnat and Hunter were subsonic, against supersonic F-104 and transonic F-86. And we didn't have Mig-21s in 1965. We didn't have technological superiority over PAF in 1965, but then, only machines don't win wars.

My god.. the ignorance from you reeks putrid. The Gnat and Hunter both were superior in speed to the F-86.. BOTH were transonic and the Hunter broke the sound barrier with much more ease than the F-86. Do you know that the Hunter replaced the Sabre in RAF service? Never go full retard man.. at least make the effort to read up before posting on such matters. If you have nothing better to add then I suggest you leave this thread or I will ensure that you do.

In 1965 Pakistan had better planes and better tanks than us, yet our soldiers were courageous to take on a better equiped military and defeat it. And in case some people still had any doubt about the defeat, our soldiers convinced them further in 1971.

But that is history now.

In which country soldiers have refused to take on a to an a superior equipped military?
That really is not an advantage to brag around!

This topic is about 1965 and war of 1971 was a political failure, not military and in both wars US and Israel came to your rescue.

If Pakistan had any advantage of technology in 1965, than general Ayyub Khan, may not have put up defence industry immediately after the war and start producing its own stuff.

You can say you have wrong stuff for every job, where as Pakistan had applied its available resources more effectively and its soldiers were better educated.

I looked at the source. Where are the numbers for Indian losses? Who wrote it? What did they base their guesstimates on? This is no better than a blog entry by a school boy. Sources and numbers - that is what matters. What you have given is some opinion by someone who pulled these numbers from who knows where. I would term it a pretty desperate reference.

I addressed @Ajatashatru. Let him defend his contention. You tried and failed. Better butt out now troll.

Perhaps Pakistan lost some soldiers. What did India loose. Ever wonder?

A claim, no doubt, assiduously gleaned from highly myopic accounts of Indian nationalists.

For starters, lets have the numbers and sources upon which the said numbers are based. I could say that India lost more men than Pakistan, lost more territory, and that Kashmir was not an objective of open warfare. But then I should be ready to substantiate these claims. Can you provide credible references?
There have been several neutral assessments of the losses incurred by both India and Pakistan during the war. Most agree that India won, some say it was a draw but none say that Pak won-
Here from MSN - WebCite query result
And read the following books -
The greater game: India's race with destiny and China by David Praagh
A region in turmoil: South Asian conflicts since 1947 by Robert Johnson

This is an excerpt from Tanks: An Illustrated History of Their Impact edited by Spencer Tucker - Tanks: An Illustrated History of Their Impact - Google Books

• According to the Library of Congress Country Studies conducted by the Federal Research Division of the United States[
The war was militarily inconclusive; each side held prisoners and some territory belonging to the other. Losses were relatively heavy—on the Pakistani side, twenty aircraft, 200 tanks, and 3,800 troops. Pakistan's army had been able to withstand Indian pressure, but a continuation of the fighting would only have led to further losses and ultimate defeat for Pakistan. Most Pakistanis, schooled in the belief of their own martial prowess, refused to accept the possibility of their country's military defeat by "Hindu India" and were, instead, quick to blame their failure to attain their military aims on what they considered to be the ineptitude of Ayub Khan and his government.

• TIME magazine reported that India held 690 mi2 of Pakistan territory while Pakistan held 250 mi2 of Indian territory in Kashmir and Rajasthan. Additionally, Pakistan had lost almost half its armour temporarily. The article further elaborates,
Severely mauled by the larger Indian armed forces, Pakistan could continue the fight only by teaming up with Red China and turning its back on the U.N.

• Devin T. Hagerty wrote in his book "South Asia in world politics"
The invading Indian forces outfought their Pakistani counterparts and halted their attack on the outskirts of Lahore, Pakistan's second-largest city. By the time United Nations intervened on September 22, Pakistan had suffered a clear defeat.

• In his book "National identity and geopolitical visions",Gertjan Dijkink writes –
The superior Indian forces, however, won a decisive victory and the army could have even marched on into Pakistani territory had external pressure not forced both combatants to cease their war efforts.

