Are Barelvi muslims from Bareilly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PARAS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
I have asked this question out of curiosity.As Dehlvi means from delhi, Lucknavi means people from lucknow then Barelvi must imply people from Bareilly.Is it really so?
Bareilly is my hometown and it will be something to be proud of if it indeed is true.

Barelvi movement was "founded" by Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi. Hence the name.

So no Barelvi Muslims are not from Barielly.

funny! :P but, Dayubandi(Deobandis) follow Sunni sect formed there. and You seems correct that Barelvi sect's origin is in Bareilley. but, Muslims who follows Dayubandi and Barelvi Sects in Pakistan are Pakistani Punjabis who have nothing in common with Uttar Pradesh or Delhi.

Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tribute to Ala Hazrat

Mappila Muslims don't follow this north Indian sects. They are Shafites(general)

some lyricists use this style of adding place name:

Sahir Ludhyanvi, Shakeel Badayuni after badayun,ludhiana etc..

I have asked this question out of curiosity.As Dehlvi means from delhi, Lucknavi means people from lucknow then Barelvi must imply people from Bareilly.Is it really so?
Bareilly is my hometown and it will be something to be proud of if it indeed is true.
i have no idea about this but prinka chopra is fromm home town
that she is also my favorite
Priyanka_chopra_at_filmfare_launch.jpg

Barelvi movement was "founded" by Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi. Hence the name.

So no Barelvi Muslims are not from Barielly.

But Ahmad Raza Khan Barelvi must be from Bareilly,it seems.

Baraily and Deoband had Madressahs (Religious schools) and the Graduating students were taught in a way that they ended up with their own schools of thought...
It wasn't a sect and still isnt..None of these are sects..
Baraily Madressah said that Muslims lack in Spirituality and had more emphasis on Meditation,saints and their lives,and such..While Deoband Madressah emphasized more on Practical Islam in real world.Both were correct in their own way and nothing wrong with any of them..But later graduates went into forming camps against each other and so it started and still goes on.

The Last time i checked,of the total population of Bareilly,49% were muslims,48% hindus and 3%others(buddhists,sikhs,jains etc).So it indeed is one of the nuclei of islam in Uttar Pradesh.

Hi Paras,

I completed my PhD from IVRI in Bareilly.

The Last time i checked,of the total population of Bareilly,49% were muslims,48% hindus and 3%others(buddhists,sikhs,jains etc).So it indeed is one of the nuclei of islam in Uttar Pradesh.

Could be from Rae Bareli ?

Barelvis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be from Rae Bareli ?

No.I had read these figures in a Hindi newspaper when i was in Bareilly last year.

Vaise there are lots of barelis like rae bareli,baans bareli and chhoti bareilly.

No.I had read these figures in a Hindi newspaper when i was in Bareilly last year.

Vaise there are lots of barelis like rae bareli,baans bareli and chhoti bareilly.

I know bro, I am from UP as well. I know people from Rae Bareli who use Barelvi as part of their name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom