What's new

Angry India tells US 'times have changed' after diplomat spat

there...i agree with you...but it is done to everybody that is brought to a prison. i understand it is considered "barbaric" in india, but not in US.

oh and btw..she is NoT a diplomat.

Diplomacy is a two way protocol, we can also reciprocate with some barbaric action and say here in India it is normal. The state authorities have behaved irresponsibly in USA.

there...i agree with you...but it is done to everybody that is brought to a prison. i understand it is considered "barbaric" in india, but not in US.

oh and btw..she is NoT a diplomat.

1. she is a counselor general with limited diplomatic immunity ( which means she cannot be arrested until she has murdered or raped some one) that is crystal clear

According to the questioner, two Filipino women were rescued escaping the Saudi diplomatic military attaché's residence in a Washington suburb. But "no Saudi diplomats have been charged, none of them have been cavity-searched."s

Can you tell me why they were not arrested and cavity checked

2. Wrong ... she is the first diplomat in the world to be cavity checked , last year when Straus Khan was arrested he was not cavity checked , its not standard procedure..... its only standard procedure for those who are a threat to the society(terrorists , murders , drug addicts) . this was a deliberate insult and humiliation .

normal procedure my ***

3. America had no right to arrest her, if she does something wrong , they kick her of the country

India need to simmering down and let other heard what India want to say.

In away India government feel her status as a powerful nation need to respect but their tone of voice loud and irritate hard for the US government heard India request.

I'm a law abiding citizen, I have a fundamental respect for the US constitution, laws, ethics, and what define us as human beings.

I see what you mean, I guess it is fair to say that the Indian Gov't took it a bit too far.

I also posted this earlier...but no indian on pdf came forward to criticize that. this woman is no saint either.

that is a matter which is internal to India , its none of America's business , she will be delt with when she comes back home .

I want to start my own country free of corruption and politics :( who's with me ? :toast_sign:

I'm a law abiding citizen, I have a fundamental respect for the US constitution, laws, ethics, and what define us as human beings.

I see what you mean, I guess it is fair to say that the Indian Gov't took it a bit too far.

India government didn't take anything too far, their action sent a wrong message that they weren't mature enough to handle tough situation throw at them.

India government didn't take anything too far, their action sent a wrong message that they weren't mature enough to handle tough situation throw at them.

Removing the fences from the US embassy means it is going to be an escalation in the crisis.

I now know for sure that Obama, Kerry, and the other libertarian boys are furious .

India acted maturely, Never harmed any one of USA personal, protested peacefully and removed the privileges to USA's diplomatic personal.

Some more actions will follow ........

New Case Turns Heat Up on Obama to Address Human Trafficking | BREAKING VIEWS

An investigation into human trafficking at a Saudi Arabian compound outside Washington, D.C., may prove to be a test of Obama administration's tolerance of foreign diplomats who are suspected of abusing household staff on U.S. soil.

too bad they had diplomatic immunity eh ?

She wasn't "cavity checked", it was a strip-search by another female officer. Which is done to anyone being arrested.

Without cavity search India government can't manipulate the media to cause an uproar over a prison standard procedure.

Strange that some Indians here are acting as if the US somehow needs that relationship more than India needs the US.

See this is the problem with threats. If you get called on them, it can be extremely embarrassing when ultimately there is nothing you can do.

If I were a psychologist I would say India is lashing out due to an interesting combination of insecurity and inexperience on the world stage. While it may appear to be an inflated sense of self-worth, I think stating "the world has changed" is very telling.

For such a bright People, some Indians are being immensely short-sighted and reactionary to this story.

Unfortunately I don't believe it will be long before China or Pakistan exploits this cooling of US-India ties.

Putting ego and nationalism before national self-interest and security is why India will not be taken seriously as a world power in this lifetime.

See, neither we believe nor we expect US will come for our rescue in case of any escalation of tension with Pakistan or China, in fact US is a more closer & older ally of Pakistan, and the most effective weapons that Pakistan will use against us in case of a war are still American, or bought by US money.

I don't know whether a warm & friendly relation with India matters at all for US, but we can certainly live without it, in fact we have lived without it for long. Many in India are actually skeptical about this growing relationship at the expense of our other important relationships. Time will tell whether US will back down or not, but I can assure you if US doesn't, then it will hamper the relationship for a long time to come.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom