What's new

Analysis: Will India’s S-400 missiles checkmate Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yakhont/Brahmos/CX-1 class have a 660 lb warhead, yet all articles on it have a mandatory '290km MTCR compliant range'.:disagree:

Yup, but I also mentioned the Russians and Chinese never really cared much for the MTCR anyway.

S-400 does check out though. The upper range of the 40N6 missile is greater then what the MTCR allows, but its warhead is lower. So it wouldn't be covered.

But it's worth noting that the missile with a 300+km range is an AWACS killer:

9M96-SAM-1.jpg

Sacrificing maneuverability for range, it'd have a poor time against fighter-type targets. So S-400 can have a range of greater then 300KM, but not against all types of target.

They lost 1,600 soldiers whilst we lost 400 soldiers.
Where Do you generating this Data ??? Source of your Retard claim

n Kargil they lost several fighter jets even though the PAF was never involved.
MiGs over Kargil: How the Fulcrum buzzed the Falcons
https://in.rbth.com/articles/2013/01/16/migs_over_kargil_how_the_fulcrum_buzzed_the_falcons_21659
s for who is superior, the IAF is one of the worst trained Air Forces in the world. We can handle them.
Yeah Where was Superior airforce When IAF Raining Hell on NLI Soilders on Kargil valley.IAF Spends more on its Logistics And Maintenance than whole PAF Operational R&D Budget Combined

There is only one solution to this and that is to go stealth or atleast get SU-35s.

Off topic: I have few questions here.
1: There is embargo on selling 300+ km range missiles so does this only hold for S2S missile systems? Seeing sale of S-400 to China and now India it seems this embargo does not hold good for SAM system.
2: It is general perception that Nato aircraft can not fire on friendlies due to IFF codes to be same, Is this a fact or just a myth? If true then does this provision holds good for Russian equipment?
3: PAF's basic doctrine is defensive so wud it be advisable to go for equally potent SAM system only?
4: If there is code of conduct for friendly IFF in Russia then wud S-400s be identifying Russian origin aircraft as hostiles when deemed?

Let me answer that for you:

1. Missiles are Limited to only non-MTCR members only (doesn't apply to china). But radar is not.
2. Friend or Foe is only by country except its flying under another logo e.g. NATO where they have there own keys. Russians don't integrate this in all there platforms.
3. PAF and/or PA are never followed defensive doctrine. Its a myth. While pakistan forces have followed a aggressive policy (and it suits them as they can be easily divided in half by attacking force from its east) by keeping post, airbases and other armaments close to its international border with India and Iran.
4. It has nothing to do with the type of the aircraft. Please read more about this. Its actually an add-on in case of Russian systems.

Thank you,
Dev

1. Missiles are Limited to only non-MTCR members only (doesn't apply to china). But radar is not.
2. Friend or Foe is only by country except its flying under another logo e.g. NATO where they have there own keys. Russians don't integrate this in all there platforms.
3. PAF and/or PA are never followed defensive doctrine. Its a myth. While pakistan forces have followed a aggressive policy (and it suits them as they can be easily divided in half by attacking force from its east) by keeping post, airbases and other armaments close to its international border with India and Iran.
4. It has nothing to do with the type of the aircraft. Please read more about this. Its actually an add-on in case of Russian systems.

Thank you,
Dev
Thank U.

S-400 does check out though. The upper range of the 40N6 missile is greater then what the MTCR allows, but its warhead is lower. So it wouldn't be covered.
So does their Brahmos, but they are all kept at sub 300 km range regardless compared to the Oniks with a range of about 500km. Obviously there is something amiss.

Yup, but I also mentioned the Russians and Chinese never really cared much for the MTCR anyway.

9M96-SAM-1.jpg

Sacrificing maneuverability for range, it'd have a poor time against fighter-type targets. So S-400 can have a range of greater then 300KM, but not against all types of target.
Actually I am yet to know of Russian example of not following the MTCR (Chinese have plenty).

40N6 is going to be out of the Indian package as it have a higher qualified range but I think there will be an alternative offered by the Russians otherwise its not worth to Indians. They already have S-300 and Yes I know about the tracking and the better radar but that cannot justify the 6 billion price tag (That too when Russians are facing a recession).

Thank you,
Dev

If Pakistan could easily be divided in half then india would have attacked us after mumbai 26/11/2008. Each time Pakistsn has fought india we were up against an enemy 8 times our size who has the full backing of the west and Russia and has abundant access (via the west and Russia) to the world's best and advanced high tech weapons. These are odds that even israel and america would not be able to or would really struggle to overcome. Yet the Pakistan race continues to survive and thrive despite the odds massively against us.

2evvu9s.png

what do you think of my deployment of S-400 in India? each red pentagon represents 2 systems of 8 Telars for 64 250KM missiles

S-400-infographic-top.jpg

10 systems all along Pakistan border from Kashmir down to Gujarat, and 4 systems in Assam

all and all 320 long range missiles in the tubes ready to go and twice that amount for reloads :eek:

Where was S-400 and S-500 when Turkish brothers shot down Russian fighter jets in November 2015? The Russians were humiliated and can't do nothing about it. Russians are only good at fighting alcoholic Ukrainians.

9M96-SAM-1.jpg

Teh Chinese claim that they will get 40N6E which can intercept ballistic missile up to 185km, basically space.

If Pakistan could easily be divided in half then india would have attacked us after mumbai 26/11/2008. Each time Pakistsn has fought india we were up against an enemy 8 times our size who has the full backing of the west and Russia and has abundant access (via the west and Russia) to the world's best and advanced high tech weapons. These are odds that even israel and america would not be able to or would really struggle to overcome. Yet the Pakistan race continues to survive and thrive despite the odds massively against us.
I would advise to to read the previous war back in 1965, 1971. You should be able to know what I am saying.

Don't give foolish references for why, what and where it did not happen. Please stick to your facts.

As for the facts, Pakistan has been under the thumb of the west from Day 2 (since pakistan itself gave them-self freedom a day before British could). Well they were warned by the west not to push for Kashmir in 1965 (and rather warned) and cease-fire was called on behest of Russia. In 1971, the west come to save the day but was late as the party. Just to give food for thought (for brain and not chest), pakistan and its people are barely surviving but army is continuously thriving.

2evvu9s.png

what do you think of my deployment of S-400 in India? each red pentagon represents 2 systems of 8 Telars for 64 250KM missiles

S-400-infographic-top.jpg

10 systems all along Pakistan border from Kashmir down to Gujarat, and 4 systems in Assam

all and all 320 long range missiles in the tubes ready to go and twice that amount for reloads :eek:

KORAL deployment plan for dummies:

upload_2016-4-29_12-7-22.png

People are not realizing this but S-400 systems would disrupt the strategic balance in the subcontinent region. It surprises me that Russia would sell S-400 systems to India without focusing on its implications for the subcontinent at large.

Where was S-400 and S-500 when Turkish brothers shot down Russian fighter jets in November 2015? The Russians were humiliated and can't do nothing about it. Russians are only good at fighting alcoholic Ukrainians.
S-400 was deployed 'after' that incident.

Shooting down a single aircraft doesn't proves much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom