What's new

Anza Mark III

QW-2 (Vanguard 2) Man-Portable Surface-to-Air Missile

Last updated: 30 July 2007

The QianWei-2 (QW-2, or Vanguard 2 in its export name) is the third-generation shoulder-launched, all-aspect IR-homing, 'fire-and-forget' surface-to-air missile developed by Shenyang-based CASIC 119 Factory (Shenyang Hangtian Xinle Ltd). The QW-2 was first revealed during the 1998 Farnborough Air Show. The missile and launcher of the QW-2 bear strong resemblance to those of the Russian 9K310 Igla-1 (NATO codename: SA-16 Gimlet), and the two missile systems are believed to be comparable in performance.

Compared to the QW-1, the minimum operating altitude of the QW-2 has been reduced from 30m to 10m; the operating range has been increased from 5km to 6km; and the missile’s reaction time has been reduced to below 5 seconds. The QW-2 features a newly developed dual-band passive IR seeker with strong resistance to heat flares dispensed by the target and solar/ground heat, thus improving the missile’s performance in day/night, all-weather conditions.

The QW-2 has yet been spotted in operational service with the PLA. The missile has been produced in Pakistan under license as Anza MK-3.

take it up with Chinese Defence Today!

I stand corrected fatman.

I was under the impression from earliar posts in this thread that Anza 3 would be more in the league of SA13 Gopher.

Perhaps that is why people have posted about the aquisition of Bamse 23.

I stand corrected fatman.

I was under the impression from earliar posts in this thread that Anza 3 would be more in the league of SA13 Gopher.

I am glad - u seem to be a very intelligent person - would u care to smoke a peace pipe!

I am glad - u seem to be a very intelligent person - would u care to smoke a peace pipe!

Yes I would. Its been a weird posting session today.

Turns out that the Anza 2 was based on QW 1 which is being used and produced locally in Iran as well.

huh? What do you mean?

RBS 23 BAMSE is a different deal.

Anza III seems to have been modified to be carried on Al-Talha based vehicles as well!

Yes I would. Its been a weird posting session today.

Turns out that the Anza 2 was based on QW 1 which is being used and produced locally in Iran as well.

Cheers bro!
Have a nice day.

Any chance Pakistan is working on developing something like the U.S. Avenger or somthing else along that line.

any chance Pakistan is working on some kind of air defence system like the US Avenger or something along the same line.

Actually Anza Mark I shot down the Indian plane.

Although the short range MANPADS we have are quite successful we are still lacking in terms of original long range SAM systems. A strong SAM system can really give us an edge while maintaining minimum detterence.

I dont know if the FT-2000 system have been bought or not, but Pakistan had shown interest in it. Imagine a strong SAM system and multiple missile batteries guarding Pakistani defences. It will become really hard for the Indian planes to fight in the Pakistani territory when we will have not bad advanced planes datalinked with Erieye and other planes. It wont be a piece of cake for IAF then.

I thought it was not a piece of cake now also or is it ? :what:

Well dont worry guys India will never attack and have heard a lot abt the PAF they are very capable force.

Anza Mk-III - Believed to be based on the Chinese QW-2 MANPADS,[31] modifications made to meet Pakistan Army requirements include a new firing unit similar to the Russian 9K38 Igla MANPADS.[10][32] All-aspect attack capability and improved ECCM capability. The minimum altitude of 10 m gives capability to attack very low flying helicopters and cruise missiles. Also has a vehicle-mounted launcher variant.[11]

Back
Top Bottom