What's new

Analysis: Will India’s S-400 missiles checkmate Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say we do obtain this system I am pretty certain the Chinese would be keeping a very close eye on it (space based spy satellites, cyber perhaps?) how can India be sure they won't share intel on it with Pakistan? after all they also have bought the S-400 themselves.
Actually i was about to raise this point. China getting S-400 as well, will be a good sign for Pakistan. Chinese will not only share the technical details but i wouldn't be surprised if they will have Pakistan get a closer look at it itself and exploit it's weaknesses. Remember Israel and Greek S-300? How Pakistan formulates a counter strategy, this time will reveal. Both defensive and offensive are within Pakistan's grasp so lets see how it goes, but most probably Pakistan will opt for a defensive one and go for a long range SAM of it's own to make sure that if Pakistan cannot invade India's air space then India stays within its space too.

Absolutely. It is a grueling task for sure, and DEAD will require an offensive depth that ensures abundant supply of capable cruise missiles and ISR assets to keep monitoring the other side. Pakistan doesn't have (a known) satellite IMINT system, so there's a huge deficiency right there, and we haven't seen anything in the area of guided sub-munitions or aerial decoy technology from our end either.

I will only address the part in red: Pakistan does.

Have you met a trump supporter? Or a fanaticl Cruz one?
I have.. and found no difference as to such characters here. Its the same personality and character mould.

That's way too deep Bro. You might have to "spell it out."

Actually i was about to raise this point. China getting S-400 as well, will be a good sign for Pakistan. Chinese will not only share the technical details but i wouldn't be surprised if they will have Pakistan get a closer look at it itself and exploit it's weaknesses. Remember Israel and Greek S-300? How Pakistan formulates a counter strategy, this time will reveal. Both defensive and offensive are within Pakistan's grasp so lets see how it goes, but most probably Pakistan will opt for a defensive one and go for a long range SAM of it's own to make sure that if Pakistan cannot invade India's air space then India stays within its space too.

Yes and Why is China getting the S400:
1) To fill a gap that exists
2) To build a better more capable system
3) To build a more effective counter measure to it

I will only address the part in red: Pakistan does.

That's way too deep Bro. You might have to "spell it out."

I used perceptual language "known" and "seen" for a reason ;)

Our Indian friends are trying to paint a picture that since India is getting S-400 "Pakistan is doomed". Firstly how it will perform in Indo-Pak environment (for instance flight time and reaction time are quite short) there lies huge uncertainity, same goes for its accuracy, kill ratio and other tech details-----Most importantly getting privy with these details, would be a walk in the park for Pakistan. Secondly, if the need arises, Pakistan can acquire HQ-9(According to the rumors Pakistan already did) from China on emergency footings and keep the Indians at bay. I really don't see how the balance will be tilted in India's favor with the acquisition of S-400. Lastly penaids have been around for decades and given to Pakistan's extensive experience with a diversity of missiles, it is safe to assume that this field is covered as well. No wonder the notion floats that 'defence forums are for kids to fight cyber battles' because according to Indians and some Pakistani newspaper defence experts "India has finally defeated Pakistan by acquiring the S-400" :lol:

we should buy this system or create similar with help of china to counter s 400 threat

see you tube video with title

US Air force unveils S-400 KILLER MISSILES to scare Putin

India pretty much dominated the air space during the Kargil War and this was before getting hundreds of Su-30MKI Air-Superiority fighters and now t the S-400 :pop:

there is pretty much nothing Pakistan can do to beat this conventionally. even the U.S would have a hard time dealing with this and we are the masters of SEADs

Pakistan never admitted their involvement in Kargil so PAF could not get involved, Kargil is in India, its was only IAF involved so obviously they dominated it 101%

Some people shouting Koral System
Welcome to the world of modern Electronic warfare.
DRDO%2BEW%2BSystem.JPG

I would to give two way points here.
1: To save our flying assets, we must go for stealth Technology but it is long way process to replace each and everything.
2: We must try to get a hand on similar or equivalent defense system.

Whatever number of systems India may buy, they wud be forced to share them inside, on eastern border and along LAC. It wud not be wise to argue that in case of any eventuality they ll amass all of them along just one border and that is why India is calling for preparation of two front war always.

India pretty much dominated the air space during the Kargil War and this was before getting hundreds of Su-30MKI Air-Superiority fighters and now t the S-400 :pop:

there is pretty much nothing Pakistan can do to beat this conventionally. even the U.S would have a hard time dealing with this and we are the masters of SEADs
And you got 15 thanks from 15 Indians.

PAF was not involved for any reason? I dont believe they wanted to do some favor on IAF...do you?.......what could be the reason? now that Mushy has openly accepted the responsibility of Kargil mis-adventure why didn't he get his air force in action?
Kargil was totally Mushi's brainchild and PAF was never onboard on this. And when things escalated they decided to safeguard own boundaries as still they werent tasked to go and launch strikes inside Indian territory. For refrence U can read an honest narration by Mr Kaisar Tufail.

http://kaiser-aeronaut.blogspot.com/2009/01/kargil-conflict-and-pakistan-air-force.html

In Kargil they lost several fighter jets even though the PAF was never involved.

As for who is superior, the IAF is one of the worst trained Air Forces in the world. We can handle them.

Have you read up on why the PAF was "never involved"?

..........We only left Kargil because of international pressure.

Yes, the Germans only lost WWII because of international pressure.

Well done.

@Quwa

What the S 400 does is it makes Pakistan deploy some of
its PAF Fighter planes and Cruise missiles only to take out a S 400 system

Now there lies the catch ; You know the location of a S 400 system and you try to take it out

S 400 is the Bait -- which you will come after

So IAF fighters and Cuise and Ballistic missiles will alloted ground Targets
ie Pakistani Missile batteries --
precisely to defend the S 400 --- courtesy the IMINT satellites of India

And IAF fighters will also conduct offensive air sweeps to keep PAF fighters at bay

So because of the S 400 we will see the creation of an Ariel Kill Zone
similar to a Land Warfare Kill zone where enemy Tanks are pushed into a kill zone

Last edited:
Whatever number of systems India may buy, they wud be forced to share them inside, on eastern border and along LAC. It wud not be wise to argue that in case of any eventuality they ll amass all of them along just one border and that is why India is calling for preparation of two front war always.

Depends on the circumstances, If war with Pakistan is imminent, but there is no saber
rattling from China, as has happened in previous wars, most recently in Kargil war, where Chinese refuse to even come to Pakistan's diplomatic aid.

Then India can deploy all S-400 systems on borders with Pakistan, virtually denying Pakistan the use of most of it own airspace.
However in another case, where war with Pakistan is imminent but there is a possibility of Chinese intervention.
Then also India can deploys most of its S400 batteries against Pakistan, where as S-300 batteries(which India already posses) can be deployed in the North East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom