What's new

Another achievement: Islamabad voted worst airport in the world

WishLivePak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan the worst in the world - News & Advice - Travel - The Independent

The Worst Airports of 2014 report included a quote from a traveller comparing it to a “central prison” because of “aggressive security checks”, crowds and dirt.

“Travellers have also complained about the airport’s inability to handle passengers for over a decade – and thankfully, it seems the end of ISB is near,” the site said. (Islamabad airport is delayed for another 2 years, after a decade of delay already.)

----

I remember one time my parents travelling from Peshawar to Canada. Security guy is like, where you travelling, to which he's answered "what it says on the ticket" and then asked why are you travelling there. Stupid questions. Then they ask for 500 or so rupees for expedite service (security clearance). Refusing to pay bribe meant they opened the bags and checked everything. Awesome culture.

I wouldn't even call it an airport. Its like an industrial zone with an air strip attached. No rules or procedures in place, just every d1ck trying to make a lick (chai/pani) on you somehow. Can't wait for the new airport.

I wouldn't even call it an airport. Its like an industrial zone with an air strip attached. No rules or procedures in place, just every d1ck trying to make a lick (chai/pani) on you somehow. Can't wait for the new airport.
It happens when you've too many people working on airport.

Replace everything with machines or automated process when available. Pay money to buy carts, for example. Or automated kiosk to issue boarding pass with a few people to help guide the elderly or uneducated through the process.

Travellers have also complained about the airport’s inability to handle passengers for over a decade – and thankfully, it seems the end of ISB is near,” the site said. (Islamabad airport is delayed for another 2 years, after a decade of delay already.)
LOL. I was there in July before these dharnas began. Its a total fishmarket! :D Ever wondered why all mega projects in Pakistan are delayed? Its because these VIP and VVIP politicians don't need to go through this fish market like other Pakistanis when they are boarding from the airport!

The new airport will have the same staff, only more of them. :D

I am more surprised at Jeddah being second worst considering all those petro dollars.

----

I remember one time my parents travelling from Peshawar to Canada. Security guy is like, where you travelling, to which he's answered "what it says on the ticket" and then asked why are you travelling there. Stupid questions. Then they ask for 500 or so rupees for expedite service (security clearance). Refusing to pay bribe meant they opened the bags and checked everything. Awesome culture.
customs agents in every country do this… this ask the same questions and check your bags and everything… idk why you people think your something special and that if they don't let you pass without a question they are harassing you or something…
they do take bribes which is wrong and sometimes they might slow down the security checking just to get a bribe out of you… but if you did nothing wrong and your legit then they can't hold you… by asking whee you going its not a big deal…. and your dad should have answered the question instead of telling him to read the ticket…. they are our customs and security officials you have to show them respect….. just like you do in canada or america.

customs agents in every country do this… this ask the same questions and check your bags and everything… idk why you people think your something special and that if they don't let you pass without a question they are harassing you or something…
they do take bribes which is wrong and sometimes they might slow down the security checking just to get a bribe out of you… but if you did nothing wrong and your legit then they can't hold you… by asking whee you going its not a big deal…. and your dad should have answered the question instead of telling him to read the ticket…. they are our customs and security officials you have to show them respect….. just like you do in canada or america.
When we're returning to the country, they ask what we are bringing and what we did there. They don't ask why we're going back to home.
It's different when u are going to another country, but coming back is just dumb

Back
Top Bottom