• An excerpt from Stanley Wolpert's India, summarizing the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965,
In three weeks the second Indo-Pak War ended in what appeared to be a draw when the embargo placed by Washington on U.S. ammunition and replacements for both armies forced cessation of conflict before either side won a clear victory. India, however, was in a position to inflict grave damage to, if not capture, Pakistan's capital of the Punjab when the cease-fire was called, and controlled Kashmir's strategic Uri-Poonch bulge, much to Ayub's chagrin.

• In his book titled The greater game: India's race with destiny and China, David Van Praagh wrote –
India won the war. It gained 1,840 km2 (710 sq mi) of Pakistani territory: 640 km2 (250 sq mi) in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan's portion of the state; 460 km2 (180 sq mi) of the Sailkot sector; 380 km2 (150 sq mi) far to the south of Sindh; and most critical, 360 km2 (140 sq mi) on the Lahore front. Pakistan took 540 km2 (210 sq mi) of Indian territory: 490 km2 (190 sq mi) in the Chhamb sector and 50 km2 (19 sq mi) around Khem Karan.

• Dennis Kux's "India and the United States estranged democracies" also provides a summary of the war,
Although both sides lost heavily in men and material, and neither gained a decisive military advantage, India had the better of the war. New Delhi achieved its basic goal of thwarting Pakistan's attempt to seize Kashmir by force. Pakistan gained nothing from a conflict which it had instigated.

• BBC reported that the war served game changer in Pakistani politics,
The defeat in the 1965 war led to the army's invincibility being challenged by an increasingly vocal opposition. This became a surge after his protege, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, deserted him and established the Pakistan People's Party.

• "A region in turmoil: South Asian conflicts since 1947" by Robert Johnson mentions –
India's strategic aims were modest – it aimed to deny Pakistani Army victory, although it ended up in possession of 720 square miles (1,900 km2) of Pakistani territory for the loss of just 220 square miles (570 km2) of its own.

• An excerpt from William M. Carpenter and David G. Wiencek's "Asian security handbook: terrorism and the new security environment" –
A brief but furious 1965 war with India began with a covert Pakistani thrust across the Kashmiri cease-fire line and ended up with the city of Lahore threatened with encirclement by Indian Army. Another UN-sponsored cease-fire left borders unchanged, but Pakistan's vulnerability had again been exposed.
  • English historian John Keay's "India: A History" provides a summary of the 1965 war –
The 1965 Indo-Pak war lasted barely a month. Pakistan made gains in the Rajasthan desert but its main push against India's Jammu-Srinagar road link was repulsed and Indian tanks advanced to within a sight of Lahore. Both sides claimed victory but India had most to celebrate.

This topic is about 1965 and war of 1971 was a political failure, not military and in both wars US and Israel came to your rescue.
Both 1965 war and 1971 war were complete miltary failures for Pak. Even in 1971 war, multiple Pakistani thrusts were defeated by India in the western sector and in eastern sector, well your army didn't even last a fortnight.
And where are you suggesting US and Israel came to our rescue? US was allied to Pak in both wars. They were even planning a naval invasion of India with UK in 1971 but were deterred by the Russians and the short span of war didn't give them time for proper planning. In fact, Pak received substantial help from Iran, Indonesia and People's Republic of China.

Last edited:
All those Pakistani members of the forum read independent analysis of 1965 war by Leo Heman In February 1966 Military Review (American magazine)

It has an unflattering account of 1965 Kashmir war for the Pakistani readers. The latter may not like it but the details of battles and Pakistani losses are the truth.

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/utils/getfile/collection/p124201coll1/id/638/filename/639.pdf

Page 23 reads.

Deployment of armor. In the bat tle of attrition which stemmed from $hie orthodox planning, India lost 114 tanks and 57 armored cars versus 471 Pakistani tanks and armored care de stroyed, crippled, or captured. **** stani loeses were heavier for eaveral reasons.

Here is more in the same paper page 27 and 28.

As ground attack F 104c and F86 Proved less efficient than French Mysteres and British Hunters and Indian made Gnats.

1965 war produced no significant results for either India or Pakistan. So what if the Pak Airforce displayed superiority in the air? Did the airforce achieve the objectives of the war ? On that note, Indians claim that the objective of the war was determined by Pakistan who wanted to capture Kashmir. What is the Pakistan response to this ? Are Pakistanis given a different objective of the 1965 war ?

Back
Top Bottom