What's new

Any questions Regarding India

Yes, schools which though every thing from religion correct me if i am wrong.

Insecurities? Many people use this word when they talk about islam. I really dont know what you guys are talking about? Insecurity in what sense?
You thnk muslims think islam will vanish so muslims teach them Quran?
We know that to claim my self muslim i need to practise islam. "Force"? We like "Forcing" these teachings to implement in our life because we want to remain in boundary of islam instead of going out of islam. We know the commensense that if i dont do like what islam says i can not say muslim.

If i say i am a communist not following even a bit of what it says makes me communist?

If you call me a communist, does it make me a communist? The problem with you is that you have a set definition of ''religion'', one that has been taught to you from age 3 - as recommended by the religion. Because brainwashing done at an early age never goes away.

Now you are using that set definition in your mind, one that tells you how your idea is superior to others and must be used as a standard to judge other's ideas to judge others. All you are doing is convincing yourself more and more as you do not have the luxury of an open mind.

Check out how M-W defines religion - there are many different definitions as people over millenia all over the world have come to know the term. If you wanna be rigid and keep parroting the same nonsense, then you can do it forever - result - you will convince yourself some more. And frankly, that would be an overkill.

Religion - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

If you call me a communist, does it make me a communist? The problem with you is that you have a set definition of ''religion'', one that has been taught to you from age 3 - as recommended by the religion. Because brainwashing done at an early age never goes away.

Now you are using that set definition in your mind, one that tells you how your idea is superior to others and must be used as a standard to judge other's ideas to judge others. All you are doing is convincing yourself more and more as you do not have the luxury of an open mind.

Check out how M-W defines religion - there are many different definitions as people over millenia all over the world have come to know the term. If you wanna be rigid and keep parroting the same nonsense, then you can do it forever - result - you will convince yourself some more. And frankly, that would be an overkill.

Religion - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
You cant become communist. Thats what i am trying to say! You cant become some thing which you are not follwing.

I am talking about "Islam a Religion" or "Hinduism as a Religion". Or "Islam or Hinduism".Defination of this has been explained in their books.

No, I dont have laxury to change some thing which is not mine.If i change i would call it as "doublemaster religion?"

You are also claiming what you are saying is right and tryiing to convince me.

It is banned topic, But every thread ends up this way.
can u pls post the link which u discussed with him?
Glad to meet person who has knowledge about vedic books.

Am sorry, I was just a mute reader on that thread. I will give you the link if I manage to find it.

No, what is being claimed is that your interpretation of what constitutes "religion" is narrow & based only on the experience of your own religion. Buddhists, Jains & even some Hindus are atheists & can still claim to be religious, an interpretation that is simply not understandable by a follower of the Abrahamic faiths. For you God is an absolute necessity in your religion, others have historically taken a different view. If you are unable to appreciate complex religious outlooks merely because of how your own religion sees & explains itself, it is hardly proof that other religions are incoherent, only that your outlook is not vast enough to appreciate the same. Hardly anyone else's fault.

It was from my ancestral history so yeah I believe it to be true, and ancient buildings are a tourist destination - there is a difference between something to be put on display and something that you culturally get associated with. A lot of museums all around the world display items of different cultures that doesn't mean they associate with it, I don't see any influence of mughals in my culture or my living so yeah it's from a personal POV.
I said I did not read much about him and believe me it does not matter much, a tipu sultan based question was worth 10 marks in history exam so had it done with, I also said my ancestors fled their ancestral lands because of tipu sultans mass conversion drive so I know that he converted a huge lot into Muslims hence the big population of Muslims in and around Mysore and even in Bangalore.

As far as I know it was out of fear or out of greed..

i am sorry but something not backed by facts and just POV and opinons we can't discuss it further.

No, what is being claimed is that your interpretation of what constitutes "religion" is narrow & based only on the experience of your own religion. Buddhists, Jains & even some Hindus are atheists & can still claim to be religious, an interpretation that is simply not understandable by a follower of the Abrahamic faiths. For you God is an absolute necessity in your religion, others have historically taken a different view. If you are unable to appreciate complex religious outlooks merely because of how your own religion sees & explains itself, it is hardly proof that other religions are incoherent, only that your outlook is not vast enough to appreciate the same. Hardly anyone else's fault.

yup true the people of "the book" as the ibrahimic religion people call themselves their belief starts and ends at the one. everything else might be different but the belief in the one supreme being is common amongst the jews,christians & muslims.

What is the need for him to disprove my religion in the first place, but to convince himself some more?

The intolerance is so accepted, implicit and even necessary.

thread should be changed to ' Any questions Regarding Hinduism'

i am sorry but something not backed by facts and just POV and opinons we can't discuss it further.

You know what, let's forget about it, you cannot convince someone who lives in India with your pseudo assumptions when we practically know that it's true because we have gone through it. We don't exactly delve in the past and do not want to drag in whatever happened to our ancestors for the simple reason that it will create animosity between people. As I told you in my earlier posts the mughals are dead and buried and we don't care much about them that is not atleast the converts, Indian muslims might hold some attachment to the mughals and we don't care about it, As I said even some Goans and people in Pondicherry still hold on to Portuguese or French culture and it does not bother us. What we don't like is pushing their religion on our face or taking undue advantage of our secular beliefs. I have nothing to do with mughals or their sh!t, nor am I inspired by their culture or arts or their religion period.

You cant become communist. Thats what i am trying to say! You cant become some thing which you are not follwing.

I am talking about "Islam a Religion" or "Hinduism as a Religion". Or "Islam or Hinduism".Defination of this has been explained in their books.

No, I dont have laxury to change some thing which is not mine.If i change i would call it as "doublemaster religion?"

I am surprised that you are still at it, trying to discover the equivalent of the Koran, and of the Hadith and the Sunna and the Sharia.

There is no such equivalent in Hinduism, which isn't Islam in Sanskrit. That doesn't mean that there are no prescribed ways to lead one's life; it just means that over a much longer period, there have been adaptation s made to what was already a flexible way of life, so today it is possible to live a valid Hindu life in a great many different ways. Unlike Islam, there is no one single, correct way.

I can go into detail if you like, and explain what a Hindu is supposed to do, as the equivalent of the duties of a Muslim, except that there are no terrible punishments, no banishment from the faith, no damnation in hell-fire for not following these rules. Unless you can get on board this idea that a religion that is not identical to Islam, that does not have one book which lays down the law to be followed, is still a religion.

Your assumption is wrong. There is no central authorized, legitimate and unique source of information on what constitutes Hinduism as a religion.

You know what, let's forget about it, you cannot convince someone who lives in India with your pseudo assumptions when we practically know that it's true because we have gone through it. We don't exactly delve in the past and do not want to drag in whatever happened to our ancestors for the simple reason that it will create animosity between people. As I told you in my earlier posts the mughals are dead and buried and we don't care much about them that is not atleast the converts, Indian muslims might hold some attachment to the mughals and we don't care about it, As I said even some Goans and people in Pondicherry still hold on to Portuguese or French culture and it does not bother us. What we don't like is pushing their religion on our face or taking undue advantage of our secular beliefs. I have nothing to do with mughals or their sh!t, nor am I inspired by their culture or arts or their religion period.

like i said trying to pass of personal opinons as facts cannot work on educated forums. and now that you can't backup your claims you throw in another opinon about "tell you what you can't convince me".

you are a classic example of brain washed south asian sadly both countries have plenty of them around. who are fed nonsense and then just swallow it and believe in it.

like i said trying to pass of personal opinons as facts cannot work on educated forums. and now that you can't backup your claims you throw in another opinon about "tell you what you can't convince me".

you are a classic example of brain washed south asian sadly both countries have plenty of them around. who are fed nonsense and then just swallow it and believe in it.

Again you are trying to push your assumptions on to me so let's play it -

your whole premise of the discussion is..
1. mughals did not convert Hindus.
2. mughals brought in great art and culture into India and the British invaded India to take over their arts and culture.
3. Islam majorly came into India through sufism and not through force or greed.
4. Tipu sultan did not engage in conversion of Hindus or killing them.
5. Tipu did not take land or riches from Hindus and give them to Muslims.
6. According to you we adore mughal arts and culture.

Am I right or you want to add any more to it?

yup true the people of "the book" as the ibrahimic religion people call themselves their belief starts and ends at the one. everything else might be different but the belief in the one supreme being is common amongst the jews,christians & muslims.

There may be a trap for the unwary here.

Even those Hindus who believe in the one supreme being, and most practicing Hindus have this belief, have different views about the nature of God. While people of the book tend to look at the categories of monotheist and polytheist and find sufficient comfort in their distinction, there are other thoughts that you should be aware of. These include monism and dualism, and their variations, absolute monism, attributive monism, In-essence monism and differential monism, on the one hand, and dualism on the other hand. All these believe in one supreme being, by the way, so try to understand that monism is different from monotheism before jumping to any conclusions.

The Buddha hated ontology and discouraged it, and this is one of the biggest differences between Hinduism and Buddhism.

So when someone asks what is the source, where is it written down how a Hindu should lead his or her life, it becomes a very difficult question, one without a very good answer.

An interesting tweet from Sagarrika Ghosh

"India's politicians (incl in Cong) are peddlars of poverty. No neta has guts to say we want India to become rich, becoming rich is a right"

Your views Indians?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom