What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Leo2Evo_with_ADS_03.jpg

Can this be what our Arjun might look like in the near future...?

Thats too Much for You to Expect from Our Designers

sir why do\ntt the army consider to put a remote weapons staion on arjun??

because that would further delay Arjun Project, If Arjun Is to Be Incorporated with all the Modern Technologies, I doubt if Army would Every Get to have Arjun In its Arsenal anytime soon, Thats Why there are 2 separate projects Arjun MK2 and FMBT

because that would further delay Arjun Project, If Arjun Is to Be Incorporated with all the Modern Technologies, I doubt if Army would Every Get to have Arjun In its Arsenal anytime soon, Thats Why there are 2 separate projects Arjun MK2 and FMBT
Sir, according to you what could be the biggest difference btn Arjun 2 and FMBT?

What is teh factor that decides the need of FMBT over current tanks, any prossible threat scenario?

Sir, according to you what could be the biggest difference btn Arjun 2 and FMBT?

What is teh factor that decides the need of FMBT over current tanks, any prossible threat scenario?

Well the difference would be, FMBT would be a Lot stealthier, Weight Less,Would have Active Protection System,Kinetic energy projectiles,Top attack anti tank ammunitions. which is Under development by DRDO and Lets see...;)

Well the difference would be, FMBT would be a Lot stealthier, Weight Less,Would have Active Protection System,Kinetic energy projectiles,Top attack anti tank ammunitions. which is Under development by DRDO and Lets see...;)

the mcs for mk2 jv'ed with barracuda also reduces arjuns signature whatsoever type it is.

unless u got an engine powerful enough to pull the beast, weight is a problem which will be solved by integration of indigenous powerpack......but the 50 tn fmbt will certainly have the advantage since they will use the same 1500hp powerpack in th fmbt.....

arjun already has the alwcs, it can also have the aps any day but that depends on mod mood and army's demand.....

i never knew arjun mk1 cud not fire sabots....thats certainly new to me !!

Top attack anti tank ammunitions. which is Under development by DRDO and Lets see...

are they planning to integrate nag on mk2 bcoz no other anti tank missile is under development by drdo afaik.

India conducts trials on its Arjun MBT

JODHPUR (PTI): The defence establishment of the country will be keeping a close watch as India's Main Battle Tank Arjun Mark II, which can fire missiles to destroy long range targets, goes through trials in the dessert environs of Pokharan.

The pre-induction trials, which started Saturday, are about the efficacy of scientific and technological up gradation of features of Arjun II, which is under developmental phase.

"Such trials will be undertaken quite frequently till the time it is handed over to the Army," said Col SD Goswami, Defence spokesperson.

Weighing 62 tonnes each, the Army has placed an order for 124 such tanks at a cost of Rs 5,000 crore.

DRDO is working on Arjun Mark II at the CVRDE (Combat Vehicles Research & Development Establishment) with an immediate task of demonstrating it to the user and ensure the delivery of the first batch comprising 30 tanks by 2013-14.

One of the vital features of the tank is that a missile can be fired from it to destroy long range targets and bring down helicopters. It is also equipped with a panoramic night vision.

The tank will also have an automatic target tracking system, which will add to accuracy while firing on a moving target.

kuch bhi kaho, Arjun is not a good looking tank, but anyways it's not going to participate in miss India contest so..

yep...if Arjun is not good-looking, then by that respect, al-khalid is unlookable, its horrible, like a metal-churn
rattle-boned relic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

al-khalid -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I believe the biggest draw back of Arjun is it's very high price. If the process problem is solved then India may be able to conduct it as it's Main Battle Tank instead of the T-90.

I believe the biggest draw back of Arjun is it's very high price. If the process problem is solved then India may be able to conduct it as it's Main Battle Tank instead of the T-90.

Well the price will come down somewhat when larger orders are placed but in reality the price is always going to be relatively high because the Arjun (especially Mk.II) is a VERY advanced tank so with very high-end tech so high price is always going to be a factor. If you want the best you have to be prepared to pay for it.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

That's not Arjun

No it is not Arjun, it is a Arjun turret on a T-72 chassis, an idea tested by IA as a possible UPG to T-72s. Still a possibility.

Arjun MK-II will come with a greater degree of indigenization...

the german engine will be replaced with an indigenous 1500hp one, quite a few more suspension and
hydro-pneumatic-related things that were procured from germany and belgium will be replaced with an
indigenous alternatives, i guess that would reduce the price to a considerable extent

Back
Top Bottom